Page 101 of 338 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5060

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Went to the gym on Tuesday for the first time in 13 years.
    I remembered how to work out so well my arms have been destroyed all week and im still hurting. It feels like my skins going to burst also. My muscles arnt as good as my memory I think.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Well I am getting my whole house renovated as a result of said pipe bursting, so its kinda bitter sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    We get that sort of shit down here - but in an older house like ours with piss-poor insulation the pipes don't get cold enough to freeze.
    Frikkin' good eh!
    My daughter's place had the same problem. Un-lagged copper pipe in the roof froze. Apparently it'd happened a couple of years ago for the previous owner. Same pipe. Same insurance company. so I was well puzzled when they didn't want to pay the "extra" to insulate the pipe. Fine, I said. I think next year we'll go with a different paint scheme. Maybe get rid of that nasty wallpaper as well. They coughed up.

What gets me is if it's that common why isn't insulation of copper lines in ceiling cavities "best practice"?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    What gets me is if it's that common why isn't insulation of copper lines in ceiling cavities "best practice"?
    Dunno.

But uninsulation (poor insulation?) of the ceiling tends to keep the pipes from freezing.

Just as I mentioned re our older house (1930's I think)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    My daughter's place had the same problem. Un-lagged copper pipe in the roof froze. Apparently it'd happened a couple of years ago for the previous owner. Same pipe. Same insurance company. so I was well puzzled when they didn't want to pay the "extra" to insulate the pipe. Fine, I said. I think next year we'll go with a different paint scheme. Maybe get rid of that nasty wallpaper as well. They coughed up.

Cause this isn't Canada?

In all seriousness though it is a massive hassle, squeezing two people and a dog into a small 2 room motel as well as all your clothes (we have too many) and all your valuables. Properly shit. I can't just pop out into the garage to work on my bike as my fucking garage is across town. That and I don't think I will be able to get some track time in till this is all sorted. Fuck, better pour another.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Cause this isn't Canada?
    Then why is the pipes all froze?

Now that you mention Canadia, I once had a 1970 Buick Skylark drophead coupe originally from there. Had a 110v heater element in the block, with the lead wrapped up beside the radiator. Them what couldn't afford to heat their garage could either plug the car in overnight or risk cracking the block when if froze.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Then why is the pipes all froze?

Now that you mention Canadia, I one had a 1970 Buick Skylark drophead coupe originally from there. Had a 110v heater element in the block, with the lead wrapped up beside the radiator. Them what couldn't afford to heat their garage could either plug the car in overnight or risk cracking the block when if froze.
    Yup, been there once in winter, think the highest it reached in a month was -10. That would crack a block! Fuck-ing-cold! Brings me back to my insulation comment though, them Canadian houses is built proper, -25 outside and in shorts n tee inside. Brilliant. If you live in Montreal most the city is linked by the underground rail and tunnels, even the malls are underground. You can live pretty much underground.

Bike
    CB1300
    The trick is to fuck off for a month n turn off your hot water cylinder to save power. Then all you need is a massive freeze like we had (apparently, i was in 30deg heat ) a few weeks back and BOOM, frozen pipe causing the ceiling to collapse and putting the whole 120sqm house under a few cms of water.

Fuck it, time for another vodka.

And you out of town, nay the country. How convenient.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    Exercycle
    The trick is to fuck off for a month n turn off your hot water cylinder to save power. Then all you need is a massive freeze like we had (apparently, i was in 30deg heat ) a few weeks back and BOOM, frozen pipe causing the ceiling to collapse and putting the whole 120sqm house under a few cms of water.

Fuck it, time for another vodka.

Few years back, had to move a houseload of furniture from a house in Springfield - West Coast road - which had the exact same scenario.
    They had some very nice French polished furniture - all of it got redone under insurance. Unlagged copper pipe again too.
    In our neighbourhood - almost as high as Springfield - we get pipe freezes a few times each winter, Alkathene pipes are remarkably resilient...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    My rant. Shaun "I'm a cheating little cunt" Harris, you are a fucktard. I would dearly love to kick you in the nuts, and shit on your face while you're writhing in pain. You commenting on the fairness of everything, actually fits the definition of irony, yet it's obviously lost on you since you continue to spout off and expect folk to listen.

One day you have the balls to follow through with your constant shit about going to a race track. Hopefully you will be completely shunned, and take the hint.

Fuck off cunt. No one likes you. Head injury be fucked, you've always been the same.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    There there Drew, have a Milo and settle...........................

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    hey fuck Ya's... go here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130893445 tonight for a rant, wind the cock sucking brown huggers up
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...yeah, fuck ya's...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    hey fuck Ya's...
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...yeah, fuck ya's...

Fuck you two ginga cunts as well
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Fuck you two ginga cunts as well
    in ya dreams buddy...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Capsicums, $3.99 each at New World. What the fuck is the world coming to.
    That's my rant for the month.
    Now, back to enjoying a rant free life.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Thread Information