Page 180 of 338 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 5060

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Boozing is not illegal, so, that thing is not like this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    we are talking about P right?
    I asume you are taking the piss cos ya a good fuck (well kickaha told me) so I doubt you use P if you do then you are a sad sack a shit...you must have such a shit life, cos family alone should give you a better high, riding ya bike should give you a beter high, fucking life should if you need that crap ya just a looser and always will be.

Now it is fact sooner or later it will fuck your head, you will have mood swings you will become an angry cunt... yes you will come your missers LOL (aint they all) there is NO good to co,e out of that shit.
    Stick to talking about things you know a little bit about and save us all the drivel.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Fuck off, I'd never say that about Drew

Can't ride? ah dodgy Italian electrics and wet weather so your pile of rubbish wont work or just too fucking soft
    wasent refering to 'saying' but 'doing' rangoonian

fucking soft... alright

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    They're hitting the bowl long and hard enough to leave residue on and in the bloody walls.

I was initially trying to suggest that what is being called uninhabitable, might in fact be fine and need a bit of a scrub is all.
    agree... yes I think it is all well blowen out of proportion, its not the fact there is small amounts of residue but todays fucking health n safty laws... HNZ wont wipe these houses down get new tenints in cos they could end up in court.

Look. Drugs aren't the problem. In fact, if they were controlled instead of outlawed it would be simpler and better for everyone.
    no people that use them are... and I dont agree with controled being simpler

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...and a bird with one hand is just a ten bricks short of the bush...
    ohhh... you been sipping that lake water again?

Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Stick to talking about things you know a little bit about and save us all the drivel.
    refering to my post you quoted... inlighten me, why would you fuck your brain up and get so shit faced if you ran such a perfect life? why?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Exercycle
    I got another rant about the cunting salesman who's installs we do. This friggin tard gets us to go all the way to Levin for a heatpump, that a high wall literally can't go in. Fucken wanker doesn't know what he's doing, but he carries on acting like an expert stitching folk up.

Having to tell every customer not to leave a heat pump running all the time because it's not cheaper than heating the room from scratch, makes everyone look bad. He looks ignorant, and I look bad for undermining him.

Is a little bit of professionalism too much to expect?
    Sometimes, yes...

I've worked for an electrical contractor once in my varied career and it comes down to communication. Something often missing...

You seem quite literate so do two pieces of paper.
    One with the limitations on pump installs - including when in your opinion it's an uneconomic job...
    One with what the saleman should tell the prospective customer..Including what he definitely should NOT tell the customer.

Give them to the boss - Choppa is it ? - with your reasons for doing it. If he likes it, win for all as you are all then literally on the same page.

At one point in my time with the contractor i had to get the owner and two of his staff into the smoko room and just about literally knock heads together, principally because the boss was a poor communicator. I think he only kept me on because i was the only one who'd argue with him - and he liked a good argument.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Hey Drew, you're not alone in the dickhead salesman...err person stakes. We got one installed 3 years ago and the installer/electrician had to put a MUCH larger unit in to accommodate our room sizes. Dickhead salesman fucked up with his quote and they had to wear the cost of the bigger unit. His boss came around trying to get us to shell out more and I told him he could always un-install it and piss off with it all....his choice. Not sure how long the said tosser lasted in the job after that.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post

inlighten me, why would you fuck your brain up and get so shit faced if you ran such a perfect life? why?
    Dude, if you think the odd dabble with mind altering substances fucks your brain up, you've been taken for a ride. And do you drink alcohol? Ever been pissed? If so, how's your brain?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Dude, if you think the odd dabble with mind altering substances fucks your brain up, you've been taken for a ride. And do you drink alcohol? Ever been pissed? If so, how's your brain?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Having to tell every customer not to leave a heat pump running all the time because it's not cheaper than heating the room from scratch, makes everyone look bad. He looks ignorant, and I look bad for undermining him.

We had a new heatpump installed in our last place (we dont use the one in the current house), the guy who installed it told us just that. Set a temperature and let it run, rather than turn the thing on and heat from scratch. He said it was more efficient and how he explained it made sense. Maintaining something should take less energy than a large transition.
    He was wrong? Can you tell me why? Very curious.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I think the issue is more that we cannot be sure that it won't. It is impossible to take into account all the variables between individuals and their physiology that might influence the short and long term effects of recreational drugs like P, acid, coke, marryjoanna, whatever. Same can be said for medical prescription drugs though!
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    We had a new heatpump installed in our last place (we dont use the one in the current house), the guy who installed it told us just that. Set a temperature and let it run, rather than turn the thing on and heat from scratch. He said it was more efficient and how he explained it made sense. Maintaining something should take less energy than a large transition.
    He was wrong? Can you tell me why? Very curious.
    He was not wrong regarding efficiency....provided we're talking about refrigerant. Economy however is different.

