Page 290 of 338 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5060

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    when? I had to struggle through a recession in the mid to late eighties
    I’m sure it was a struggle, but show me links that prove that the eighties recession was more severe than “The Great Recession” (2008) & current pandemic recession.

I was born in 64 so that made me 44 in 2008
    You’re on the cusp so your age is not reflective of the median age of Boomers.

Also my point is that Boomers were well experienced in the economy when these hit.
    Likely accumulated a great deal of wealth and security - whether some boomers were still working or retired in 2008.

Whereas we were starting out, taking first home mortgages, emerging into the workforce. Therefore we we were vulnerable and un-equipped to handle our first and one of the worst crises.
    Remember that on the older spectrum of millennials - some would have been in their late 20’s.

but that is not the same as a recession
    It is, refer the links I sent in prior posts.
    To say that a global pandemic lockdown (including shutdown of the majority of our economy) has no link to a financial downturn is extremely ignorant and vacuous.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    To say that a global pandemic lockdown (including shutdown of the majority of our economy) has no link to a financial downturn is extremely ignorant and vacuous.
    I did not say they weren't linked. I said they were not the same thing. But as you are now getting abusive because someone doesn't agree with you I can't be fucked discussing further.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I remember the IRA bombing campaigns, 70's oil crisis (could only drive every second day), the miners strike, (that was shit!), school and hospital closures on a national scale, riot police on the city streets, having no money and no chance to climb the class ladder. Greenham common, Europe when it was East and West, mad cow disease (still can't give blood), British Leyland , Scottish and Welsh nationalism and the fire bombings, Windscale leaks and oil slicks.... Heaps more but can't be arsed, sun is shining.

None of it anything to do with me! I just went to work.

The link below is a chart of UK unemployment figures and inflation 70's > 90's.
    Forming an opinion based on "facts" from the internet is no substitute for the perspective gained by living a long time.

https://i0.wp.com/bilbo.economicoutl...1990.jpg?w=566

Gen X, bit miffed by some modern yoof.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    nightrod
    I did not say they weren't linked. I said they were not the same thing. But as you are now getting abusive because someone doesn't agree with you I can't be fucked discussing further.
    You have your opinion and I have mine.

Bye.
    Last edited by Dean; 30th August 2020 at 19:19. Reason: No more snow flaking - dangerous is mentoring me

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    ... can someone please explain to Dean... that here at KB we do NOT apologize... LMFAO, on ya man
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    ... can someone please explain to Dean... that here at KB we do NOT apologize... LMFAO, on ya man
    ...sorry D...that wouldn't be right...we are from a different era...we had it all handed to us and we are sussed now...we are just a redundant pariah...life has been so easy for us boomer fucks...

...one day when their lack of, well... everything... stops them developing past being poor me and I need support cunts...they may realise that this is a big life given to us and other people don't have to make their life all cool and rosy...

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I remember the IRA bombing campaigns, 70's oil crisis (could only drive every second day), the miners strike, (that was shit!), school and hospital closures on a national scale, riot police on the city streets, having no money and no chance to climb the class ladder.
    The youth of today eh? Hope my kids just deal with the hand they are given and get on with life like I had to without whinging about a whole generation.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    ya all close... fucking close...

cantabrians... bitching and moaning about our prime minister whom I think has made some fucking good decisions I may not all agrre with them all and I may think she should have done more but all up shes fucking GOOD.
    Fuckwiths calling her a "crazy bitch" control freak" ... you bunch a rotten muppets do You want a USA or Victoria??? serious really fucking really???

Re the comments I have seen over NZ level 2 and Dorklands level 3... and not being able to travel willy fucking nilly...

Sounds like half of you guys would like to live in our grandparents days... They were allowed out of town, actually they were allowed, to go over seas... Some had their heads blown off some came back with no arms... Some saw there mates guts ripped out right in front of them...
    ... So... Maybe just maybe we aren't so badly off, a bit less selfishness perhaps people...
    I concur completely fellow blood nut.

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...sorry D...that wouldn't be right...we are from a different era...we had it all handed to us and we are sussed now...we are just a redundant pariah...life has been so easy for us boomer fucks...
    Well then, my work here is done.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Well then, my work here is done.
    You self entitled millennial's give up soo easiiy it's hilarious.

Bike
    nightrod
    ... can someone please explain to Dean... that here at KB we’re a bunch of silly old farts that suck each others Cheerios at classic bike meets
    No one needs to tell me that mate I already know.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Don't mates fuck each other and you two do live in the same area.

Careful now chaps folk will start talking.....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Yeah well FYI... You tast like shit, and can't suck to save yaself...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    nightrod
    Here’s another rant for a Tuesday night:

Thanks for building all of the poorly constructed, non weathertight, asbestos lined, un-insulated homes between the 70’s-90’s.

Us millennials are left with remedying this by building QUALITY & SUSTAINABLE housing for future generations.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Here’s another rant for a Tuesday night:

Thanks for building all of the poorly constructed, non weathertight, asbestos lined, un-insulated homes between the 70’s-90’s.

Us millennials are left with remedying this by building QUALITY & SUSTAINABLE housing for future generations.
    Oh you poor dear. Is that because it involves work?

You should stay on Fartbook, Tweeter or whatever.

All you seem to do is bitch and moan here.

BTW your time line is off by a few decades.

Thread Information