Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jatz's travels

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
    Obviously some Touratech stuff that he didn't really need...
    Oh but I did

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Alright, I'll bite

WTF is in the box
    Just some of these....

In stainless I wanted steel so I could birdshit them back together when I broke them, but it was about 3 months wait and I'm not that patient.
    Finish is bloody good and it only took about 30mins to chuck them on. Quite disappointing, I may remove them tomorrow and do it again, just so I feel I got my moneys worth.

Now......
    Hard ?

http://touratech.co.nz/shop/panniers...se-31-ltr.html

Or soft ?

http://www.andystrapz.com/products-d...yId=22&Level=1

Bike
    '91 R100GS Supertanker
    Order some Mosko Moto Panniers . Absolutely look the dogs bollocks. I've got some on order.
    I'm moving away from Zega hard bags because I'm concerned 1. I'll beat them up, & 2. I'll end up breaking my leg some time.
    You'd be able to birdshit weld those racks up if you got some stainless rods...
    IT'S JUST BETTER WHEN THERE'S TWINS INVOLVED..
    My GS build thread is here
    My ride photos are here

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
    Order some Mosko Moto Panniers . Absolutely look the dogs bollocks. I've got some on order.
    I'm moving away from Zega hard bags because I'm concerned 1. I'll beat them up, & 2. I'll end up breaking my leg some time.
    You'd be able to birdshit weld those racks up if you got some stainless rods...
    They look pretty good, I've bookmarked the page.
    Gotta pay for some more education/training first then I'll look at getting something. Before the Cape to Cape thingy

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Less chit-chat, more food pics...

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Anyone else find that kb pages take forevever to load with a pic heavy thread? Is it because the pages are so long? What determines the page length? Would be good to have a page break option.
    I vote for tassled cruiser bags- all the cool kids are using them. Seen my hose belt?
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Anyone else find that kb pages take forevever to load with a pic heavy thread? Is it because the pages are so long? What determines the page length? Would be good to have a page break option.
    I vote for tassled cruiser bags- all the cool kids are using them. Seen my hose belt?
    Quit moaning, it could be worse, you could be on dial up And NO !! no tassles (o.k. maybe 1 or2 )

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Not food... but it did go in the oven

I'm not happy with the finish, may have to re-do it

I'll do another trip thingy later in the week

Bike
    2011 TTR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Quit moaning, it could be worse, you could be on dial up And NO !! no tassles (o.k. maybe 1 or2 )

Not food... but it did go in the oven

I'm not happy with the finish, may have to re-do it

I'll do another trip thingy later in the week
    Hey James , I reckon you would show good wisdom by going soft . Experience .

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    O.k. But only because I cant be bothered doing the dishes just yet

And I'm a leeetle bit bored

Bike
    '15 VStrom 650, 1983 BMW R80G/S
    Make your own - stylish as a Sherman tank and you won't be crying into your beer the 1st time you misjudge the width and smack into one of those protection barriers at the petrol pump. Just sayin.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mc 017.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	578.5 KB 
ID:	299271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC020159.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	846.4 KB 
ID:	299272  
    To anyone that ever told you you’re no good… They’re no better.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by NiggleC View Post
    Make your own - stylish as a Sherman tank and you won't be crying into your beer the 1st time you misjudge the width and smack into one of those protection barriers at the petrol pump. Just sayin.....
    They do look "Robust" but I don't have a workshop/shed And I'll give any protection barriers a wide berth

Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    It was good for the soul
    I didn't get to tour the Robertson Manufacturing factory, Is it worthwhile ? I'd like to visit the steampunk museum in Oamaru at some stage.
    the Morries were there.

Cheers. Are things really bigger in Texas ?? And when do you get back ?

Cool vid
    I'll check out that road next time I'm down there. I'd seen the one from Haldon arm to Pukaki, looks like a better option if I'm going west instead of south.
    Plans are afoot to ditch the bag on the back and get the c.o.g. a bit lowerer so it's not such a handfull in rougher stuff.

Thanks...
    Nice work on the site too I've had a bit of a snuffle around there and it looks good. From the bits I have done I'd say you've got the grading about right.

and because I can....
    Ahhhhhh memories

+ 1, Nice work on the thread, you didn't think I was going to miss this did you, a real bike

Bike
    F800GS
    A bit of Dejavu.... but I should finish it. If I can remember what I did and where I went

The Independence tour 2013
    Hmmmm.... where to start

Well.... after a bit of an "interesting" 2012 and with the harvest fast approaching I decided a bit of a road trip was in order. Where to go ? and what to see ?
    Family in Auckland was the decision and while I'm in the North I may as well have a look at this East Cape thing I'd heard about.

