Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manfeild long track, and racing thereon?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Manfeild long track, and racing thereon?

I race sidecars, so this wouldn't really affect me greatly...unless of course a club ran the long track for nationals. Anyway, I want to know if there's a possibility of the full circuit becoming used again.

The reason (as I understand it) is that there is too great a risk when rejoining the back straight of the original track, of plowing into the barrier separating the hairpin from said straight.

I think that is absolute fucken bulshit, and that it presents no more risk to riders than several other areas on any track you wanna name.

Is it an MNZ forced thing, or is it just the clubs that listened to brain damage induced twadle?

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Oh no what have I stirred up. LOL

Is there enough air fence stored at the track to do both spots ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Oh no what have I stirred up. LOL

Is there enough air fence stored at the track to do both spots ?
    No idea on the air fence quantities on site.

I'll marshal every time the long track runs, fuck, I'll even do the MNZ training so I can flag un-assisted.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I race sidecars, so this wouldn't really affect me greatly...unless of course a club ran the long track for nationals. Anyway, I want to know if there's a possibility of the full circuit becoming used again.

The reason (as I understand it) is that there is too great a risk when rejoining the back straight of the original track, of plowing into the barrier separating the hairpin from said straight.

I think that is absolute fucken bulshit, and that it presents no more risk to riders than several other areas on any track you wanna name.

Is it an MNZ forced thing, or is it just the clubs that listened to brain damage induced twadle?
    Hey there's a guy wanting to see about attending committee meetings and helping out, put him onto getting it sorted out
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Hey there's a guy wanting to see about attending committee meetings and helping out, put him onto getting it sorted out
    Hahahahahaha, he's probably forgotten that he played quite the role in getting the long track scratched from use in the first place.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....

Raced on it in '93. Was mint!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Raced on it in '93. Was mint!
    Fuck you're old.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Fuck you're old.
    Not really, I was only 7................

But I did win the Jock Taylor Trophy for it!!!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I really liked the long circuit, especially that luuuuverly long left hander, felt like you could make passing someone around the outside take 10 seconds

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    They have funding to close off the back section.

Then they can run two events on the same day.

Maybe we will see buckets back in PN..

Bike
    BMW
    I think its too close but would be happy if it had air bags. Its true that other tracks are just as bad though. Timaru is the worst IMO. The worst has happened which I thought might inspire a change but it didnt

Bike
    BMW
    Id say it would be around 140k corner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manfeild.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	297834  

Bike
    N/a
    long track is awesome!

i think the other safety concerns were that, its entirely flat with no camber so if it rains its quite unsafe.

it also requires additional marshals too.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I think its too close but would be happy if it had air bags. Its true that other tracks are just as bad though. Timaru is the worst IMO. The worst has happened which I thought might inspire a change but it didnt

That was what I said Choppa, with Air fences it would be fine, but as is if anything was to happen, it would not be pleasent. Apparently since I raced the Isle of Man I am NOT allowed to point out potentuall serious risk spots bahahahahaha
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    That was what I said Choppa, with Air fences it would be fine, but as is if anything was to happen, it would not be pleasent. Apparently since I raced the Isle of Man I am NOT allowed to point out potentuall serious risk spots bahahahahaha
    And apparently, because fuck all people have raced there we aren't capable of deciding where and when we will race.

Got fuck all to do with Isle of man, and everything to do with hypocrisy ya silly old cunt.

Choppa says he'd race there if there was an air fence, and that Levels is more dangerous. He's a popular lad, people will follow suit..HE'S FULL OF FUCKEN SHIT! He races Levels without anything being done about his concerns, and he'd race Manfeild long without question.

So, anyone actually got something in the way of answers to my question? Was it an MNZ forced thing, or can it be used?

Thread Information