Thread: Northland trail riding?

Bike
    KTM 200 exc

Northland trail riding?

Hey Peeps,
    I have recently moved back o NZ from living abroad. I am trying to find some events or people to ride with up here in the deep north. There doesn't seem to be any internet activity on clubs etc so was hoping there might be some riders here online. If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.
    Cheers
    Nick

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Candy View Post
    Hey Peeps,
    I have recently moved back o NZ from living abroad. I am trying to find some events or people to ride with up here in the deep north. There doesn't seem to be any internet activity on clubs etc so was hoping there might be some riders here online. If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.
    Cheers
    Nick
    Hi Nick,
    We mainly ride at The Farm. They post events on their Facebook page, VMX, Vintage Enduro, training dates etc. It's a bit wet out there at the moment..... The easy trails are challenging. Some folk head up to Ahipara / 90 mile to ride but sand is not my cup of tea.

Local events are posted on Silverbullet, like the Prime Trail ride.

We will be heading out to The Farm in a few weeks when it drys out a bit, feel free to PM me if you can handle riding with unfit numptys on temperamental bikes. We regard the packed lunch and breaks between rides as paramount. LOL. It's $20 for a days riding and about an hour and 40 mins from Keri.

I'm looking to meet trials riders in the area to practice with and learn from. If you find any, let me know.

Any relation to Ian Candy?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    KTM 200 exc
    Hi George,

Thanks for that. I thought maybe the Farm was obsolete/closed as the web pages looks really old and out of date.

Not sure if there might be a following to start a trail club or group up? just drove through the Mangamuka Gorge today and I see there is a 4x4 track right through to service the power lines. Maybe we can start organising some riding days in different and new parts once permission has been sorted.

And yep Ian Candy is a relation, he happens to be my Dad......

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Candy View Post
    Hi George,

Thanks for that. I thought maybe the Farm was obsolete/closed as the web pages looks really old and out of date.

Not sure if there might be a following to start a trail club or group up? just drove through the Mangamuka Gorge today and I see there is a 4x4 track right through to service the power lines. Maybe we can start organising some riding days in different and new parts once permission has been sorted.

And yep Ian Candy is a relation, he happens to be my Dad......
    I figured a family tie. I've known Ian for a few years through his business.

You can just turn up at the Farm and ride, very laid back. New trails have been added in the last couple of years, they've had the digger out.
    There are a lot of paper roads and access roads / trails in the area but finding out who owns them, DOC or private, is time consuming. Actually getting permission is another matter. Fire risk and perceptions of anti social riders work against us.

There is a ridge ride from Puketi to Mangamuka bridge but it is normally gated......
    Manopausal.

Thread Information