Firstly, pack a bit of gear

I did take more, but that was the esentials

After diddling about for to long working and getting sorted I headed for Picton, missing the 2:00 ferry by 15 mins No worries, I'll just chill out in Picton and wait for the 6:30. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, I ran into Pomgolian and chatted for a while over a beer and .chris showed up too. Before long the ferry arrived
    Bye south island

I'd tee'd up to stay with a couple of random strangers in Wellington while waiting for the ferry. I had the address and the instructions to follow my nose and I'd get there. My nose must've been broken as I had to stop and check the phone/gps a couple of times, but I got there eventually.
    Cheers Bald Eagle and Ratti, your hospitality was excellent

Day 1: After getting a pretty vague clue for where the N.Z. Tag may be I set off the next morning. After another missed turn off ( a recurring theme as it turns out )and deciding the ferry terminal wasn't where I wanted to be I made my way out to Makara (?) wind farm. Very nice ride out there
    Some of the road

Got the Tag

Then... time to head North, sticking with the theme started earlier in the day I thought about placing the tag up here, to keep the wind farm theme going, Some of the worst gravel I've had the displeasure to ride on to get there though. Just above Palmerston North

A local

Then I just wobbled my way to Tiniroto for the night. The pub was full of dirty feral bikers though BUt it's o.k. They were friendly and after introductions they offered me a tent and mattress. Good on ya's, Nic, She Wolf, and a heap more who's names I can't rember just now. After a couple of and a feed, I teed up some better accommodation at a fine establishment just up the road (cheap too )
    Here it is, Tiniroto Community Hall

Woohoo..undercover parking.

Bike
    F800GS
    Day 2....
    Seeing as how I had no fixed agenda how could I refuse an offer to explore some back roads with some other like minded people
    This is what you see when sitting at the pub enjoying some amber liquid

And here is some of the rides for the day, obviously some are more suited for adventure than others

Some others had gone off exploring already, Keeeen as this bunch
    Anyhooo we left the roadies behind and started the day with Parikanapa rd, a luverly little back road just up the road from Tiniroto

And just to show that I was there

Then we took in some more back roads through Pehiri and Tahunga and through a little place called RERE !!, there was a water fall there

Friendly bunch

Ending up at Matawai for refreshments and to join up with the roadies. After lunch.... (mmmmmm lunch ) those of us on appropriate steeds headed off to have a look at the Motu rd
    Some stayed on the seal wonder why ?

We had a look at the Motu falls, guided by a new fullah on a DRZ400, sorry, but I'm struggling a bit with names, so from here on we'll refer to him as Hey You !
    There was a bridge

That's He Wolf with the camo pants, for want of a better term, OI Cant you read the sign ? You shouldn't be there !
    Anyway.... back to the Motu, this is a little bit of it.

After a bit more riding we reached the turn off to the Otipi rd. Decision made to go and have a look at it, woohoo this was going to be the highlight of the trip and I was fair fizzing, couldn't wait to get into it (you get the picture ? )
    Anyway.... I haven't lost my touch, and before getting very far Hey You's ! little Suzi decided it didn't want to go anymore A note to all.... when ever I am around some piece of machinery will break down, you have been warned
    Seeing as how it was my fault I towed the broken thing back to a farm house

pic courtesy of Shewolf

After givving my new friend a ride out to Opotiki where there was a small debrief and alternative transport was sorted for the bikeless comrade we went our seperate ways, the others to god knows where and me to a handy pub with secure parking.
    I had a wee look around Opotiki

Yes Nordie, the bike was there, I didn't take the bus

And White island

Bike
    F800GS
    The next day was just a leisurely ride up to Auckland to see family.

With a brief stop in Katikat to see little bro and family. I didn't stay long as the bickie tins were empty If you read this M. I expect you to lift your game a little

I spent the next day in Aucktown doing domestic/family stuff and keeping a low profile, although I did get out for a ride

The old stomping ground from when I was a nipper, before it became fashionable

Not very "adveturous" but....

Bike
    F800GS
    Time to get out of dodge I thought

Motorways... not nice but the quickest way to leave Auckland

I'd heard about a pub at a place called Puhoi that was s'posed to be pretty good, so I made my way to Puhoi Yes !! there is a pub there and some other stuff but I didn't stop, just carried on riding round some little gravel roads and wondering why I hadn't filled up before leaving Aucktown
    I went to Warkworth, nothing there worth stopping for, except gas then Wangarei, nope nothing remarkable there either (except lunch )

I stopped at a waterfall

there was a hand there too

Carrying on, I had planned on sticking to the coast while heading for Russel but missed my turnoff, nevermind, this little road turned out to be a wee gem. Waikare rd

After an iceblock in the "Hellhole of the pacific"

I caught another ferry

Then carried on Who knew Tau Henare had a drive named after him ?? Then cruised around towards Matauri bay.

I ended up here

and decided to call it quits for the day. After waiting for the dining room to empty I wheeled my bike through it to the secure storage

More hops juice was drunk : Becoming a bit of a habit

Thread Information