Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stickman Winter Series Racing

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    As an aside, Did anybody check to see he hadn't run out of fuel when the bike returned to pitlane ???
    Bit of a moot point Billy. He started it at turn 2 and rode it for the best part of 2.5km without any further issue.... (I think he did most of the lap)...
    Anyhow, yeah it was checked.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki EX250
    Okay,

Just a suggestion, Seth Devereux did it while I was chasing him at HD exiting the final turn, Got real interesting for a second or so as I had gone in deeper than norm and gassed up early to get by in the draught up the straight... Nek minnit!!!!! Haha,Aaron Hassan did the same there as well.
    I can imagine that would've been a sack tightener My adrenaline was still pumping though when I pulled the bike up and I know I did flick the switch off and on again at the tyre wall then it started up first pop... but if it was already off I would hope I'd have picked up on it... hope being the key word.

As an aside, Did anybody check to see he hadn't run out of fuel when the bike returned to pitlane ???
    Like i said, we drained all the fuel out of the tank when I returned and it had almost bang on 5 litres in it. Also it started fine when i was on the tyre wall and I rode it back down the slip road to the pits after the race... I'm kinda hoping we are gonna find something in the carbs to give an indication as to why it might have happened but since it ran sweet all of the saturday and for the other two races, i really have no idea

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    I think everyone is missing what Billy is asking.
    Did anyone (I.e. Steward etc.). Check as per expectations of MOMs...

I don't think it's a dig at you.

That a side. Nice report and looking forward to the final round. Game on.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Correct, Just cause it was early in the race, Doesn't mean he hasn't run out of fuel, Didn't realise he rode it back.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Correct, Just cause it was early in the race, Doesn't mean he hasn't run out of fuel, Didn't realise he rode it back.
    I realise that but, that is why I said he did.....

Bert is right, it should have almost been impounded until checked officially.

Yes, I have known a couple of times in the past where people have got distracted with all sorts of other stuff going on and forgotten to refuel the machine....
    One of them ended up in Foveaux Straight!!! (Plane, not bike).
    In the industry we call it "Human Factors".

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki EX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

That a side. Nice report and looking forward to the final round. Game on.
    I didn't view it as a dig at me.... i just misinterpreted the question. I'm looking forward to it too... hopefully my championship chances aren't finished just yet

That's a good point though as I'm not sure any stewards came to check whether I had run out of fuel. If they did they must have spoken to one of the "pit crew" or something

Bike
    GPR150

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by knee-dragger83 View Post
    I didn't view it as a dig at me.... i just misinterpreted the question. I'm looking forward to it too... hopefully my championship chances aren't finished just yet

That's a good point though as I'm not sure any stewards came to check whether I had run out of fuel. If they did they must have spoken to one of the "pit crew" or something
    bert said he going to kick you ass at the next meeting

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki EX250

Round 5 - Final Round

So the final round of the series was finally upon us and the weather forecast wasn’t looking too flash. I was trying to remain positive though because we had done a number of modifications to the bike to get it up to scratch for nationals so I was really really keen to try them out and see whether I could go on a PB breaking spree for the final outing. I must thank Graeme Billington for giving up a full Sunday of his time to help me fix up a few issues with the bike and get it jetted properly – saved me trying to do it and blowing the thing to pieces.

The weather on race day was as predicted – wet with insanely strong winds blowing straight across the track. I think the big guy upstairs took pity on the development class though as the sun came out for qualifying then disappeared again as soon as we came in. It was the first time I had run the Ninja in the wet and I didn’t have any wet tyres so I chose to run the freshly fitted Pirelli on the front and my series old Bridgestone on the rear. They actually went a lot better than I was predicting. Admittedly I was only putting along since it was my first wet session for well over a year. I quickly got feeling though and found the Bridgestone would slide very controllably out of the corners which made for shit drive but awesome fun. I qualified second behind Josh.

Funnily enough, the rain cleared for a while and the track was dry for our first race – perfect for me with my tires and I saw Josh was still running wets. Maybe my championship chances weren’t out the window just yet… I went out feeling confident until entering splash on the warm up where I almost got blown off the bike and back to turn 1 – the 120km/h winds were crazy for turn 3! I blasted off from the start though and quickly gained a lead which I held for most of the race. Josh caught me towards the end but I think my tyres had too much grip and he couldn’t stick with me.

It wouldn’t be a winter series if there wasn’t any rain and the heavens certainly opened up for the final round. The rain started coming down like bullets just before our second race so they decided to call it a weekend and head off to the pub a bit earlier for prize giving.

Overall it has been a wicked season and I couldn’t have asked for a much better first ever racing series. It’s been a ride and half and I’ve learnt heaps. I’ve also had awesome support from the scholarship program and a number of other people all season which has been just awesome. I don’t think I would have even been able to run the series with my student budget if it wasn’t for the scholarship program so thanks heaps Vic Club and the sponsors. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of the program Brent has developed for Vic Club which has helped me finally get into racing. I hope everyone continues to support the program for other young riders and I can’t wait to see future riders develop and succeed alongside the program.
    Thanks for the support everyone and if you are interested in supporting me for the summer including nationals, feel free to contact me at reganphibbs@hotmail.co.nz

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki EX250
    Heya guys,

So I'm not too sure how many people are following this post but it seems to be getting some pretty constant views so I thought I might ask your opinions on something.

As most of you know, I'm currently a student at Waikato Uni and trying to live and race off my student allowance (keep paying your taxes by the way ). But now that my scholarship with VMCC has finished, I am struggling to find the funds to race at AMCC thanks to their insanely expensive entry fees. I've approached a few people about sponsorship but so far everyone seems to have bugger all disposable income to provide any substantial support. I'm also currently applying for a job for the summer period to help fund my racing and repay the huge debt I've built up to buy the Ninja at the start of the year but so far I've had no luck.

Anyway, before I say my idea, I feel I should point out that I am not trying to scavenge funds or trying to get everyone's sympathy vote but the idea of using a pledge me type thing was mooted to me and I'm just wondering how much support it would get. I was thinking of using it to try and get just a few hundred dollars to help for entry fees so I can get some time on track before Nationals.

So out of curiosity, would any of you be interested in donating a small amount of funds ($5-10) to help my cause? Or know of anyone that might want to sponsor an up and coming racer who is serious about trying to win races and championships?

Cheers,
    Regan

Thread Information