Page 315 of 338 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5059

Thread: Friday Night Rants?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    ... buying a bike back that you last owned over 20yrs ago for twice the price... being told its still mint and a great runner... to find it wont even start, brakes are siezed paints flaked and alloy has oxidised...

So its up in running now after $$$ ( fuck I love that wishhhhh pewwwww... sound) the brakes are reconed but still hassling me, paints been tidied and alloy polished... but now I am troubled and need to look at selling my dream bike... ahhh fucking well, its Friday and thats my rant...
    Condolences, I'm sorry your plan didn't work out as you'd have liked.

Looking on the bright side, you could put it on TradeMe then we can all talk about you in the Optimistic Sellers thread.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Looking on the bright side, you could put it on TradeMe then we can all talk about you in the Optimistic Sellers thread.
    for shits n giggles Id love to just for the fun of it... what ya reckon 20K for a 500 turbo?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Exercycle
    for shits n giggles Id love to just for the fun of it... what ya reckon 20K for a 500 turbo?
    I'd need to ride it to offer an opinion......I'm just up the bloody road and you've never shown it to me.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ... buying a bike back that you last owned over 20yrs ago for twice the price... being told its still mint and a great runner... to find it wont even start, brakes are siezed paints flaked and alloy has oxidised...

So its up in running now after $$$ ( fuck I love that wishhhhh pewwwww... sound) the brakes are reconed but still hassling me, paints been tidied and alloy polished... but now I am troubled and need to look at selling my dream bike... ahhh fucking well, its Friday and thats my rant...
    ...welcome to the real world of, normal shit, D...

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'd need to ride it to offer an opinion......I'm just up the bloody road and you've never shown it to me.
    I'll be having another crack at the brakes this weekend... If I sort it I'll come over...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    I'll be having another crack at the brakes this weekend... If I sort it I'll come over...
    Well, ya fixed them yet??
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Well, ya fixed them yet??
    Well, so... the bike has had little use over the last 10yrs, iv got it running good now but the front brakes are pissing me off... they lock on but one caliper wont release, here's what I have done so far
    CX500TC
    new caliper kits
    new master kit
    eased and greased all pivots and mechanics related to the caliper
    new fluid...
    BUT still with front wheel of the ground it spins pull the brakes on and it stops spinning, do this several times and the wheel binds up more and more... to the point where I have to crack the bleed nipple to release the pressure... WHATS with this its got me buggered???
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...no rants forthcoming...what a waste of bandwidth...useless pussy kahnts...get angry or get even...ffs...old people...I don't know?...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well, so... the bike has had little use over the last 10yrs, iv got it running good now but the front brakes are pissing me off... they lock on but one caliper wont release, here's what I have done so far
    CX500TC
    new caliper kits
    new master kit
    new fluid...
    BUT still with front wheel of the ground it spins pull the brakes on and it stops spinning, do this several times and the wheel binds up more and more... to the point where I have to crack the bleed nipple to release the pressure... WHATS with this its got me buggered???
    M/c wrongly assembled first choice. Disintegrating hose lining second.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Take lever off. Does it still do it? Ropey levers leave no clearance so mc return is blocked.

Or pop out mc piston and physical poke something through the (small) return hole.

EDIT. Bloody Dirt!@##!!. Gets everywhere! Someone should sodding well clean up the planet and get rid of all the Dirt. Useless slackers!

Does that help the thread tone?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

EDIT. Bloody Dirt!@##!!. Gets everywhere! Someone should sodding well clean up the planet and get rid of all the Dirt. Useless slackers!

Does that help the thread tone?
    Much better

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    CX500TC
    new caliper kits
    new master kit
    new fluid...
    I've heard of this situation caused by a flap of rubber inside the brake hose acting like a one-way-valve - let fluid go to the caliper but not return. A long shot.

My guess is that there's not enough clearance between lever and master cylinder pushrod - or the return spring inside the master cylinder isn't moving the piston back far enough to uncover the return port. Or something like that.

But you've probably fixed it by now, fuckin' time waster!!!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Exercycle
    I'm told there's been a ride-by. I didn't see or hear it though so it's unconfirmed. Possibly imaginary.

I'm going to do a medical rant though.
    Why, fucking why do painkillers wear off around midnight ?
    Every bloody night for the last fortnight I've had to get up and load up on more of the bastard drugs to get some sleep.

I saw a moan from a Stuff staff writer last week about how hard it is to get Codein. Obviously written after a root canal job and under stress.
    But he's at least partially right. What is available - even on prescription - isn't that good.
    We deserve better.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'm going to do a medical rant though.
    Why, fucking why do painkillers wear off around midnight ?
    Every bloody night for the last fortnight I've had to get up and load up on more of the bastard drugs to get some sleep.

I saw a moan from a Stuff staff writer last week about how hard it is to get Codeine. Obviously written after a root canal job and under stress.
    But he's at least partially right. What is available - even on prescription - isn't that good.
    We deserve better.
    Morning,
    Agreed. Found that the best way is to stay up watching the Olympics (or reading a book) until late, and then take some tablets just before going to bed.

You used to be able to get tablets with up to 15mg codeine, but not since last November:

https://www.aftpharm.com/news/new-ze...-for-november/

Seem to be prescribing more in the way of NSAID's these days.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Appropriate sleeping pills might help beside your bed . Not usually a good long term plan but sometimes that isn't a large consideration.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information