Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retro Bell helmet

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50

Retro Bell helmet

If you've got a 1970's bike this might fit your bill. The 2014 Bell Bullitt. Available on eBay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bellbullitt.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	776.3 KB 
ID:	297345  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm livin' the dream.

Bike
    '03 FXD
    First fullface I ever owned was a Bell.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    awesome!
    now you just need a mach III

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    still got a couple in the shed = Star120 and Motostar III, a bit past their best now, though.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I aspired to own a Bell when first starting..... then they disappeared for a few decades and are back with some nice lids.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Also available in TT (bubble faceshield)

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I aspired to own a Bell when first starting..... then they disappeared for a few decades and are back with some nice lids.
    I always used BELL back from the 70's and 80's, My first was the 'Star' with the 'bulbous' chin guard. (A little like a darth vader helmet) Damn solid lid, lasted many years, also had the Star 2 and the Tourstar...
    Had a look at the 'new' BELL, nothing like the old stuff. BELL were QUALITY helmets and still went by hat sizes rather than S/M/L etc. These to me are a parody of what I had before.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by toycollector10 View Post
    If you've got a 1970's bike this might fit your bill. The 2014 Bell Bullitt. Available on eBay.
    We carry them here too. Nice fit and finish.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Had a look at the 'new' BELL, nothing like the old stuff. BELL were QUALITY helmets and still went by hat sizes rather than S/M/L etc. These to me are a parody of what I had before.
    Interesting that you hold that opinion, while the new BELL is not yet SHARP tested, 7 out of 8 Bell's tested by SHARP received 5 star ratings.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    I always used BELL back from the 70's and 80's, My first was the 'Star' with the 'bulbous' chin guard. (A little like a darth vader helmet) Damn solid lid, lasted many years, also had the Star 2 and the Tourstar...
    I'm the same. I wore Bell helmets because Eddie Lawson did. I tried on a bunch of the new ones when they came out but they do not even remotely fit me. I think they have gone to a "round" head shape, but my DNA is from Giger's alien, so I need the "long oval" shape.

I went Shoei and Arai. Both good lids. About to retire the Shoei I decked on that trackday (five years ago..... )
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Are they deafening too, for that authentic 70's ride?
    Give me a Schuberth any day.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    do you wear a schuberth john? ive wanted one for a number of years...purely for the low decibels rating
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Interesting that you hold that opinion, while the new BELL is not yet SHARP tested, 7 out of 8 Bell's tested by SHARP received 5 star ratings.
    I am comparing BELL to BELL Erelyes,
    the old Bells were solid fibreglass, quality made inside, superb exterior finish, and as I stated were made by hat sizes (7&3/8 for example) rather than a generic S/M/L/XL etc. That meant manufacturing a multitude of interior 'shell' sizes, but by christ, you got an exact fit for your noggin. I know my Nolan's are louder than the Bell's ever were.
    Also they had a Schnell rating, when Schnell actually meant something (1970's). IMO they are 'cashing in' on the Bell reputation of old. But I guess it's like most of the modern gear, it's made for a generic size and to suit modern 'fashion' bikers.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    do you wear a schuberth john? ive wanted one for a number of years...purely for the low decibels rating
    Hi Eddie, yes I have 2, coz the agent was selling up, got an S3 Pro and an S3 for racing. So good I don't have to wear ear plugs and can race all day without the 'fuzzy' head. I used to wear earplugs but the noise still came thru.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I personally haven't tried one out yet mate. I used to wear Bells back in the day of the M2 for race duty. Was a great skid lid but heavy and noisy. The road test of this exact lid on Motorcycle daily says they're quite noisy.

Thread Information