Page 253 of 338 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5060

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    Quiet plodder

Lights on - Headlights on vehicles

Went for a wee drive in the country last night in da car, just to see the difference between car and bike.

the bike is like holding a kerosene lamp during a storm, it’s there but not really illuminating.

BUT

the number of cars with 1 or NO headlights on was just about 40% of the cars on the road. Like WTF, it was a dark knight.

even modern cars seem to have ‘park’ lights on.

there was a couple of close calls as the opposite number obviously couldn’t see.

do we need a kick up the arse, come on check your lights

even one possum took on my car, and lost, dam thought he was a pedestrian on a crossing

BTW I am a fan of good lighting at night

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Went for a wee drive in the country last night in da car, just to see the difference between car and bike.

the bike is like holding a kerosene lamp during a storm, it’s there but not really illuminating.

BUT

the number of cars with 1 or NO headlights on was just about 40% of the cars on the road. Like WTF, it was a dark knight.

there was a couple of close calls as the opposite number obviously couldn’t see.

even one possum took on my car, and lost, dam thought he was a pedestrian on a crossing

In my area the only thing thicker than the fog is the pricks driving without their headlights on or on "park".

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post

BUT

There's apparently been quite a bit of talk about this on the other social media.....General opinion seems to be it's a byproduct of the longer warrant periods.
    My opinion is that it's simply too easy to get away with it without penalty. Do police patrols even take place at night on the open road ?
    Out here your 40% one headlight is actually low.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Auto headlights should be banned.
    Too many people rely on them but the sensors don't pick up fog or other visibility hazards. Apparently in some parts of the world the auto windscreen wipers activate the headlights too.
    Fucksake. What's next? Self drive cars...?
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Vodafone - What a bunch of useless so-ans-sos

Until earlier this year we had home broadband and phone landline with Vodafone. During our time with them we moved from North Shore to Blenheim - My wife contacted them at the time to tell them of the new address and so on and the service continued at our current address with no issues. They even contacted my wife on the same e-mail address as before and the service continued as before.

Then late last year the service simply stopped one Saturday morning - No warning, no freak weather, nothing.

After contacting Vodafone they tell us that we've changed details and that we now need to go through the whole setting-up process once more... This despite them having provided us this service for the previous 12+ months with no issues.

This we duly do - This was a long and patience-testing process on its own.

I then decide that I've had enough of this and hunt around for another supplier. We settled on Spark (Mainly as they have an outlet in Blenheim which seemed to be friendly and approachable). We then go about setting up with them and all goes to plan (This time with no landline as we have 2 mobiles instead).

When I contact Vodafone (Whom we've been with since Oct 15) to tell them to send me a settlement bill and the reason for doing so they tell me that I owe them a $199 early severance cost... They reckon that the recent change of address adds up to a new contract and that we are therefore severing it early. I refused and after a lot of being put on hold (I'm sure this is done on purpose to wear you down) they agree to waive the charge and send me a final bill.

Ironically this actually means that they owed me a small amount (Some $8 if memory serves). End of story you might think... No.

They then send me a statement saying that they need me to contact them and charge me some $5 for the administrative so that I am owed $3 instead.

Seriously you couldn't make this up.

I phoned them at the end of Jun, provided them with my account details (Again...) and asked them to pay the amount into my account.

Guess what - Still nothing.

How do these people stay in business?

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Too many people rely on them but the sensors don't pick up fog or other visibility hazards. Apparently in some parts of the world the auto windscreen wipers activate the headlights too.
    the auto headlights come on on my hilux if i go through a Ethiopians shadow

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    There's apparently been quite a bit of talk about this on the other social media.....General opinion seems to be it's a byproduct of the longer warrant periods.
    My opinion is that it's simply too easy to get away with it without penalty. Do police patrols even take place at night on the open road ?
    Out here your 40% one headlight is actually low.
    A pertinent rant.
    I commute at dawn and dusk, usually in mist at this time of year. A lot of drivers do not have their headlights on, bloody scary.

Bizarrely, at dawn it's usually white and silver cars looming out of the murk, often too fast, perfectly camouflaged.

In the evenings it's dark coloured cars without lights.... go figure.

Oh, I doff my cap in the general direction of the bike commuters I see daily, 4c, dark, misty and super slick roads with only a tea light on the front of the bike.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    yip... with out relising it I got used to the work trucks backing cencor went by sound OPPS backed into a building destroying a tail light etc... hate all this shit that lets us turn our brains off,,, its not safer at all.

re head lights on... down here its the oppsite fuckers drive at night with all 4 lights on, thats the day time driving lights aswellas head lights... it fucks meoff I find it blinding on my fucked old eyes
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    A pertinent rant.
    I commute at dawn and dusk, usually in mist at this time of year. A lot of drivers do not have their headlights on, bloody scary.

Bizarrely, at dawn it's usually white and silver cars looming out of the murk, often too fast, perfectly camouflaged.

Oh, I doff my cap in the general direction of the bike commuters I see daily, 4c, dark, misty and super slick roads with only a tea light on the front of the bike.

Worse is the idiot with no lights on who is behind a vehicle with extra bright headlights.

