Page 273 of 338 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5059

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...not so much a rant, more of a dilemma...should I have gone and swung off a F1 sidecar tomorrow at Ruapuna and really exacerbated the damage it caused me last month or go and play at Ellesmere speedway for a more gentle day in the dirt on my little flat tracker...one is going to fuck with a cracked rib and the other is going to fuck with a hip that's giving me shit...it's great to be alive and having options...
    Might be a rhetorical question anyway....If it's like today at Ellesmere, it could be a washout. And I doubt if they've got wets for the sidecar.....
    Raining out here right now.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    let the rib heal, the hip you can get fixed later but your swinging days might be over if you have a hip op.
    there is so much they don’t tell you till after yourve be cut up and butchered then sewed back up. Then there’s the drugs and effects.

...cheers for the concern...I've been trying to be sensible for years now but it doesn't seem to work...gotta die of something ...the rib was close to a month ago so it's only a couple of weeks until it's new again and is past being anything other than an inconvenience...the hip is constant...life is getting shorter...I'm taking to the dirt as a much easier option...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    ...cheers for the concern...I've been trying to be sensible for years now but it doesn't seem to work...gotta die of something ...the rib was close to a month ago so it's only a couple of weeks until it's new again and is past being anything other than an inconvenience...the hip is constant...life is getting shorter...I'm taking to the dirt as a much easier option...
    Live longer ride more
    Its sunny and quite warm up here.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    BSA A10
    ...the rib was close to a month ago so it's only a couple of weeks until it's new again.
    More like a couple of months, ribs take fucking ages
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    More like a couple of months, ribs take fucking ages
    The voice of painful experience.....

FWIW, I went to Ruapuna this morning via Ellesmere. The track prep guys were grooming it for a Quad meeting Sunday and knew nothing about a bike practise...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The voice of painful experience.....

FWIW, I went to Ruapuna this morning via Ellesmere. The track prep guys were grooming it for a Quad meeting Sunday and knew nothing about a bike practise...
    ...as I found out, before I threw 40 bucks worth of fuel at the trip, thank fuck...so much for second hand facebook news...went out to Ruapuna about mid afternoon and watched...no added pain whatsoever...

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Nothing to rant about at the moment but looked at the new Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor while down at the Burt Munro, quite impressed, quality looked good, fuel injection, ABS, six speed gearbox.

But LAMS approved? - must be bloody gutless eh?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...a view of that contorted child's face, Greta, the new saint of badly made up science and wank fuck manipulation of fucked up non thinkers, hove to and I made the mistake of looking...to purge the angst I went out and burned some oily rags and cut down a perfectly healthy tree...it didn't quite salve the burning rage, but some strong beer did...

Bike
    Sold
    ...a view of that contorted child's face, Greta, the new saint of badly made up science and wank fuck manipulation of fucked up non thinkers, hove to and I made the mistake of looking...to purge the angst I went out and burned some oily rags and cut down a perfectly healthy tree...it didn't quite salve the burning rage, but some strong beer did...
    That is some serious shit right there. Funny but factual. Nice rant!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Nothing to rant about at the moment but looked at the new Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor while down at the Burt Munro, quite impressed, quality looked good, fuel injection, ABS, six speed gearbox.

Ticks most of my boxes. Certainly fine for riding around these parts. About the same as my '76 CB550 and '98 Suzuki XF650, which loaded up can sit on 120kmph comfortably all day long if needed. There's already a big bore kits on the market for them as well. Ohlins also support them. https://motorbikewriter.com/bore-kits-royal-enfield/

Not everyone needs a 650 plus pound beheamouth or 200hp with tyres that cost $400 or more each to get their motorcycle kicks.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

Indeed, will quickly run out of puff once you leave the city limits. The Moto Guzzi 750 and the Trumph 900 twins make similar 'modest' horsepower. Triumph have apparently realised their mistake, but the dealers will still have the gutless ones in stock.

Considering what the Guzzi or the Triumphs cost makes the RE look like a bargain.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Indeed, will quickly run out of puff once you leave the city limits. The Moto Guzzi 750 and the Trumph 900 twins make similar 'modest' horsepower. Triumph have apparently realised their mistake, but the dealers will still have the gutless ones in stock.

Considering what the Guzzi or the Triumphs cost makes the RE look like a bargain.
    Absolute bull shit. Dibbling out your arse as usual. I've just done 380kms on the 550 no worries at all. https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131154357

Bike
    BSA A10
    Indeed, will quickly run out of puff once you leave the city limits.
    The kind of people who will buy these bikes don't care about "puff"
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    If you have too many puffs you had better get your bike in for servicing asap. And do something about that P habit.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..

Luckily we don't have any city limits to run out of puff on leaving.

In fact we don't even have a city...

But I know what you mean...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information