Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1Tonne gear

Bike
    1988 Honda CBR600FH

1Tonne gear

I posted this feedback on 1Tonne's website, and thought that my experience might be informative for y'all..... So there's what I posted.......
    ---------------------------------------------
    OK... Over the last 6 months I have accumulated a full set of
    1Tonne gear, as I returned to biking after a 10 year hiatus and got equipped
    again. I have boots, pants, jacket, gloves and helmet all from 1Tonne. I
    have given the jacket and pants a bit of a workout in the recent very cold
    and wet weather, and of course the helmet and gloves for six months..
    Verdict? Perfect! On a day with an ambient temperature of about 6, and with
    icy rain I literally didn't feel the weather; I was dry and warm. My bike
    doesn't give a huge amount if protection (CBR600F), but that was of no
    consequence. All of the gear is very comfortable to wear, to the extent that
    I hardly know it's there.
    Great gear, great prices from a great outfit.
    Thanks guys... xo
    ------------------------------------------------
    That's it..... The gear is of at least as good, or better, quality in make and matierals as the gear that I had on my bike 10 years ago (Spool and DriRider) and which even back then, cost twice as much in dollars, even without inflation adjustment. I recommend 1Tonne without reservation, you would have to spend a LOT of money to get anything better....

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I like 1 tonne, too.

Got some good gear & great service for my G/F and recently new gloves for me.

Gloves were a bit of a mish. Bought & received in December but too small. Returned for a bigger size which was out of stock. I've made a couple of phone calls to find out whats happening with stock. Gloves arrived at 1 tonne just before my last call which was at 11am, new pair arrived 24 hours later.
    Hard working couple who want to give the best value & service IMHO.
    Oh. Gloves look, feel & fit great.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I got their Storm winter gloves recently and they are great value. Real warm and comfy and sturdy looking.

Has anyone bought their Terminator leather jacket? Would be keen to hear some feedback particularly on warmth factor. I have never expected leather to be waterproof but it should keep out the cold and wind.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    But has it got triple cum covered stitching and Jesus Christ approved body armour and softened with genuine Mobil 1 oil and prepubescent foreskin leather?

I miss the leather gear debates with Quasi

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn42 View Post
    I posted this feedback on 1Tonne's website, and thought that my experience might be informative for y'all..... So there's what I posted.......
    ---------------------------------------------
    OK... Over the last 6 months I have accumulated a full set of
    1Tonne gear, as I returned to biking after a 10 year hiatus and got equipped
    again. I have boots, pants, jacket, gloves and helmet all from 1Tonne. I
    have given the jacket and pants a bit of a workout in the recent very cold
    and wet weather, and of course the helmet and gloves for six months..
    Verdict? Perfect! On a day with an ambient temperature of about 6, and with
    icy rain I literally didn't feel the weather; I was dry and warm. My bike
    doesn't give a huge amount if protection (CBR600F), but that was of no
    consequence. All of the gear is very comfortable to wear, to the extent that
    I hardly know it's there.
    Great gear, great prices from a great outfit.
    Thanks guys... xo
    ------------------------------------------------
    That's it..... The gear is of at least as good, or better, quality in make and matierals as the gear that I had on my bike 10 years ago (Spool and DriRider) and which even back then, cost twice as much in dollars, even without inflation adjustment. I recommend 1Tonne without reservation, you would have to spend a LOT of money to get anything better....
    Yep, ditto here too K42. Been using their products for the last five years or more( Hmm, ages anyways) boots, gloves, pants, jackets. I've either worn it out or slide it down the road. Good stuff in my view. My ultimate touring jacket is now well over two years old, still going strong, only replaced the rain liner since it wore out at the elbows. Good products at good prices by a true blue kiwi owner operator.

@ 1Tonne, Nathan, hows that new style jacket comin along?? Any updates?? Cheers Ando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by ruaphu View Post
    @ 1Tonne, Nathan, hows that new style jacket comin along?? Any updates?? Cheers Ando
    I've kind of given up on it as the designer of it has not been very helpful in producing it. Maybe one day it will come on the market but as to when it is anyone's guess.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Just to add to this thread...
    I purchased a st of the 'bib n brace' leather pants.... recently. Had a good chance to test them out. I can safely say I am very satisfied with them, comfortable, fit nicely, with one application of 'dressing' I was out in the rain last Monday over the Wairarapa..... they only got a bit damp after a reasonable length of time....
    I can certinly say I wil be getting another set before next season..... Cheers Nathan
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Depends on the ride.

