Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manfeild long track, and racing thereon?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    And apparently, because fuck all people have raced there we aren't capable of deciding where and when we will race.

Got fuck all to do with Isle of man, and everything to do with hypocrisy ya silly old cunt.

Choppa says he'd race there if there was an air fence, and that Levels is more dangerous. He's a popular lad, people will follow suit..HE'S FULL OF FUCKEN SHIT! He races Levels without anything being done about his concerns, and he'd race Manfeild long without question.

So, anyone actually got something in the way of answers to my question? Was it an MNZ forced thing, or can it be used?
    I believe it was because it is so expensive to hire. it may well be double the normal price and extra marshall's are needed. As well as that for the few people that do watch you cant see shit, and the bikes spread out to much, for viewers it is totally boring.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post
    I believe it was because it is so expensive to hire. it may well be double the normal price and extra marshall's are needed. As well as that for the few people that do watch you cant see shit, and the bikes spread out to much, for viewers it is totally boring.
    That makes total sense, since we get such huge crowds to watch the winter series.

Edit.

Lots of people saw quite clearly when I got my bike into the cow paddock over the back. Pretty sure that it can be seen fairly well from the stands on the pit lane entry side of the dummy grid.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post

agree Steve, it is incrediblly boring to watch a race involving the long track
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    agree Steve, it is incrediblly boring to watch a race involving the long track
    Which is it, dangerous or boring to watch? Spectators at club rounds are mostly friends and family of people who are racing.

There is temporary stands that get set up on the back circuit aren't there?

Sure, the cost would need to go up for the entrants. It's not hard to poll them as to whether they'd be interested and keen to pay.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Errr.... don't get me wrong, but from memory (because I'm fucken old apparantely), spectators can't see the loop extension at Timaru......
    Nor can they see turns 2, 3, 4 at Humpme Down Syndrome.....
    Nor can they see turn 1-2, 3 at Puke.....
    Nor can they see turn 11 at Taupo....

I'm picking there's fuck all to do with lack of viewing........
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I think its too close but would be happy if it had air bags. Its true that other tracks are just as bad though. Timaru is the worst IMO. The worst has happened which I thought might inspire a change but it didnt
    Mr Sloaney-come-lately is baaaaack ..........

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Errr.... don't get me wrong, but from memory (because I'm fucken old apparantely), spectators can't see the loop extension at Timaru......
    Nor can they see turns 2, 3, 4 at Humpme Down Syndrome.....
    Nor can they see turn 1-2, 3 at Puke.....
    Nor can they see turn 11 at Taupo....

I'm picking there's fuck all to do with lack of viewing........
    Ban them too.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki

So, anyone actually got something in the way of answers to my question? Was it an MNZ forced thing, or can it be used?

Some one will be along shortly to tell ya to email MNZ direct for the awnsers man
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    still counting
    Some one will be along shortly to tell ya to email MNZ direct for the awnsers man
    SURELY the Club concerned can provide the answer - I do NOT know, and wont guess - but it is possible that the long circuit wasn't approved by the Track Inspection Committee when the circuit was certified. That's not to say it would NOT be certified, simply that the question wasn't asked at the time

Bike
    a red heap
    That was what I said Choppa, with Air fences it would be fine, but as is if anything was to happen, it would not be pleasent. Apparently since I raced the Isle of Man I am NOT allowed to point out potentuall serious risk spots bahahahahaha
    Since you raced at the iom and smashed your brain in, you shouldnt be comenting on anything.

Leave it for the people that actually race to decide.

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Since you raced at the iom and smashed your brain in, you shouldnt be comenting on anything.

That being the case, it wouldn't come up on here then, eh ?

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I think its too close but would be happy if it had air bags. Its true that other tracks are just as bad though. Timaru is the worst IMO. The worst has happened which I thought might inspire a change but it didnt

Your comment re Timaru surprises me a little, but I have not seen it lately. John Hepburn arranged and paid for the new Soft tyre wall and sand trap that was in place for nats just gone.

And even betterer, there is 64 MTRS of Air fence ( Same type that Wanganui use) bought and paid for on it;s way to Timaru, it should be up in place at the end of the back streight and in the Sssssss by around September, again fully supported by John Hepburn Timaru Metal recyclers and others.

Manfield only need a little and the long track would be very safe also to use.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    suzuki
    No idea on the air fence quantities on site.

I'll marshal every time the long track runs, fuck, I'll even do the MNZ training so I can flag un-assisted.
    therein lies a large part of the problem, needing a heap more people to run the long track...

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post

Like you, most of them are morons though and cannot think for them self
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    1995 Ducati 916 SP
    My two cents worth, racing that back section was awesome and made for an exciting alternative at Manfield. However, my speeds never tested the camber/grip levels to the max so for the top guys it's possible it's not (awesome).
    There always seemed to be an issue in trying to find enough marshalls to use it ... the long track version was cancelled quite a few times because of that.
    Then some people started on about the dangers where it rejoined the short track ...
    And as for the spectator bit ... ffs ... it's the doers on the track who should be deciding, it's beyond stupid to be using the spectators as a reason not to use it.

Answers ... cost, marshalls and perieved danger.

Thread Information