Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool of the day suggestions start here

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah I was given one of those. Can't think of a use for it. Think I've put it in the dirt bike kit. Maybe I'll need to de stone a horse hoof.
    thing is, if your not got it on ya then ya cant use it....but if you've got it on ya you're always using it.

Well I am anyway...

Had it for over 2o years & its still tight & I like the little slot head screwdriver bit which is particularly useful in cleaning out my wee pipe.....

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Think I bought the same T bars. They're different but look ok now. Good keying and no wear,. . . except the size numbers screened on the handles.

oh a tip, I wrap black tape on my 13mm spanner and socket so I can tell them from the 12 or 14. All other sizes are eye easy.

Actually blue tape on the 15, but only one bike uses that. All the other queer sizes are filed away just in case, but no point having them in the way in a tool box or shadow board.

My shadow board is old man fashionable but easier for the garage than a toolbox. Big improvement for me.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Think I bought the same T bars. They're different but look ok now. Good keying and no wear,. . . except the size numbers screened on the handles.

oh a tip, I wrap black tape on my 13mm spanner and socket so I can tell them from the 12 or 14. All other sizes are eye easy.
    Blue handles with allen key on the longer side of handle? Think there was about 9 in plastic hard to open packet.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    husaberg
    steering head bearings and shock preload.
    mine is not hinged and I can't find it at the moment doh
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000-progressive-suspension-pre-load-adjustment-tool---.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	299416

Guy I used to work with made his own extra long t bars out of odd sockets.
    He also made up a Honda centrifugal and clutch tool out of an old socket he just ground the points.

PS bogan not everyone feels the need to buy a $50 blade for use maybe once ever 3 years.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    . . .t & I like the little slot head screwdriver bit which is particularly useful in cleaning out my wee pipe.....
    I first read that as weed pipe, so figured that was some maintenance issue with paraphernalia but reread and now I'm concerned. Maybe you should see a doctor. Making me wince

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I got a Dremel like this a while back. Great thing and use it heaps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dremelstylus1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	299417  

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    The one thing I use all the time is my workbench.

Apart from that it is supprising how often I use the wee hobby lathe. I have every tool that Myford made including the milling table.

Name:	IMG_0806.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	299422

The wall mounted tool box is full of allsorts of treasures

Name:	IMG_0807.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	299423

This is for the bigger tools infrequently used

Name:	IMG_0808.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	299424

This is the even more infrequently used tools

Name:	IMG_0809.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	299425
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Confucius says. Man in bathroom with tool in hand not necessarily plumber.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    BI hex sockets, free. Brake spring pliers, free. 10 mtr retractable air hose, free. Panelbeaters dolly set, free. I love it when the local repco store get their skip bin taken to the dump. And I love that I chose to do my community service at said dump. Now, whenever anything comes in like that, they deliver it to my door. Thank you NZ police and justice department.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Cheap wire strippers. I can't stand cutting and stripping wire with a craft knife, when this tool does it so neatly and easily.

Attachment 299410
    http://www.jaycar.com//products_uplo...oduct_7240.jpg

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    And I love that I chose to do my community service at said dump. Now, whenever anything comes in like that, they deliver it to my door. Thank you NZ police and justice department.

Haha............

That will make you stop offending again...............

Tools........
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...Im a chippy and a Luddite...that makes for a wanker with lots of handtools and 40 years of handling them...I'm not sure if it's because of a fault in my head, a true wish that the use of the tools of my trade are not lost or if I'm just a tight cunt that wont spend money...I had a boy that turned into a man, work for me for 25 years and he was into buying a new power tool whenever he could...I used to laugh at our differences on the job and give him a hard time for being, 'soft?...the few power tools I have had are past their use by date, as is their owner...as they burned out or broke I have decided not to replace them.

...one of the tools that I did succumb to buy was a framing nail gun, and I will admit that it has saved me many hours and a respite from an elbow and wrist that showed signs of the damage that a 24oz hammer will cause after flailing the fucking thing at small hard to see metal spikes for all those years...well, my youngest boy is 21 and a sparky and loves plastic boxes with power tools hidden inside them...a courier arrives here at least three times a week with a new largish cardboard box and when my son gets home in the evening I marvel at his shiny new tool that promptly gets put into the back of his down in the rear work vehicle...down in the arse end because of so many red, yellow, black and orange power tools in their boxes, stacked in it...

...today as per usual, the courier dropped off another medium sized cardboard box for him...my wife said, 'you are to open that, it's for you'...puzzled and a little bemused I opened it to find a present of a brand new Paslode framing nailer...my son helped me with a bit of a framing job last week and noticed that my already rebuilt and knocked around nailer was misfiring and the battery was falling out, and...and...

...anyway, I'm pretty stoked that my son noticed and thought of me...they are also bloody expensive...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I borrowed one of those for the fence. Strangely fun. Much better than nailing esp where I was standing it was enough to hold a board.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I have only managed to put one nail through my bodily parts once in the last ten years...not bad for the tens of thousands of nails it's fired...

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I have only managed to put one nail through my bodily parts once in the last ten years...not bad for the tens of thousands of nails it's fired...
    That depends which body part.

My one must have before starting any job is a good sacrificial flat head. Saves a lot of money on your better screwdrivers if you have one ornery old flathead in easy reach when something needs a pry. Preferably one that a little time with the bench grinder can restore or sharpen the tip.

Given my bikes are daily riders I like to know where my impact driver is. Brake master cylinder screws have a nasty habit of seizing.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Thread Information