10°c is the magic number where it is more cost effective to maintain that heat than to heat up from below. We don't live in Northern Japan, it is very uncommon for a home to drip below 10° on the inside. For those that do, heat pumps now have a 10° heat function. Push that button when ya go to bed and it keeps the room above it.

Refrigerant takes energy to compress, kept it under pressure and it works faster. But it is the same urban myth as flouro bulbs being cheaper to leave on the to restart. The time frame in that scenario is 7 seconds by the way. For a heat pump you're probably closer to half an hour 45 minutes.

Bike
    Various things
    I think the issue is more that we cannot be sure that it won't. It is impossible to take into account all the variables between individuals and their physiology that might influence the short and long term effects of recreational drugs like P, acid, coke, marryjoanna, whatever. Same can be said for medical prescription drugs though!
    There's the thing. I know some people that are shitheads when they drink only a couple of beers. Others are fine no matter how much they drink. Prob with drugs that are illegal, is they're not regulated, so anything could be in 'em. Just another reason to decriminalize all drugs, so they then become a health issue rather than a criminal one. Waste of police time and money convicting people that simply want to give themselves a high of their choice. And the argument that something must be wrong in your life to want to get high? How lame is that? Do we get high riding our bikes at speed? Too fucking right we do!!! Do some of us die doing it? Get seriously hurt? Brain damaged? Fuck yeah. But do we still want to be allowed to do it regardless? Of course we do. Drugs if you find them fun? Fuck yeah. We can choose to end a life without getting locked up. But want to let of some steam and have a fun time? Oh nooooooo...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    . It is impossible to take into account all the variables between individuals and their physiology that might influence the short and long term effects of oxygen
    ......we see the results of some peoples aversion to this everyday...a competent doctor would prescribe a quick acting poison, but no, we just have to live with them...

Bike
    Exercycle
    He was not wrong regarding efficiency....provided we're talking about refrigerant. Economy however is different.

10°c is the magic number where it is more cost effective to maintain that heat than to heat up from below. We don't live in Northern Japan, it is very uncommon for a home to drip below 10° on the inside. For those that do, heat pumps now have a 10° heat function. Push that button when ya go to bed and it keeps the room above it.

Refrigerant takes energy to compress, kept it under pressure and it works faster. But it is the same urban myth as flouro bulbs being cheaper to leave on the to restart. The time frame in that scenario is 7 seconds by the way. For a heat pump you're probably closer to half an hour 45 minutes.
    Still depends where you are in NZ as to the pump's efficiency as i hear it. When the mob I worked for got into heat pumps the situation was that south of about Kaikoura, efficiencies were marginal. Due to low outside temps...
    I'm told the succeeding generations of heat pumps are better and can handle the lower SI - but dahn here it's still a tossup on cost wood vs a heatpump.
    Local to me - canty high veldt - wood is still the best option.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ......we see the results of some peoples aversion to this everyday...a competent doctor would prescribe a quick acting poison, but no, we just have to live with them...
    I may change my signature to "still burning oxygen..."

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Still depends where you are in NZ as to the pump's efficiency as i hear it. When the mob I worked for got into heat pumps the situation was that south of about Kaikoura, efficiencies were marginal. Due to low outside temps...
    I'm told the succeeding generations of heat pumps are better and can handle the lower SI - but dahn here it's still a tossup on cost wood vs a heatpump.
    Local to me - canty high veldt - wood is still the best option.
    There's warmth enough to be stolen from a -4° atmosphere, for a correctly sized unit to keep its alinside area around 20° before it freezes up beyond operation.

Mitsubishi cheat to make theirs work to -8 or something. They have an electric heater hidden in the outdoor. Because an energy rating is ranked in a certain temperature range (well above -8), they still have a competitive rating...which they then sell down south without explaining to customers.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    im not refering to a dabble but those that take shit regular... mate I go to church and dont drink... so yes booze can do the same, any way I was born ginger so my brain hurts any fucking way

correct... cannabis can and will bring on schizophrenia to those that are likely to have it, thats fact even tho users dont believe it, same goes for the rest, there is no good from using fullstop and yes that can go for some medications

There's the thing. I know some people that are shitheads when they drink only a couple of beers. Others are fine no matter how much they drink...
    ohhh shit yes, proabition has been done in the past, for good reasons LOL, I dont have an issue with cannabis being legal either...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information