2007 KTM 990 Adventure
    Awesome pics, thanks for sharing

Mike

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by young1 View Post
    Awesome pics, thanks for sharing

Mike
    Thanks Mike. I'm honored that you took time out of your international travels to read my ramblings I've just been catching up on your RR, looks like your having a good time

Anyway.... where was I ?
    Hinds ! There didn't seem to be any life at the pub so I woke up, packed up and hit the road A foggy/drizzly ride to Ashvegas for gas and a coffee. I discovered how slippery train track are in Ashburton when you hit them at a slight angle Then onto Chch and a stop at the Suzuki shop to pick up a gel pad for the seat. One of the salesmen there remembered me from the last time we met. Something about a Tenere hemorrhaging oil in their carpark on a trip to the D.B.
    After that it was just a slog to get home.... via the usual route, Lewis Maruia which was as slippery as a wet railway crossing to start and then Dry weather road.

So that's it....
    I still have un finished business down south so I'll go back to do that at some stage, when I get hungry
    Or maybe North in October

Oh yeah..... Breakfast in Culverden

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post

Oh yeah..... Breakfast in Culverden
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Cheers for the write up. Despite all the closed roads you still got to wander a fair area by the looks

I ended up at the pub in....... Hinds
    I hope you did the Robertson Manufacturing factory tour haha. That place still there with all the classic trucks and cars (think it was mainly Morris Minors?) too?

Bike
    GL1800
    Good write up there Dude! Good to see you "out there and doing it"
    And the supreme scenery!

Regards from dry and dusty Texas

Shafty
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Hey James,

You can get from Twizel down the track (north side of the river) and then up onto the north side of the Pukaki river, you can do this by crossing this sketchy as bugger bridge (2 lanes metal railings about 2 feet wide each no hand rails).
    Or if you can push through a couple of crossings you can get all the way to the Tekapo river and go direct up to tekapo or over to Haldon Arms at the head of lake Benmore but that requires a half decent crossing, this photo shows that the crossing (pukaki north side to tekapo south side) was like when I was there in April, the water was flowing just fast enough to make the slight angle of the concrete crossing slipper enough to make it pretty tricky to cross (without getting we at least).

This all depends on what the rivers are doing, if either the tekapo or pukaki gates are open you are likely to run into big angry water. Myself and Clint had a great ride up the east side of the Tekapo river when it was wide open flowing, it was more like a river than a track for most of it. Youtube video of some it from 2:15 onwards.

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Great pics there James!

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Cheers for the write up. Despite all the closed roads you still got to wander a fair area by the looks

I hope you did the Robertson Manufacturing factory tour haha. That place still there with all the classic trucks and cars (think it was mainly Morris Minors?) too?
    It was good for the soul
    I didn't get to tour the Robertson Manufacturing factory, Is it worthwhile ? I'd like to visit the steampunk museum in Oamaru at some stage.
    the Morries were there.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty View Post
    Good write up there Dude! Good to see you "out there and doing it"
    And the supreme scenery!

Regards from dry and dusty Texas

Shafty
    Cheers. Are things really bigger in Texas ?? And when do you get back ?

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Hey James,

You can get from Twizel down the track (north side of the river) and then up onto the north side of the Pukaki river, you can do this by crossing this sketchy as bugger bridge (2 lanes metal railings about 2 feet wide each no hand rails).
    Or if you can push through a couple of crossings you can get all the way to the Tekapo river and go direct up to tekapo or over to Haldon Arms at the head of lake Benmore but that requires a half decent crossing, this photo shows that the crossing (pukaki north side to tekapo south side) was like when I was there in April, the water was flowing just fast enough to make the slight angle of the concrete crossing slipper enough to make it pretty tricky to cross (without getting we at least).

This all depends on what the rivers are doing, if either the tekapo or pukaki gates are open you are likely to run into big angry water. Myself and Clint had a great ride up the east side of the Tekapo river when it was wide open flowing, it was more like a river than a track for most of it. Youtube video of some it from 2:15 onwards.
    Cool vid
    I'll check out that road next time I'm down there. I'd seen the one from Haldon arm to Pukaki, looks like a better option if I'm going west instead of south.
    Plans are afoot to ditch the bag on the back and get the c.o.g. a bit lowerer so it's not such a handfull in rougher stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    Great pics there James!
    Thanks...
    Nice work on the site too I've had a bit of a snuffle around there and it looks good. From the bits I have done I'd say you've got the grading about right.

and because I can....
    Ahhhhhh memories

And another couple just because....
    90 mile beach,

East Cape

Bike
    F800GS
    I love it when box's turn up in the mail. No riding for this post, but I was mildly excited so thought I'd share

it had one of these in it

Aaaaand.... Some days I really enjoy my job

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    I love it when box's turn up in the mail.

it had one of these in it
    Seems like a very large box for one key ring, but then, I am no packaging expert

Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Aaaaand.... Some days I really enjoy my job
    Whats the thumb on??
    It dont look like no 20 tonner.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    Seems like a very large box for one key ring, but then, I am no packaging expert

Bubble wrap my friend....lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of bubble wrap

Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Whats the thumb on??
    It dont look like no 20 tonner.
    Hell no... no way I'd be let loose on something like that Just a little 5 tonner, still got to get up some rows without ripping out the trees.
    And on the plus side, I've gotta burn them tomorrow, I've already loaded some old m/cycle tyres into the ute to start the fire

Bike
    2009, Ktm 990 Adventure S
    thanks for sharing really nice pics and comments

I need go back there some time

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Alright, I'll bite

WTF is in the box
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    '91 R100GS Supertanker
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Alright, I'll bite

WTF is in the box
    Obviously some Touratech stuff that he didn't really need...
    IT'S JUST BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED..
    My GS build thread is here
    My ride photos are here

Thread Information