And you wait for Mr Brightlights to go past-then start your right turn to head down a side street

And at the last minute you spot Mr Nolights barrelling down on you....
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Agree on the auto head lights. If cunts are too thick to turn on their head lights then cunts shouldn't be driving. Anything that takes your mind off the conditions is very very bad. Mindless drivers make mindless decisions.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Agree on the auto head lights. If cunts are too thick to turn on their head lights then cunts shouldn't be driving. Anything that takes your mind off the conditions is very very bad. Mindless drivers make mindless decisions.

So is this a generalisation or is it a blanket "all people who drive a car with auto headlights are cunts" statement?
    My current vehicle has auto headlights and I will happily admit that I am not the worlds most perfect driver, but branding me just because of auto headlights seems a bit harsh!
    I live in Northland and believe me, there are plenty of people up here that are a fuck sight worse drivers than me and some that could do with headlights eventhat worked for starters! Cant see how auto headlights could make them any worse!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    So is this a generalisation or is it a blanket "all people who drive a car with auto headlights are cunts" statement?
    My current vehicle has auto headlights and I will happily admit that I am not the worlds most perfect driver, but branding me just because of auto headlights seems a bit harsh!
    I live in Northland and believe me, there are plenty of people up here that are a fuck sight worse drivers than me and some that could do with headlights eventhat worked for starters! Cant see how auto headlights could make them any worse!
    Never take me too seriously.

That said though, imo, auto headlights are a bad thing as mentioned above. They take the onus of safety away from the driver. If someone can't think "it's foggy best turn my lights on" rather than nothing at all as they are too stupid to reach for a switch should they really be driving? I guess I prefer to be in control of whether a truck doesn't see me and pulls out, so even with auto headlights I choose to turn them on or off when I deem it right.
    Good driving is a mindset is the point I am trying to get across and requires thought to be done right. Attentive drivers don't make as many mistakes. If every driver focused 100% on driving all the time we would have a much lower road toll.

Bike
    2010 GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    A pertinent rant.

I know right, it seems 33% of the population drive around with their fog lights on all the time. Arseholes
    33% drive at dusk or dark with no lights. Arseholes
    33% drive grey cars on grey roads during grey days with no lights. Arseholes

If they can't get these basics right, what the fuck else are they doing wrong

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Until earlier this year we had home broadband and phone landline with Vodafone. During our time with them we moved from North Shore to Blenheim - My wife contacted them at the time to tell them of the new address and so on and the service continued at our current address with no issues. They even contacted my wife on the same e-mail address as before and the service continued as before.

Then late last year the service simply stopped one Saturday morning - No warning, no freak weather, nothing.

After contacting Vodafone they tell us that we've changed details and that we now need to go through the whole setting-up process once more... This despite them having provided us this service for the previous 12+ months with no issues.

This we duly do - This was a long and patience-testing process on its own.

I then decide that I've had enough of this and hunt around for another supplier. We settled on Spark (Mainly as they have an outlet in Blenheim which seemed to be friendly and approachable). We then go about setting up with them and all goes to plan (This time with no landline as we have 2 mobiles instead).

When I contact Vodafone (Whom we've been with since Oct 15) to tell them to send me a settlement bill and the reason for doing so they tell me that I owe them a $199 early severance cost... They reckon that the recent change of address adds up to a new contract and that we are therefore severing it early. I refused and after a lot of being put on hold (I'm sure this is done on purpose to wear you down) they agree to waive the charge and send me a final bill.

Ironically this actually means that they owed me a small amount (Some $8 if memory serves). End of story you might think... No.

They then send me a statement saying that they need me to contact them and charge me some $5 for the administrative so that I am owed $3 instead.

Seriously you couldn't make this up.

I phoned them at the end of Jun, provided them with my account details (Again...) and asked them to pay the amount into my account.

Guess what - Still nothing.

How do these people stay in business?
    yup, totally agree, they will never get my business again, we were with vodafone with mobile broadband, then shifted to an area that didn't recieve it but we could get fast broadband, ya would think it would be easy to transfer but no, they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to severe the previous contract of which we were under the impression we had already passed the contract term, then they didn't send the new modem out on time so we had to postpone the installation, add to that the ridiculous amount of time spent on hold with me finally ringing orcon and having the new connection up and running within three days. i did get grumpy and after finally getting to talk to a real person and then getting a supervisor on the line i told them exactly what i thought of their company in a very impolite manner.
    the icing on the cake was when 12 months later i get an invoice in the mail saying i had a $250.00 credit and they were charging me a $5.00 per month administration fee, so i gets on the phone and got through to an oversees contact centre where some lady with a strong asian accent asks me for my bank account details to deposit the refund in to, i said just send it out in the form of a cheque as i don't offer my bank details to oversees contact centres, total assholes wasted way to much of my time

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by imac View Post
    I know right, it seems 33% of the population drive around with their fog lights on all the time. Arseholes
    33% drive at dusk or dark with no lights. Arseholes
    33% drive grey cars on grey roads during grey days with no lights. Arseholes
    Then the others getting about calling themselves 1% ers are arseholes too......
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information