Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jatz's travels

Bike
    F800GS
    After a slow start the next day I made my way north.

to this place

Gratuitous selfie

Then cruised down to Kohukohu for yet another ferry. I thought these were pretty cool

Reakon a bit of paint and some fibreglass they'd be runners
    I chilled with some locals while waiting for the ferry

It wasn't a long wait before it showed up

then it was off round the coast, I do like this part of the country

Then down to check out this big tree I'd heard about

then up to a lookout thing

Then I made my way towards Dargaville, the only memorable thing was a bug of some description exploding through the vent on my helmet at highish speeds, I can still taste it
    I got to Dargaville and figured Auckland wasn't far away so I'd head back to mums for the night It was a rather "spirited" ride back to Whangarei then just a drag down the motorway, stopping only to figure out how to use the toll thingys at the tunnel.

More tomorrow

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Awesome. That ferry at "Rangiora" looks very similar to the one that does the Kohukohu to Rawene run across the Hokianga harbor.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    cool.
    ftcr
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Soooo, on Sat, because you were technically on the ride, meeting us at Pelorus, it was your fault Schmidty and the WRF died.

I think the only reason you got the FI Bimmer was so it didn't have main jets or needless to break.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Awesome. That ferry at "Rangiora" looks very similar to the one that does the Kohukohu to Rawene run across the Hokianga harbor.
    Well spotted, chocky fish for you . My map book is out on loan just now and mapsource was being silly

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Soooo, on Sat, because you were technically on the ride, meeting us at Pelorus, it was your fault Schmidty and the WRF died.

I think the only reason you got the FI Bimmer was so it didn't have main jets or needless to break.
    Guilty as charged your honor

Bike
    F800GS
    Mooving right along.....
    I left Auckland, again and made my way southish, taking some side roads and some main roads

Stopped in Katikat again, just to check on the status of the bickie tin, still nowt but crumbs so I carried on. If you see a guy in Katikat who looks nothing like me, it could be little bro. Give him a punch in the arm, for being slack on the baking front
    Anyhoo, I cruised down through Papamoa and some more back roads making my way towards East cape

It's been done/written about before so I wont bore you with a commentary, just some pics.

A nice wee church.

A river, the Motu

I grabbed some gas in Te Araroa and wobbled out to the light house

Awwwwww cute

After a brief chat to the cocky I made my back to the seal and continued south. I thought these hills were kind of rugged, the pic doesn't do it justice

I contemplated hanging a left and staying in Ruatoria, but..... wasn't ready to stop just yet

At Tokomaru bay I was. The pub was non negotiable on the accom cost so I went up to Brian's place, a back packers on the hill, then went back to the pub where a ladies fishing comp was just winding up. Friendly locals and a live band, was a good night

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Right adventurous bugger aint ya.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Right adventurous bugger aint ya.
    Not really, just nosey, I like to look around the place

I woke to a nice sunrise over the ocean and didn't even have to get out of bed, woulda been perfect if someone had brought me breakfast

After a 2 course breakky (coffee/ciggy) I saddled up and continued on, stopping to have a look at this little jetty in Tolaga bay

It'd be a good spot for a wee fire on the beach.... I like fire

Made my way through the traffic

And ended up in Gisborne for a ice cream

About this time I figured I'd had enough and there was a ferry mid/late afternoon which I could be on. I stopped taking pics and made my way to Welly without mucking around IYKWIM
    Got home after dark and fell into bed

The End

Bike
    F800GS
    Intermission

Bike
    F800GS
    I've been meaning to check fuel usage in the brick for a while so last Sunday I mounted the gps to the bike (odo doesn't work ) and headed of over to Golden Bay for a ride.
    A quick top up of the tank and I made my way over "the hill" gently. Less pea metal than expected but I still took it easy, still getting my head around the shaft drive
    I shot through Balck (?) rd, between One Speck rd and Pupu springs rd. A nice way to avoid the hustle and bustle and traffic congestion of Takaka town

At the Pupu springs end

Where I had to re attach the instrument cluster......again But the new number plate brackets made it through
    Then headed towards Collingwood and shot down Plain rd

I was mildly tempted to go over the goldfields track, but, didn't want the dash completely falling off
    Here was a good place to stop.

Nice river

Then I headed further up the Aorere valley, poking my nose up some side roads on the way

Another river,

there used to be a swing bridge here according to the sign, I could see where it had been before it got washed away in a flood. You can just see where it was. Musta been quite a flood

A brief stop at the Naked Possum for some wedges

MMMMMMM Wedges

Bike
    91 R80GS
    That made me laugh out loud.

Do you think we ride solo here in Nelson cos we're socially dysfunctional?

Nice river shots. Do you want me to fix up your headlite bracket properly?
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    F800GS
    A couple more pics

Bainham store

Opening hours seem a bit hit and miss

And I thought I'd share this

I made my way back toward Collingwood, snuffling round some more dead end roads

Old skool crane not sure if it's O.S.H. approved though

And if I decide to become a house trucker..... I think this'd fit the bill, and it's RED so must be reeeealy fast

If only it still had the lights on
    It was a magic day for a ride, back over the hill. I topped up the tank when I got back..... 13.06l for 223.8k's. I'm happy with that next time I'll try 91 to see if it makes a difference...

Bike
    DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Thats Murry McLains truck , I think he had a m/bike shop in Nelson at some stage
    Is it still for sale ?

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Must spread.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    That bus is bigger than his old shop was.

Thread Information