Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 1Tonne gear

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Can anyone vouch for the textile gear from 1tonne? Namely these two:

http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...categoryid=100

Thinking of swapping my current Astars jacket and pants for these as they are crapping out lately. Also how do you go about swapping sizes if you happen to get the wrong one?
    Not those specifically, no. For winter riding I'd go with the Explorer instead though, the waterproof liner is brill.

Bike
    A fast one
    Can anyone vouch for the textile gear from 1tonne? Namely these two:

Thinking of swapping my current Astars jacket and pants for these as they are crapping out lately. Also how do you go about swapping sizes if you happen to get the wrong one?
    I've had the pants for nearly 3 years. The outer layer has held up great, after a year the innermost water proof liner part began tearing around the crotch region where the two leg parts join, it now has an area where if it rains I'll get wet down there, but the outter layer is still 100% intact. As an all year rider in Auckland, they were certainly warm enough with the thermal liner in and for most of the year I would ride with it out. The armour can slide around a little, but nothing that is too troubling.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I would like waterproof pants that were really waterproof.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Also how do you go about swapping sizes if you happen to get the wrong one?
    I have had to return gloves which were to small, or my hands a funny shape. 1Tonne did not have a bigger size in stock but when the next shipment came in, after a quick phone call, I had them next morning. The G/F had an issue with boots, cosmetic but.., a new pair arrived. I love 1 Tonne service.
    It's great to deal with a company on a no bullshit basis. First stop when I shop.

All the contact info is the website.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    I've had the pants for nearly 3 years. The outer layer has held up great, after a year the innermost water proof liner part began tearing around the crotch region where the two leg parts join, it now has an area where if it rains I'll get wet down there, but the outter layer is still 100% intact. As an all year rider in Auckland, they were certainly warm enough with the thermal liner in and for most of the year I would ride with it out. The armour can slide around a little, but nothing that is too troubling.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like textile strides in general. I think the crotch issue may be over endowment.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Not those specifically, no. For winter riding I'd go with the Explorer instead though, the waterproof liner is brill.
    Not really a fan of those adventure-type looking jackets that have high collars and large zip flaps. I know they're probably the most waterproof but I just don't fancy the look of em. Cheers for the suggestion though, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post

Hope this helps.

Good to know. My current Astars pants leak there also, but mainly cos the zip is stuffed I think. They don't have a thermal liner either so I might look into these 1tonne ones..

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    I will investigate and see what I can do.
    How's the investigation coming along?

Would love-love-love a pair of gloves with
    -thin palms
    -insulated uppers
    -hard knuckle protection on a 'floating' panel
    -scaphoid protection (sliders)
    -pinky bridge (unless A* has this patented?)

Will probably end up getting another pair of gloves soon though, which would be better for cold winter mornings out of the 'waterproof track dayer' the 'waterproof razor' and the 'hooligan'?
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Sorry. I will not be getting the gloves for some time yet.
    I have just changed manufacturer of the gloves and so I wanted to just get my normal items to start off with. Once I trust the manufacturer more, I will then look at some new styles.
    Cheers

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    My 2 cents too, got some great bibs from them and visited their home store a little while back, man what a great service. A change of a jacket i had ordered, no problem. If i need anything at all I will be calling on them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    Ride Safe . . . . SixftFive

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    How's the investigation coming along?

Would love-love-love a pair of gloves with
    -thin palms
    -insulated uppers
    -hard knuckle protection on a 'floating' panel
    -scaphoid protection (sliders)
    -pinky bridge (unless A* has this patented?)

Will probably end up getting another pair of gloves soon though, which would be better for cold winter mornings out of the 'waterproof track dayer' the 'waterproof razor' and the 'hooligan'?

Give Steve a call at Qmoto, they have been doing them for years, actually Qmoto was the first to bring Scaphoid protection into NZ
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Thinking
    I have just changed manufacturer of the gloves and so I wanted to just get my normal items to start off with. Once I trust the manufacturer more, I will then look at some new styles.
    Cheers
    Im not surprised you changed manufacturer because you did trust him, Impetus Trading is and always will be a dodgy paki prick.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Leather or textile touring glove for wet riding? I'd guess the leather is not as water resistant but better wind protection and the textile the opposite? It's the blizzard and alpine models I'm looking at, but can go more spendy (or just replace more often?) as thawing hands out is a pain I'm happy to avoid.

Currents are leather textile mix 'waterproof' dririders.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Cheers

Like your No shit honesty man
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    How about winter gloves with a summer gloves palm? So thin on the palm and fingers so you can feel the grips/levers. Back thick to keep ya hands warm. Those of us with Hotgrips dont need insulation on the grip area.
    This.^^^

I'm getting a bit tired of burning my palms for as long as I can stand to try and get some heat through to the other side.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    Give Steve a call at Qmoto, they have been doing them for years, actually Qmoto was the first to bring Scaphoid protection into NZ
    Theirs are summer ones...
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Thread Information