Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manfeild long track, and racing thereon?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Like you, most of them are morons though and cannot think for them self
    Thats not very nice Shaun.

Maybe you could do our thinking for us? Thats if you are not too busy flying float planes in alaska or whatever you are up to this week.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    One part of the issue is the costs to Manfeild Park of maintaining that part of the facility. Spoke to a staff member about it and part of the decision to discontinue use of long circuit is theirs due to these costs, to reduce the amount of maintenance that is done on it and eventually to separate the two circuits.
    It simply was not used often enough to justify full maintenance.
    Motorsport NZ have not licenced it for years (ever??) and the cars is where the revenues really come from.
    I would offer that any input from Motorcycling NZ is probably way down the priority list.
    Using that circuit also introduces significant costs on the hosting club/organisation in terms of rental, marshals, time and yes, airfence now that it has become sort of obligatory.
    I never had any great concerns about the circuit myself as the left onto the old track is a pretty controlled corner, but having the airfence certainly improved the safety issues.

But over all, we must remember that all of our circuits except Hampton, were designed and built when cars and bikes went a lot slower than they do now, and when safety concerns were much lower priority than they are nowadays.
    Tracks like Pukekohe and Levels have almost no run off in many corners and there are concrete walls very close to the track in many of the circuits, expecially down the main straights where accidents do happen and therefore reduce the space for evasive action. But that is not unique to NZ by any stretch. Many of the circuits in the USA and UK are worse.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Thats not very nice Shaun.

Maybe you could do our thinking for us? Thats if you are not too busy flying float planes in alaska or whatever you are up to this week.

haha possibly can, will have to see what all the other me's are doing first though
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Like you, most of them are morons though and cannot think for them self
    Right, we will go back down this track (see what I did there?) Shaun.

You self important, egotist fucktard! What qualifies you of all fucken people, to decide that racers cannot think for themselves? Your decision making ability is very fucken impaired, please please please prompt me to bring up specific examples!

You are NO more qualified, no matter where you have raced in the past...before a head injury that was so close to killing you that you have permanent brain damage.

You get any say in the running of the Vic club, and I'll join a different one and lobby every member to do the same.

COCK!

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Right, we will go back down this track (see what I did there?) Shaun.

You self important, egotist fucktard! What qualifies you of all fucken people, to decide that racers cannot think for themselves? Your decision making ability is very fucken impaired, please please please prompt me to bring up specific examples!

You are NO more qualified, no matter where you have raced in the past...before a head injury that was so close to killing you that you have permanent brain damage.

You get any say in the running of the Vic club, and I'll join a different one and lobby every member to do the same.

COCK!

hahahhahaha, you really can be quite sad and pathetic Drew, but funny at the same time- and since you believe I have a brain injury still from a racing accident, how is your form for slagging some one with one from a racing incident, again quite week and pathetic but what ever smokes your tyres, I suppose you laugh at ihc people as well, apart from when looking in a mirror of course

I will leave the miss spelled language out just for mr proffessor
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    hahahhahaha, you relly can be quite sad and pathetic Drew, but funny at the same time
    What is sad, is that you think you have anything relevant to add to this sport. You were past it before your accident, the only difference now is that you have fucked short term memory, and some emotional stability. Give up, fuck off.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    getting right back on subject now
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    a red heap
    hahahhahaha, you really can be quite sad and pathetic Drew, but funny at the same time- and since you believe I have a brain injury still from a racing accident, how is your form for slagging some one with one from a racing incident, again quite week and pathetic but what ever smokes your tyres, I suppose you laugh at ihc people as well, apart from when looking in a mirror of course

Thats a bit unfair putting yourself in the same boat as the ihc, at least they are smart enough to know they are retarded.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Clearly I have to quote this again, since it's been edited from when I last did so.

If your short term memory loss is not attributed to the crash, I must have misunderstood other comments on the matter where I thought you said it was. As for picking on you because of it, you must be more impaired than even I thought.

The reason I wouldn't pick on anyone for any impairment need not be mentioned, but say it to my face some time and check my fucken reaction to the accusation...once you wake up that is.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    SURELY the Club concerned can provide the answer - I do NOT know, and wont guess - but it is possible that the long circuit wasn't approved by the Track Inspection Committee when the circuit was certified. That's not to say it would NOT be certified, simply that the question wasn't asked at the time
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

The who did what committee?????FFS How many of these non existent committees are there written down,Surely you don't mean,Dumb and Dumber who decided the airfence at barrell 51 at HD was no longer required as nobody had yet hit the tyrewall.

During a recent discussion re Manfeild I was informed that it is not certified for motorcycle competition AT ALL,Be it long circuit,Short circuit,Clockwise or anti clockwise,To the best of my knowledge the ONLY input to Manfeild from MNZ,Was when I recently insisted they install airfencing at the entrance to the front straight,At which stage I was informed they were intending on purchasing their own airfence in the future,That should also answer the question re if there is enough airfencing stored there for the long circuit as well

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

The who did what committee?????FFS How many of these non existent committees are there written down,Surely you don't mean,Dumb and Dumber who decided the airfence at barrell 51 at HD was no longer required as nobody had yet hit the tyrewall.

During a recent discussion re Manfeild I was informed that it is not certified for motorcycle competition AT ALL,Be it long circuit,Short circuit,Clockwise or anti clockwise,To the best of my knowledge the ONLY input to Manfeild from MNZ,Was when I recently insisted they install airfencing at the entrance to the front straight,At which stage I was informed they were intending on purchasing their own airfence in the future,That should also answer the question re if there is enough airfencing stored there for the long circuit as well
    Cheers mate. That is possibly fucken great news.

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

When I was in the crosshair - oops, when I was Commissioner, I was informed by the Board that every Circuit in the Country was to be certified by the group of learned folks. I was not privy to the make-up of the group until I queried some of the decisions and recommendations they'd made - the ONLY one I had any input into was Teretonga, and then it was arguing with members who'd made sub-optimal recommendations based on info given to them by people who didn't know squat.

I believe Mr J Hepburn Esq was involved in the Timaru one, who did Ruapuna I don't know - but I believe all the Pig Island tracks were done by the same group that checked and specified requirements for Hampton Downs ...........

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreama View Post
    And as for the spectator bit ... ffs ... it's the doers on the track who should be deciding, it's beyond stupid to be using the spectators as a reason not to use it.

Answers ... cost, marshalls and perieved danger.
    I thought the doers were trying to lift the profile of the sport so as to get more people to the track. Silly me, fuck spectators and anyone that wants to watch good racing. The last round of the nationals was amazing racing. The long track Tv coverage will even have people yawning on the second lap.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post
    I thought the doers were trying to lift the profile of the sport so as to get more people to the track. Silly me, fuck spectators and anyone that wants to watch good racing. The last round of the nationals was amazing racing. The long track Tv coverage will even have people yawning on the second lap.
    Have all the spectators got broken legs?

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    All it would take is another CTAS cameraman out the back.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Thread Information