Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 250cc club in Hamilton?

Bike
    None :(

Alas dear friends

Its time for me to give up motorcycling for a SUV for the mountain bikes.
    If someone wants a gv250 '07 22k ODO, WOF and Reg till Feb15 with leather pants, jack, gloves, 2xhelmets (boots are fked) then make me an offer - otherwise its going on trademe or say sitting in the shed for summers.
    I have enjoyed my short years reliving my 20's but with my near misses, ppl continuing to txt while driving, the freezing cold, the pouring rain and the heart wrenching gales - I will miss it in an odd sort of way. As I will do you guys (and gals).

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you dont text while riding, ride in storms, frosts etc you'll be fine. Nothing wrong in giving away riding if its not part of your lifestyle.

What money are you putting on the GV?
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    None :(
    It was my commuter. Going to put in trademe for 3k in about a couple of weeks. For you I would do it for 2.5k. It has minor paint scuffing where the pannier's are (I put cloth where it rubs now), different colour side panel (cause the other one came off when riding as I didn't secure it probably when charging battery) and it backfires every so often. But I have service records etc if I dig them up. I just want it out of the shed but don't want to give it away.

Bike
    I'm in Hamilton for the weekend and keen for a blat sat. Be nice to have some company if anyone is free or suggestion of where to go. Thinking raglan.

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries
    room for a yamaha?
    How do i delete my KB account?

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyu View Post
    This is a wicked write up man! Really captures the spirit if the ride and that last photo may as well have been taken by a photographer! Really appreciate the input. I might ask a few 250 riders at the uni sometime if they might want to start something up and we can make these smaller capacity rides a regular thing!

That said, going from a scooter back to a motorcycle would be quite a change in itself especially the riding position in the Aquila.
    These last few days have been freezing in general, the old kawa has been struggling to get going in the mornings haha.

I'll be seeing you for that ride next weekend then man, sounds like it would be a good ride
    Whats the neighbor like ? she hot?

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Sunday 28th. I'm going to leave Te A about 10am. Ride out through Ngaroma to Whakamaru. I will either come back via old taupo rd, or Bennydale Tekuiti. Anyone interested in tagging along, let me know and I will arrange to meet up.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Sunday's ride is off. The bike I have on loan needs a new rear tyre & today I see the chain has a tight few links, so I'm going to do a scooter ride thru the back roads behind Tekuiti onto the Bennydale rd.

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kyu View Post
    Yeah man I'm really keen! Sounds like it would be a good experience. I'm also on my learners atm so I won't feel like a complete newbie having someone else there too. Also sounds like it could be a good learning experience Sorry for the late replies, been a bit busy at uni.
    Hey mate, swapped frames wof and reg with all riding gear now so letr me know if ya keen for rides big or small... just did Auckland and back up to the north shore across to west Auckland then through cbd and back so bloods still creeping back into my legs but anytimes good, same number or pm me I cant get to the net as often sorry about loosing ya number iphone died.

Thread Information