Page 217 of 338 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5060

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    I'm fucking sick of fixing broken things.

In the last couple of weeks a radiator in a pulsar, a radiator in a mercedes, fucked tyre due to leaking forks due to incorrectly assembled front hub on a mountainbike, gears not working on another mountainbike, blown radiator hose on the same pulsar due to overheating because the electric fans aren't working which I also now need to fix, fucked back wheel that needs replacing on a mountainbike. None of these things are mine.

I'd much rather be working on my projects (while ignoring the list of house things that need doing), now that I've finished rewiring the caravan so it doesn't trip the RCD at the caravan park because some fucker changed the rules, if I can find more than 10 minutes without something else eating my time.

Actually, fuck it, I'll give up and drink beer instead.

Harden up - ever tried replacing the intake gaskets on a 390 - with the engine still in the car?

(Dangerous and I decided over a beer or two to boycott this thread last night)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

Well, that was a fail wasn't it. Might have seen him today looking at a car for sale on the side of the road....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well, that was a fail wasn't it. Might have seen him today looking at a car for sale on the side of the road....
    NA... never left home today, and back from chez scumdogs yesterday via skippers canyon and old man range...

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Harden up - ever tried replacing the intake gaskets on a 390 - with the engine still in the car?

yeah that 390 intake is a right royl factory fuck up, having to remove rockers and rods just to get the manifold of... farking yanks...
    yes we did aye... whisky was a better idea...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1458.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	818.4 KB 
ID:	328147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1466.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	590.3 KB 
ID:	328148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1515.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	839.1 KB 
ID:	328149

only rant... is fucking work tomorow
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    It was on the good
    So. Rider training. Do they teach people how to park?

Rolled in to Macca's this morning with the offspring and seven spaces were taken up by seven bikes. Clearly a lesson was in progress given the type of bikes and the number of L plates but the way people were parked were like it was done on purpose just to piss other people off. It's not like they were random spaces split by cars that were already parked, there were three bikes parked in three adjacent spaces.

I don't know. I try not to piss car drivers off too much but this seemed like a big fat middle finger to everyone.

Is it Friday yet?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post

Rolled in to Macca's this morning with the offspring and seven spaces were taken up by seven bikes. Clearly a lesson was in progress given the type of bikes and the number of L plates but the way people were parked were like it was done on purpose just to piss other people off. It's not like they were random spaces split by cars that were already parked, there were three bikes parked in three adjacent spaces.

I don't know. I try not to piss car drivers off too much but this seemed like a big fat middle finger to everyone.

Is it Friday yet?
    another MAG protest? how many latés were observed?

Bike
    Honda

Is it Friday yet?

Some would argue that when you park two bikes in a car space, people (non bike riding type people) will still try and squeeze through, making contact with your bike. I wouldn't be the only motorcyclist that has returned to my bike to find a mirror facing the other one. One bike per car park is fine is such an area as you have described, most can get through without making contact with someones possession, even while carrying a family pack.
    '' i'd let you touch me.''

Sorry fulla but I am spoken for.

Bike
    A Japper

Is it Friday yet?

Biker slackers annoy other Maccas snackers

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

Is it Friday yet?
    as a group we had 15 bikes parked over five spaces at a busy gas station while we had a break and ate a pie or two, we still got abused by a dickhead in a fancy car that couldn't find a park.

another time stopped at a gas station in dunners again having a break and a pie or two and one of the guys left his bike a the pump, the place was not busy and had three lines of pumps and an older gent got abusive because he couldn't get to that particular pump. was absolutely no reason not to use one of the other ones . there is no law saying more than one bike per park.
    Last edited by russd7; 23rd March 2017 at 16:52. Reason: shocking spelling

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    We were told at work there was no need for more motorbike parking, the shed that takes 4 bikes at a squeeze is enough.

Suffice it to say it's now one bike per car park, and the motorcyclists get to work early so get the parks close to the building, it's amazing how much bitching there is about having to walk another 50m from car to door........
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    there is no law saying more than one bike per park.
    It's just a courtesy thing in my mind. The cars could conceivably have had one person in them, well, not at McDonalds but you get my drift, so one person per parking space is fine. They were all learners so I cut them some slack, those GN125's are bastards to park I am sure, so I refrained from carrying out the old Snowman move when I left. Nobody was going to walk through the spaces and knock mirrors - it did actually look like some kind of protest, which it clearly wasn't. Just new riders being extra cautious.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    as a group we had 15 bikes parked over five spaces at a busy gas station while we had a break and at a pie or two, we still got abused by a dickhead in a fancy car that couldn't find a park.

another time stopped at a gas station in dunners again having a break and a pie or two and one of the guys left his bike a the pump, the place was not busy and had three lines of pumps and an older gent got abusive because he couldn't get to that particular pump. was absolutely no reason not to sue one of the other ones . there is no law saying more than one bike per park.
    Got abused for parking in a drainage vehicle park. I was in my work vehicle working on the underground sewer pump station but that irrelevant.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Got abused for parking in a drainage vehicle park. I was in my work vehicle working on the underground sewer pump station but that irrelevant.
    ahhhh some people just gotta bitch about shit ah. damned if ya do and damned if ya don't

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Just tell them "ARGO!"
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Just tell them "ARGO!"
    meh, i jus put em in the um category.

don't forget oreti park racing starts at 2pm this sat, gonna have to cool the beers earlier

Bike
    Exercycle
    Bloody Mainfreight....Engine on a stand, wrapped. drove the 80 odd km in to mainfreight to send it North as I've done many times before - and I'm told
    "we don't accept anything not on a pallet now - and we no longer supply pallets or strapping"

If the customer didn't have a mainfreight a/c I'd have told them where they could put their freight company. But i'll make the trek back with it all on a pallet just to get shot of it.

But that's it, I won't be back.

Thread Information