Page 243 of 338 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5060

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Tell me about it. I've been without the full use of my right arm/hand for the last 2 1/2 fucking years.
    It's a curse having restricted ROM in a limb I had to wear that damn thing in the pic for 18mths just to enhance the fun times (hangs on the wall in the workshop now as a reminder).
    That's going to be one hell of a meaty scar young fella I had 47 staples, 15 external & 20 odd internal stitches on my arm was opened up from the wrist through to 100mm above the elbow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0245 (2).JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	335794  

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    It's a curse having restricted ROM in a limb I had to wear that damn thing in the pic for 18mths just to enhance the fun times (hangs on the wall in the workshop now as a reminder).
    That's going to be one hell of a meaty scar young fella I had 47 staples, 15 external & 20 odd internal stitches on my arm was opened up from the wrist through to 100mm above the elbow
    That's a funky bit of kit mate! Def worth keeping. The scar has healed up really well though. Tiny compared to your 47 fucking staples! Now THAT's a scar!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you cunts are why ACC levies are so high.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    You race motorcycles for 30 odd years, you end up with a few scars. I can highly recommend Ascot Hospital in Auckland for repair work. 5 diff choices for dinner with 3 diff choices for desert, and to top it all off, a drinks trolley with beer and wine. Thanks for your contribution Akzle!

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    You race motorcycles for 30 odd years, you end up with a few scars. I can highly recommend Ascot Hospital in Auckland for repair work. 5 diff choices for dinner with 3 diff choices for desert, and to top it all off, a drinks trolley with beer and wine. Thanks for your contribution Akzle!
    Surprised if the drinks trolley is free.

Antibiotics and alcohol cancel out antibiotics effectiveness. As far as I know.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    That's a funky bit of kit mate! Def worth keeping. The scar has healed up really well though. Tiny compared to your 47 fucking staples! Now THAT's a scar!
    Used to get some weird looks when I had to wear it Had a bit of time when it was on 24/7 that was a fuckin nightmare...trying to sleep with that sodding thing elevated beside me prone on my back fuckin impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Well mine was a result of actually abiding by the rules which was a very rare thing back then but I sit back now and watch the holier than thous spout their tripe about accident avoidance and what is ones choice to what they wear on a bike and laugh because they know absolutely jack shit about reality and time catches up with everyone and it's just a matter of when.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Surprised if the drinks trolley is free.

Antibiotics and alcohol cancel out antibiotics effectiveness. As far as I know.
    You pay for the drinks. Only 2 1/2 % Hienies, but still a beer! No sign of infection, so all good.

Bike
    Various things
    Used to get some weird looks when I had to wear it Had a bit of time when it was on 24/7 that was a fuckin nightmare...trying to sleep with that sodding thing elevated beside me prone on my back fuckin impossible

Aye. The sling I had to wear for a month 24/7 was a cunt of a thing to sleep in too. Had a four inch thick bit of foam between my belly and the arm to keep it in the right spot as they removed some bone from my shoulder. Stinking hot at night, and flat on ya back sucks balls.

Bike
    husaberg
    Circa mid 90's PB sticker is a nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Aye. The sling I had to wear for a month 24/7 was a cunt of a thing to sleep in too. Had a four inch thick bit of foam between my belly and the arm to keep it in the right spot as they removed some bone from my shoulder. Stinking hot at night, and flat on ya back sucks balls.
    I'm sure some of the magic the surgeons do is just trial & error and the thought of comfort doesn't cross their minds till you moan about it. Bone grafts are the bastards of the medical world, I had two done with bone taken from my pelvis that's fuckin painful!

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Circa mid 90's PB sticker is a nice touch.
    had a couple of their more colourful ones on it but got chewed up. Best reactions when wearing that was when I had an old brass monkey t-shirt on.....the old 80s era "I survived the Otago Motorcycle Club's Brass Monkey Rally" got a few good looks then

Bike
    Various things
    . Bone grafts are the bastards of the medical world, I had two done with bone taken from my pelvis that's fuckin painful!

:
    I know right! Especially when you knock it on a door frame or something... fucking quite sore for a couple of months.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BONE.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	335816

Bike
    Exercycle
    For future reference, sleep in a chair. Guy in the trade in ChCh had a shoulder op and couldn't get comfortable so I told him just that.
    Next thing, his wife is accusing me of trying to break up their marriage as he really liked the chair - and she missed him in bed, LOL.
    He's now ex trade - and as the shoulder has healed and he's gone back to bed, I'm forgiven...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    For future reference, sleep in a chair. Guy in the trade in ChCh had a shoulder op and couldn't get comfortable so I told him just that.
    Next thing, his wife is accusing me of trying to break up their marriage as he really liked the chair - and she missed him in bed, LOL.
    He's now ex trade - and as the shoulder has healed and he's gone back to bed, I'm forgiven...
    Yeah tried that a few times, but was better this time round comfort wise flat on my back. May have had something to do with what they did to the shoulder. Removed some bone this time round.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Choke one off soon fella or you'll get the white pill of release...and it ain't given orally
    hey boy... home now hey... guess whats in the envelope...

Name:	DSCF1749[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	707.1 KB 
ID:	335823
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    hey boy... home now hey... guess whats in the envelope...
    ill, ummm... give you a clue... times counting down fuck it, wish me luck...

Name:	DSCF1750[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	745.3 KB 
ID:	335824
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information