Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1Tonne gear

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    I will investigate and see what I can do.
    Hope you find something. Seems to obvious not to. But agree on needing protection as well.

Bike
    1988 Honda CBR600FH
    Interesting comments on leather versus textile. I wear leather a lot in the summer. It was made by an outfit in Carterton some 12 years or more ago, although to be fair I was "bikeless" for a long period from about 10 years ago up until last December. I still have the gear and it seems reasonably water resistant (all you can expect from leather... it's porous)... Here's a pic from early in the year...

I have textile pants and jacket (as I said at the start of the thread, all 1Tonne), and I have to say that with the quilted liners in, and all that armour in back, shoulders, elbows, hips knees and shins, I certainly feel well protected. More so, actually, than in the leather gear, which is not 'racing leathers' but road stuff that I have had for some time. If it came to it and I have an intimate relationship with the blacktop, I think I would sooner be in the textile gear than the leather. The latter is quite good at resisting abrasion, but I believe that 600 denier Goretex is probably even better.

Anyhooo... it's good to see that other riders have had good service from 1Tonne stuff. Mine is all fairly new, but looks as if it will wear well. Time will tell. Good gear at these prices were a pipe dream 15 years ago, so well done to 1Tonne for their business. First class chaps in my book...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me and the Honda 201213 - 3.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	297897  

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Concur wit 1 Tonne.

My big thing with gear now is how well the body armour will stay in place in the event of a bin. I have reasonable faith in the abrasion resistance of my leathers & textiles but it's moot if the armour twists & leaves elbows, knees, hips ect exposed to the road.

Definitely looking at an under armour suit for the future.

Hint, 1 tonne.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Concur wit 1 Tonne.

My big thing with gear now is how well the body armour will stay in place in the event of a bin. I have reasonable faith in the abrasion resistance of my leathers & textiles but it's moot if the armour twists & leaves elbows, knees, hips ect exposed to the road.

Definitely looking at an under armour suit for the future.

Hint, 1 tonne.
    Some people use a MX Jacket under their gear and take all the amour out of the jacket.
    http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...categoryid=107

Bike
    Some people use a MX Jacket under their gear and take all the amour out of the jacket.
    I'm doing that for my knees once I can find some that are comfortable with my boots. I'm not confident that the knee pads in any of my textile pants or kevlar jeans will stay in place or even be in the right place on impact.

Bike
    CB1300
    Now that my ballistics pants are semi broken in you'd be doing well to move the armour off the right position on my knees. They still fall down without much prompting bit that was worse with the other brands I tried on. Elastic does not scale well. The curse of eating too much strikes again.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Suzuki Intruder Vs1400
    May as well add my two cents worth.
    Over the years i have also brought alot of gear from 1tonne jackets, pants, boots, gloves, saddlebags for both me and mum.
    I love the annaline ( sorry about spelling) jeans comfortable and fit well.
    Saddle bags not too flash buckles havent held up well. Everything else are still going strong after 5 years.I am looking at the bib pants any comments on these . Would like to know.
    Good company excellent service and really helpful and accomodating when i get my sizes wrong.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by wainui View Post
    May as well add my two cents worth.
    Over the years i have also brought alot of gear from 1tonne jackets, pants, boots, gloves, saddlebags for both me and mum.
    I love the annaline ( sorry about spelling) jeans comfortable and fit well.
    Saddle bags not too flash buckles havent held up well. Everything else are still going strong after 5 years.I am looking at the bib pants any comments on these . Would like to know.
    Good company excellent service and really helpful and accomodating when i get my sizes wrong.
    I know my opinion is bias but I do really rate the bib pants. I was really impressed with the quality from my manufacturer when I received them.

Regarding the saddle bags; Some of the earlier models did have some issues but we have upgraded most of them and deleted one line (Economy Detachable Saddle Bags) so that all we have left is really good high quality bags. In fact the Luxury range of saddles are really impressive. Cheers

Bike
    Thinking
    Do they still come with the pakistany CE certification lol
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn42 View Post
    , and all that armour in back,
    I think you confused a sponge with armour, I think you got swindled
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    GSA & WR
    +1 for this product, I wear it when trail riding. Comfortable breaths well and offers excellent protection and provided its adjusted to fit well the armour doesn't move no matter how much you roll around on the ground

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    My knees will attest to the difference when armour moves, following their recent familiarity with the tarmac. Everything else is in near-mint condition, or at least up to what armour can protect against. Pants will be retired when I can get back on two wheels.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    TBH I'm not sure how comfortable or "fitting" the off road protection would be under my road gear, if it would go under. I'm still on the look out for a similar suit but with less rigid armour. Or more form fitting IYKWIM. Has to be comfy for 600km + days.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    A black one
    Can anyone vouch for the textile gear from 1tonne? Namely these two:

http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...categoryid=100
    http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...categoryid=100

Thinking of swapping my current Astars jacket and pants for these as they are crapping out lately. Also how do you go about swapping sizes if you happen to get the wrong one?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Also how do you go about swapping sizes if you happen to get the wrong one?
    There's a phone number on the link you posted. You'd get the right answer from the horses mouth rather than the collective horses arse that is KB.

Thread Information