Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wellington Club Bike

Bike
    Gsxr750

Building bucket

Hello im building a bucket was going to fit a rg150 front and rear end (modified to take twin shocks) to a cb125 frame with a cg125 engine (for now). An rg150 frame is available, am I wasting my time trying to make cb frame work? Keep in mind I do like a challenge and prefer the look of classic frames cheers gix

Bike
    I just lost count

Wellington Club Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer88 View Post
    Hello im building a bucket was going to fit a rg150 front and rear end (modified to take twin shocks) to a cb125 frame with a cg125 engine (for now). An rg150 frame is available, am I wasting my time trying to make cb frame work? Keep in mind I do like a challenge and prefer the look of classic frames cheers gix

Not to be rude but................

I have my opinion on this, and will be happy to share it when you start your own thread on your build in the forum. No need to clutter up this thread with unrelated waffle.

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer88 View Post
    i have a fxr150 roller for a good price , maybe put a honda 150 engine in it

Bike
    Nothing

Starting bucket raceing

Hi all, my father and I are wanting to get into buckets and I just wanted to know where to start ?

I'm having issues finding a bike to buy for cheap and wondering if anyone wants to point me in the right direction ?

Cheers

Bike
    Ducati M900, CBR250RR, BSA Lightning
    Hey Dean,
    There's no club bike in wellington at the moment, but if you can make it out to the November round at Kaitoke (Sunday 19th) it's a good way to see what's involved, have a look at what kinds of bikes people are using and how they are prepared, and there's usually people willing to let you have a run on theirs in B grade to give you a go on the track too. That's how myself and a few others made our start in buckets, didn't take long to get fully hooked!
    As for finding bikes, have seen a few advertised on here, keep an eye on trademe and if on facebook check out the 'wellington moto4 racers', 'bucket racing auckland' and 'bucket motorcycle racing christchurch' pages, amongst others. Often a lot of parts and bikes listed on these pages before they go on trademe.
    Can be a bit of a waiting game to find something suitable, took me a while until i found a cheap de-reg'd FXR150 on trademe that was in reasonable condition and over the last year or so have slowly built it into a solid A-grade bike, but the best i can suggest is coming for a look around the pits at the makes/models of bike people are using to meet the regulations to get a good idea of options to keep an eye out for.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean-Kemp View Post
    Hi all, my father and I are wanting to get into buckets and I just wanted to know where to start ?

I'm having issues finding a bike to buy for cheap and wondering if anyone wants to point me in the right direction ?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bails View Post
    Hey Dean,
    There's no club bike in wellington at the moment, but if you can make it out to the November round at Kaitoke (Sunday 19th) it's a good way to see what's involved, have a look at what kinds of bikes people are using and how they are prepared, and there's usually people willing to let you have a run on theirs in B grade to give you a go on the track too. That's how myself and a few others made our start in buckets, didn't take long to get fully hooked!
    As for finding bikes, have seen a few advertised on here, keep an eye on trademe and if on facebook check out the 'wellington moto4 racers', 'bucket racing auckland' and 'bucket motorcycle racing christchurch' pages, amongst others. Often a lot of parts and bikes listed on these pages before they go on trademe.
    Can be a bit of a waiting game to find something suitable, took me a while until i found a cheap de-reg'd FXR150 on trademe that was in reasonable condition and over the last year or so have slowly built it into a solid A-grade bike, but the best i can suggest is coming for a look around the pits at the makes/models of bike people are using to meet the regulations to get a good idea of options to keep an eye out for.
    bails is right, rock up to the next round.
    This one will actually be a week earlier, I'm about to post a thread to let people know.

Kaitoke rounds are on the 3rd Sunday of each month, except when they aren't like this time.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 675
    I'm unable to attend this one...just like all the others this year but if someone wants a bike and can collect from town it can be available...it could do with a run out before north island series so let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information