Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retro Bell helmet

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    it's made for a generic size and to suit modern 'fashion' bikers.
    I'm a modern fashion biker
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1977 suzuki fr50
    now,if only they re made the old classic bell motto 3 mx helmets as they did late 70's/early 80's..........older design styles are way cooler-just think of the old moto star mx helmets compared to the newer styles which replaced them=mega fail

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Slorider View Post
    now,if only they re made the old classic bell motto 3 mx helmets as they did late 70's/early 80's..........older design styles are way cooler-just think of the old moto star mx helmets compared to the newer styles which replaced them=mega fail
    I'd be getting me one if they did. Arai are the closest now days in coolness I reckon.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I'm the same. I wore Bell helmets because Eddie Lawson did. I tried on a bunch of the new ones when they came out but they do not even remotely fit me. I think they have gone to a "round" head shape, but my DNA is from Giger's alien, so I need the "long oval" shape.
    Have you tried the Bell RS-1? Compared to the Star it is more long oval. I love mine, especially the photochromatic visor. And that little magnet that keeps the end of the chin strap from flapping around. How easy it is to change the visor and not too forget Bell has currently the best graphics. Although, I just remembered this is the Retro thread. As you were
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    1977 suzuki fr50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'd be getting me one if they did. Arai are the closest now days in coolness I reckon.
    .........which model arai?......closet to cool I know of that's still available is an Airoh 'aviator',still prefer the old moto star-one.Perhaps they could re release it with an interior refit providing they kept the outer shell shape true in plain bold colours with orig visor,very unlikely to happen sadly-don't really like the look of the new helmets,they don't blend with the old bikes either

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Interesting that you hold that opinion, while the new BELL is not yet SHARP tested, 7 out of 8 Bell's tested by SHARP received 5 star ratings.
    agree.
    pretty confident on the performance of the newcomer...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Slorider View Post
    .........which model arai?......closet to cool I know of that's still available is an Airoh 'aviator',still prefer the old moto star-one.Perhaps they could re release it with an interior refit providing they kept the outer shell shape true in plain bold colours with orig visor,very unlikely to happen sadly-don't really like the look of the new helmets,they don't blend with the old bikes either
    This one. Not that different in shape to a moto-3 I wouldn't have thought. And yes...I was there back then.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1797590_10151924461041082_283218968_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	297433

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Bell Moto 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140981.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	297443  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1977 suzuki fr50
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Bell Moto 3
    .......originally the peaks on those helmets (one on the right) were fluted directly under the dome's....hard to tell from pik as to wether or not it is,but that's how I remember them looking-nice show piece!

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Have you tried the Bell RS-1? Compared to the Star it is more long oval. I love mine, especially the photochromatic visor. And that little magnet that keeps the end of the chin strap from flapping around. How easy it is to change the visor and not too forget Bell has currently the best graphics. Although, I just remembered this is the Retro thread. As you were
    Yes you're right, the best graphics REALLY makes the helmet far safer, and better constructed, than other helmets without said graphics.....
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1977 suzuki fr50
    I hate graphics/logos-apart from the classic 'fox' picture emblem-either the head or tail is fine by me!.........will pay $100 nzd plus postage for yr old classic XL/XXL moto-star helmet in gd cond,pm me!

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Was trying to find a photo of a 'Star' This was my first one from about 1970. They could be bought for as low as $50 then but retailed for more. Shoei was a copy at first and I used to buy them for $20Au.Would bring back a couple at a time from Syd to make a quid,selling for $70! ( Had to make them look used by smearing chain oil on them cos you couldn't import then.)

The 'new' retro Bell looks different to me,huge open section?

Name:	P9290020.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	717.1 KB 
ID:	299576

ps sorry just realised this thread is 2 mths old.
    pps here ya go .....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4501448475_9c20786d2e_z.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	299589

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Scrambler, R80G/S BMW

Bell Tourstar LTD

have one of these from around 1990 that never got worn a lot as was slightly too big. Foam is coming out of liner like bad dandruff but its still very quiet helmet compared to the new Shoei I normally wear. Sits in the garage beside a original Bell FF from 1974 and Shoei MX helmet from 1977 that's still in good nick and the liners isn't falling apart like a lot of old helmets do.
    "Just once I'd like someone to call me 'Sir' without adding 'You're making a scene.'"

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    The 'new' retro Bell looks different to me,huge open section?

ps sorry just realised this thread is 2 mths old.
    They're not a replica of any particular model, just an all new design with retro roots. Influenced by the look of the original Bell Star circa 1968 which was a car racing helmet before it was a motorcycle helmet, along with design ideas taken from the Star 120 (wide eye port, chrome vents on the forehead to represent old school domes etc. see attached pic)

Name:	h0045-4.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	302862

Here's a video talking to the designer about them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9_-skq9Ok

When I first saw the Bullitt in pictures I was a bit sceptical of it, but having seen them in the flesh I'm quite impressed, even if it's probably not my sort of helmet. Might be kind of cool to have one for riding my old CBX though....

P.S. Don't worry about the date of the thread....it's retro!

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    You can get a old school bubble visor for it too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bell.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	302869  

Thread Information