Thumbs up 1 Tonne Storm Gloves

[QUOTE=MD;1130730439]I got their Storm winter gloves recently and they are great value. Real warm and comfy and sturdy looking. /QUOTE]

Snap with the gloves. I wanted a really good pair of Winter gloves and after much looking I bought the Blizzard from 1 Tonne. I was not disappointed in fact they exceeded my expectations. The online shop worked well and they were dispatched and delivered lightening fast.

Bike
    2006 Honda Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I got their Storm winter gloves recently and they are great value. Real warm and comfy and sturdy looking.

Has anyone bought their Terminator leather jacket? Would be keen to hear some feedback particularly on warmth factor. I have never expected leather to be waterproof but it should keep out the cold and wind.
    I've got their Terminator jacket and it's pretty good! It's not completely waterproof, but it will handle an hour of rain on a naked bike without getting me soaked. It's warm, comfortable, and fits well. The only thing is that it's quite shiny leather, and doesn't really fit well with matte pants. The zips are also the older style zips, so they need to be modified to fit. Overall value considering the price, amazing!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    But has it got triple cum covered stitching and Jesus Christ approved body armour and softened with genuine Mobil 1 oil and prepubescent foreskin leather?

I miss the leather gear debates with Quasi
    I can tell ya this much, my 1tonne gear has stood up better than my Qmoto gear. Have had less than a years proper use out of my Qmoto 2 piece suit, so far the pants to jacket zip has fucked out, the velcro is crap, the one on my neck has seperated from the leather, the main zip on my jacket fucked out.
    But, it crashes well, it's very warm and surprisingly waterproof, comfy and fits pretty well.

I have used the 1tonne gear more and only the boots I got in 2008/9 broke the zippers, after a year or two and they offered me a full replacement, or any product of theirs worth the same value. I know Qmoto a few years ago would have told me to fuck off, I hear they're much better now however

In short, I do not think my Quasi suit has genuine YKK zips.
    I have some Qmoto gloves too, they're okay for what you pay, but I never use them because I decided teknic lightnings were well worth the money (they're bloody awesome)

I would buy from 1tonne again, happily. Great gear at great prices, excellent service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I'll add my ++ to the crowd at 1tonne. I have the razor gloves, which I have used pretty much daily for 2 years. The inner padding has got a bit squished so they dont quite feel as plush but they are the most comfortable, useable gloves. I use them all year, except in the hottest times where they are a bit toooooooo warm. On the coldest days some merino inserts and heated grips make it awesome.

I also have the Modular helmet.. no complaints with that either. For 160$ you cant beat it.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Between bikes
    1tonne are getting a great reputation. My CBTA instructor spoke very well of them when we were discussing gear, and I personally love my Explorer jacket. I am looking at getting leather pants soon and will probably go with 1tonne
    Last edited by Erelyes; 16th June 2014 at 19:16. Reason: corrected the model name of the jacket

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post

I have used the 1tonne gear more and only the boots I got in 2008/9 broke the zippers, after a year or two and they offered me a full replacement, or any product of theirs worth the same value. I know Qmoto a few years ago would have told me to fuck off, I hear they're much better now however

In short, I do not think my Quasi suit has genuine YKK zips.
    I have some Qmoto gloves too, they're okay for what you pay, but I never use them because I decided teknic lightnings were well worth the money (they're bloody awesome)

Just to make you happy, Qmoto wouldnt have told you to fuck off, I would have tho, only on the basis that youre a tosser lol
    Seriously tho for the record the zips where YKK most definately, I did a bit of testing work with YKK NZ who confirmed it, the testing was Steel vs Plastic zips, Plastic was 60% stronger for your interest.

there ya go, get stuck in losers
    Last edited by Quasievil; 9th June 2014 at 15:44. Reason: spell n
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Guzzi's , Gilera Saturno
    I've had some 1 tonne 'Ballistic' leather pants for a few years now, Very well made and no problems at all. very good price too.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    1 tonne quality is exellent as is there service
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Thread Information