Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Jatz's travels

Bike
    F800GS
    Crickey... it's yesterday already.

I just hung out in the apartment for the night. Next day the bike was booked in for it's 18,000k service, which is more than either of the bikes at home I dropped it off at the dealer then caught the skytrain back to town, then a ferry to the North Shore to have a look around

There wasn't much there that interested me so the ferry was employed again, then I caught a looser cruiser out to Stanley park

Had a look at the totem pole forest

and just mooched about, wandering here and there, taking pics of random stuff that caught my eye. Im not sure what this was doing there, looked like some sort enclosure from a zoo. It was empty though

Then bussed/trained back to get the bike.
    Next day was sort out stuff to leave in the panniers day and drop the bike off for storage. Then go stumbling round the hood where I was staying. I stayed near the Pacific central station, and managed to bumble my way aver to Gas Town, through some streets and parks

It was an interesting experience
    Seeing such destitute souls milling around amongst such affluence. It really did tug at my heart strings and left me feeling quite sad for the world I didn't feel like getting the camera out to record it either. Except for this little shack, not 100m from my well apointed appartment.

Next day was time to pack up and jump on a plane.... with a brief stop in San Fran, and the sun set on another trip.

It was good to get home and start thinking about the next installment. I hear you can get good lobster in Halifax

Bike
    VFR800
    You've got a good eye for photography alright Jatz.

Apparently homelessness wasn't an issue there until the Government cut funding to national housing programs after the 1980s (familar scenario in many places) and it's gone rapidly downhill from there. Not a happy thing to see.

Are you serious about Halifax?

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Yep it's a tradgedy seeing all the junkies all stacked in the alleys like yesterdays rubbish. Generally harmless too tho there was enough of them to make you feel uneasy.
    Great photos tho thanks Jatz!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    You've got a good eye for photography alright Jatz.

Apparently homelessness wasn't an issue there until the Government cut funding to national housing programs after the 1980s (familar scenario in many places) and it's gone rapidly downhill from there. Not a happy thing to see.

Are you serious about Halifax?
    Yip, deadly serious. It was supposed to be this year, but its looking unlikely at this stage. The plan was/is Vancouver to Toronto via Nova Scotia & Newfoundland then the TAT the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Yep it's a tradgedy seeing all the junkies all stacked in the alleys like yesterdays rubbish. Generally harmless too tho there was enough of them to make you feel uneasy.
    Great photos tho thanks Jatz!
    Good description Laava
    I never felt threatened by them, but i imagine things could go south pretty quickly without to much warning.

I may chuck up some more random pics that didnt make the final cut of the tale, simply because I've got the time

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Yip, deadly serious. It was supposed to be this year, but its looking unlikely at this stage. The plan was/is Vancouver to Toronto via Nova Scotia & Newfoundland then the TAT the following year.

Great plan! Yeah, looking unlikely is right, but certainly something to look forward to. TAT?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    Great plan! Yeah, looking unlikely is right, but certainly something to look forward to. TAT?
    Trans America Trail. A gps route across America, mostly unpaved.

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Trans America Trail. A gps route across America, mostly unpaved.

Even more of an adventure then

Thread Information