Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool of the day suggestions start here

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ply lasts okish then you slam another on the top. Paint has to be sturdy or keeps peeling.

But then I heard of a place that does stainless commercial benches so I got a cover with a small kick step at the edge so jets don't roll off. $230 of why didn't I do this before?

Kinds dodgy place all Asians workers boss spoke English, pay in cash.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Ply lasts okish then you slam another on the top. Paint has to be sturdy or keeps peeling.

But then I heard of a place that does stainless commercial benches so I got a cover with a small kick step at the edge so jets don't roll off. $230 of why didn't I do this before?

Kinds dodgy place all Asians workers boss spoke English, pay in cash.

yeah, my sons MDF i have stained with a stain three coats and three coats of clear poly not sure how it will last but i did it as i knew the MDF would not last in my damp tropical climate without stain or poly.
    it will be interesting, personally i suspect the mdf will last better than the Ply as it has some give. The Ply feels kind of tinny.
    i used a shit ton of off cuts so its pretty much solid 2 inch timber underneath my plywood one though.
    My dad used to top his with Aluminium printing sheets, shinny one side newspaper of the day the other.
    These are about .4-.6mm aluminum its used to print newspapers you can cut it with scissors but it lasted over 20 years.

i have a sink for hands and a parts wash to go at one end
    I was going to put a SS benchtop in this area but they are generally only 450-550 wide rather than 600mm so gave up
    i do know a place here that does SS fab for Dairy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    Seen this Dave
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    don't suppose anyone replaces oil filters by banging a screwdriver thu them nowdays ?

I should buy a proper filter remover I guess , bad habits don't die do they ? lol. (Repco ?).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    don't suppose anyone replaces oil filters by banging a screwdriver thu them nowdays ?

I should buy a proper filter remover I guess , bad habits don't die do they ? lol. (Repco ?).
    the pliers ones are only $8 at Trade depot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrench.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	350230
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The cup ones are easily the best. I try not to work on cars, but I won't pay for oil changes. Some cars have cunty places for filters. Wife's old laser was worst. Shit place to get to with added joy of burning your wrists on exhaust.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    the pliers ones are only $8 at Trade depot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrench.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	350230
    The cup ones are easily the best. I try not to work on cars, but I won't pay for oil changes. Some cars have cunty places for filters. Wife's old laser was worst. Shit place to get to with added joy of burning your wrists on exhaust.
    cheers blokes, that made it easy thanks, (must try to shop more huh ?)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I have a small collection of oil filter removal tools. The pliers get my vote because you can grip the can near the base and apply a lot of force where it's needed.

Just make sure the jaws go small enough for motorbike filters.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Seriously try the cups, you won't go back. 2 sizes cover most bikes.

Bike
    husaberg
    Seriously try the cups, you won't go back. 2 sizes cover most bikes.
    One cup two girls?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Impact Wrench

Well you know when you have a rattlegun yer right proper. Mine has never been defeated and is just the thing for clutch an crank nuts as well as old damper rod forks that like to spin but succumb to the ratlley.

But. . . I kinda dont use except when I need to. Have to recharge the compressor to full and stretch out the airline or fit the longer one.

So given a pressiecard for being awesome and reading a mag featuring one, I thought. . Hmm. Tool-time!

Now hold on Dave. That looks like that elcheapo brand bunnings peddle. And at 215Nm it is at the toy end of the scale. So well you may sneer, but hear me out.

So I have lithium batteries for Makita, AEG, and 3 other lesser brands including Ozito.

I'd bought their sabresaw for gardening duties upon a recommendation as hed loant his out and it still hadn't broken with years of abuse. As mine has reliably functioned hacking branches off with a long garden saw. If you have trees on your property that's another recommendation.

Right back to the garage. I perfonicated for a small age in the shop. I hate buying twice when I've bought something too weedy.
    The next mid AEG or Makita would spin me $4-$500 but hugely increase torque.

Vs $139. I had $200 on the card.

Additionally not having something overpowered means I can spin things up before torquing without so much risk. Well that's what I'm telling myself.

I'm buying this for convenience and if I need more grunt I turn the compressor on. Time will tell if it is of use but spinning a caliper bolt off it performed well and could speed things up a bunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211212_165121.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	783.8 KB 
ID:	350255  

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Be interestin to see how it goes. I have a Ryobi impact gun which does sterling service, to be fair all my Ryobi cordless gear is good for the price.

Speaking of cutting branches, I have a leccy chainsaw with 12" bar for pruning me shrubs. Ryobi, natch. I absolutely love it. The big grunter is sat in the shed covered with cob webs.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    husaberg
    Impact Wrench

Well you know when you have a rattlegun yer right proper. Mine has never been defeated and is just the thing for clutch an crank nuts as well as old damper rod forks that like to spin but succumb to the ratlley.

But. . . I kinda dont use except when I need to. Have to recharge the compressor to full and stretch out the airline or fit the longer one.

So given a pressiecard for being awesome and reading a mag featuring one, I thought. . Hmm. Tool-time!

Now hold on Dave. That looks like that elcheapo brand bunnings peddle. And at 215Nm it is at the toy end of the scale. So well you may sneer, but hear me out.

So I have lithium batteries for Makita, AEG, and 3 other lesser brands including Ozito.

I'd bought their sabresaw for gardening duties upon a recommendation as hed loant his out and it still hadn't broken with years of abuse. As mine has reliably functioned hacking branches off with a long garden saw. If you have trees on your property that's another recommendation.

Right back to the garage. I perfonicated for a small age in the shop. I hate buying twice when I've bought something too weedy.
    The next mid AEG or Makita would spin me $4-$500 but hugely increase torque.

Vs $139. I had $200 on the card.

Additionally not having something overpowered means I can spin things up before torquing without so much risk. Well that's what I'm telling myself.

I'm buying this for convenience and if I need more grunt I turn the compressor on. Time will tell if it is of use but spinning a caliper bolt off it performed well and could speed things up a bunch.
    With the Pneumatics a mate that raced karts had a old lpg Gas cylinder he used to charge up at the garage to silly levels of Psi (still well within lpg specs of corse)
    He had it hooked with std push fittings to the rattle gun to use of the kart wheels and stuff like his lift table amazing how long it lasted.
    for the new shop i am plumbing it up with 15mm or 20mm alkathyne LDPE. its good for 140psi is cheap and will not shatter like PVC
    $60 odd for 50m
    It will have air everywhere.
    i found a new air rattle and ratchet set at the olds. (thanks Dad)
    to power it all i am going to run two small compressors (thanks Dad)so i can run blast cabinet as well.
    with tools like rattle gun, battery drill, bench saw etc etc i feel buying cheap is cool if its stuff you don't use that often as it allows you to have more tools
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    One cup two girls?
    one monkey no cup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7NarU3RdPc

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So there I was, should I click on spydas link? Dumb idea.

Thread Information