Page 307 of 338 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5059

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    STILL not approved to ride (only just been given green light to drive), Im sure it's been at least six months since surgery... - well it SEEMS like it!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I've been riding since steam was invented and I would not go near a sprot bike over 750cc, even on track. Especially on track to be fair.
    Each to their own, obviously, but I have been riding since they split the atom and since I gave up skydiving I cannot find anything that gives me the same rush as redlining through as many gears as I dare on a quiet bit of a road on a proper sports bike. Surely that is what bikes are for, not trundling around town with a target on your back or pretending you are a cowboy?

Anyway, rant - https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/123...oad-death-toll

1. Great to see the Police acknowledge the reasons our road toll is our road toll - Driving too fast for the conditions or at unsafe speeds, driving while tired, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving distracted such as using a cellphone, or not wearing seatbelts. I agree with that 100 percent, and no mention of compliance with arbitrary speed limits. Be nice if it it flowed in to some enforcement to actually target the road toll but alas I can't see it.

2. Clive Matthew-Wilson. Discuss.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    STILL not approved to ride (only just been given green light to drive), Im sure it's been at least six months since surgery... - well it SEEMS like it!
    Were they putting your brain back in after leaving the police ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    ANY bike is better than NO bike
    Yes. Indeed. Truth.

Bike
    nightrod
    Thanks for the support guys

The way I see it - I’ve been riding for years, I know the roads, I know how to ride.
    I’ve basically seen it all.

So I can’t really be fucked sitting my full with all these newbies & wannabes.
    Nor could I put up with a boomer instructor trying to tell me, a millennial, what to do.

That’s my prerogative.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post

The way I see it - I’ve been riding for years, I know the roads, I know how to ride.

Nor could I put up with a boomer instructor trying to tell me, a millennial, what to do.

That’s my prerogative.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Really
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    GSXR1000
    lol troll magnified

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

That’s my prerogative.

Unfortunately the judge will not see it that way. He is very unlikely to agree that it's your prerogitive.
    Nothing you've posted creates the impression of a vastly experienced rider. Quite the opposite.

Nothing new though, we've seen it all before.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    1. Great to see the Police acknowledge the reasons our road toll is our road toll - Driving too fast for the conditions or at unsafe speeds, driving while tired, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving distracted such as using a cellphone, or not wearing seatbelts. I agree with that 100 percent, and no mention of compliance with arbitrary speed limits. Be nice if it it flowed in to some enforcement to actually target the road toll but alas I can't see it.
    A speed limit has been placed on every road or street ... in every part of New Zealand. It is in NZ legislation.

But ...it is in no way ALWAYS safe to travel at that speed. Either due to weather (rain/wind/fog/frost etc) ... darkness ... traffic volume ... unsuitable vehicles for that speed ... tailgating ... and (too often) just lack of realistic driving experience and skills at those/any speeds. Add in the possible booze/drugs scenario ... and the likelihood of problems on the road increases. I probably missed out a few other things ... but you are probably aware of these one's anyway. If you're not ... you might be part of the problem.

Drivers poor decision making even at whatever those (legal) speeds are ... often leaves a lot to be desired (Understatement .. ??). I have no doubt that YOU might have crossed paths with a few doing the above (on those same roads I have [I live in Caversham]) and (at the time) they may have even caused you a little "Unhappiness". If you haven't ... I might understand your comment.

The only effective/realistic (and legal) method of reducing the effects of the above ... is enforcing the speed limit. Thus an attempt to reduce the damage ... not remove it as such.

Unless you can suggest (and get implemented) an alternative (not to mention EFFECTIVE) course of control for the above "Problems" ... the current control measures will be taken. I personally can't see any change of such happening anytime soon.

Can YOU .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The only effective/realistic (and legal) method of reducing the effects of the above ... is enforcing the speed limit. Thus an attempt to reduce the damage ... not remove it as such.

Unless you can suggest (and get implemented) an alternative (not to mention EFFECTIVE) course of control for the above "Problems" ... the current control measures will be taken. I personally can't see any change of such happening anytime soon.

Can YOU .. ???
    Agree, well said.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

That’s my prerogative.

Afraid you'll fail it .. ???

That would be embarrassing ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Afraid you'll fail it .. ???

That would be embarrassing ...
    More Pop Corn, this is getting interesting!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    It was on the good
    And how's that working? It isn't. It does nothing for all the items in my post that actually contribute to fatal crashes. We could all drive 20km/h slower everywhere and people would still die. It's the reality that for some reason people are just unwilling to accept.

To use some proper wank speak, it is time rethink the narrative.

Anyway, great day in Milton regardless of the headlines. Bought my lad his first bike while there, now got to come up with a trailie for myself. Anyone got an old XR600 hiding away in shed they don't want?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    And how's that working? It isn't. It does nothing for all the items in my post that actually contribute to fatal crashes. We could all drive 20km/h slower everywhere and people would still die. It's the reality that for some reason people are just unwilling to accept.

To use some proper wank speak, it is time rethink the narrative.

Anyway, great day in Milton regardless of the headlines. Bought my lad his first bike while there, now got to come up with a trailie for myself. Anyone got an old XR600 hiding away in shed they don't want?
    Exactly.
    As I've pointed out once on KB before, speed is a measurement of distance over time. For you to be in that exact spot to be hit head on etc you'd need to have been doing whatever speed whether high or low to be in that exact place. Call it fate or whatever but I'm resigned to the fact that one day someone may cut a corner in front of me and I'll be toast.
    It is what it is and hopefully my reactions are fast enough

Enjoy ya ride

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information