Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Manfeild long track, and racing thereon?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    All it would take is another CTAS cameraman out the back.
    Correct, we will be able to see the big gaps easier.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    All it would take is another CTAS cameraman out the back.
    Add the big screen from Wanganui, and the punters get a mean show.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    When I was in the crosshair - oops, when I was Commissioner, I was informed by the Board that every Circuit in the Country was to be certified by the group of learned folks. I was not privy to the make-up of the group until I queried some of the decisions and recommendations they'd made - the ONLY one I had any input into was Teretonga, and then it was arguing with members who'd made sub-optimal recommendations based on info given to them by people who didn't know squat.

I believe Mr J Hepburn Esq was involved in the Timaru one, who did Ruapuna I don't know - but I believe all the Pig Island tracks were done by the same group that checked and specified requirements for Hampton Downs ...........
    Couple of years back, the car club wanted to shift marshal points on 'Puna. The MotorsportNZ track certifier came down and walked round with Hepburn - representing our MNZ - and Pete Walsh representing MCI. I tagged along for shit and giggles - and because i wanted to ask about a couple of track variations. As far as i know that was the last inspection and the marshal points agreed on then are still where they were put. Hep also did the initial approval of methven.
    Incidentally, the car inspector won't fly - he drives to all his inspections.....nice guy and knows what he's talking about re cars - but sadly optimistic on bike stopping distances when sliding down the track.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Not compatible with Ctas apparently,If it was,I would have had that setup at all the NZSBK rounds in 2013.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Couple of years back, the car club wanted to shift marshal points on 'Puna. The MotorsportNZ track certifier came down and walked round with Hepburn - representing our MNZ - and Pete Walsh representing MCI. I tagged along for shit and giggles - and because i wanted to ask about a couple of track variations. As far as i know that was the last inspection and the marshal points agreed on then are still where they were put. Hep also did the initial approval of methven.
    Incidentally, the car inspector won't fly - he drives to all his inspections.....nice guy and knows what he's talking about re cars - but sadly optimistic on bike stopping distances when sliding down the track.
    That would be Dave Slater? If so he passed away some months ago and last I heard,Had not been replaced.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Not compatible with Ctas apparently,If it was,I would have had that setup at all the NZSBK rounds in 2013.
    Keh? Think you've been led up the garden path mate. There will undoubtedly be a way to get it to work.

Only issue I could see, is that Ctas sometimes needs to be refreshed to keep the feed working. Wouldn't be a problem if there was a decent internet server at the track though.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    That would be Dave Slater? If so he passed away some months ago and last I heard,Had not been replaced.
    Bugger - he was prepared to listen....looking at what's been done to Puke, we've lost ground.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Bugger - he was prepared to listen....looking at what's been done to Puke, we've lost ground.
    I don't reckon it's any less dangerous than before mate.

Must go to a track day there some time to confirm though. I fucken love Pukie.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Keh? Think you've been led up the garden path mate. There will undoubtedly be a way to get it to work.

Only issue I could see, is that Ctas sometimes needs to be refreshed to keep the feed working. Wouldn't be a problem if there was a decent internet server at the track though.
    Yea,

I'm not that puter savvy,I spoke to Flea about it soon after taking over as commissioner and that was his reply,Didn't make sense too me either.....But then not much else IT related does either haha

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    I don't reckon it's any less dangerous than before mate.

Must go to a track day there some time to confirm though. I fucken love Pukie.
    come up on the 12th of july, me & aaron both going and maybe a couple more.
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Yip,

He was bloody good at the job to,I was waiting for him to contact me re an inspection of Puke with the intention of possibly getting bikes back there when I got the news.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post
    Correct, we will be able to see the big gaps easier.
    Like the last round of SBK ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Dave View Post
    come up on the 12th of july, me & aaron both going and maybe a couple more.
    I wanna do it on a solo bro. Our chair would be a fucken hand full over the hill and downright lethal through '1', no sense putting ourselves through it if we are never gonna race there.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Errr.... don't get me wrong, but from memory (because I'm fucken old apparantely), spectators can't see the loop extension at Timaru......
    They can if they're down at the loop dickhead, makes it a bit hard to see the other end of the track though
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Like you, most of them are morons though and cannot think for them self
    Most of them can think for themselves but have that choice removed by morons like yourself who are so full of shit they believe otherwise
    I wanna do it on a solo bro. Our chair would be a fucken hand full over the hill and downright lethal through '1', no sense putting ourselves through it if we are never gonna race there.
    I think it's a shithole and from the hairpin up over the hill was the only fun bit of track on the outfit, especially when you lean into it a bit much to dial out the oversteer and end up opposite lock over the top of it, Dave might have even shit his pants over that one
    They ran one at Ruapuna one year on the main straight opposite the spectator stand, probably the track that it's least needed at, might have been a car/bike meet
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    They can if they're down at the loop dickhead, makes it a bit hard to see the other end of the track though
    Yeah.... that sorta reinforces my statement Kick...... that you can't see the whole circuit from one possie...... were you being stupid or just trolling????

Or are you going to reply with "You can see the whole track if you're in a helicopter" shit........
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Thread Information