Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool of the day suggestions start here

Bike
    CB1300
    Oh and an old canvas belt is magic if the fuck wit before you uses a tool to put an oil filter on.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    PS bogan not everyone feels the need to buy a $50 blade for use maybe once ever 3 years.......
    But it does plastic as well, so maybe once every 2 year : I also got an old one you can have for free, only missing a chunk of about 10 teeth :

Guess the $250 steel cutting version would be a no go as well? I almost bought one to do sheet, except it makes a mess of sheet apparently, only good for thick stuff.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...Im a chippy and a Luddite...

...today as per usual, the courier dropped off another medium sized cardboard box for him...my wife said, 'you are to open that, it's for you'...puzzled and a little bemused I opened it to find a present of a brand new Paslode framing nailer...my son helped me with a bit of a framing job last week and noticed that my already rebuilt and knocked around nailer was misfiring and the battery was falling out, and...and...

...anyway, I'm pretty stoked that my son noticed and thought of me...they are also bloody expensive...
    Is it an IM90? They are frikken awesome and pack a decent wallop that will bury a nail deep into LVL beams. But yes, expensive.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...no not the IM90...it's the CF325Li...much like my old heap of shit but brand spanking...it has a very small Li-Ion battery compared to the old things...

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    ...no not the IM90...it's the CF325Li...much like my old heap of shit but brand spanking...it has a very small Li-Ion battery compared to the old things...
    Just about shat myself yesterday, when a chippy fired one of right next to the digger. I was following a 50kva power cable that comes out of a new cowshed, past where they are putting the shit pumps, and he was building a shed for the pumps. Fuck it was loud.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Problem with having to many toys is the amount of special tools required...........

But you can't do the job without them,and at $100 an hour in the workshop still worth it.

I have got a whole heap of them .....most only used once....

So much more I "need",and even more I still want.

(Same with house renovations)
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    You are right there Awayatc, I still have tools I was required to have when I started my apprenticeship that I have never used! They were already redundant. Such as a no6 plane and a saw-set.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    You are right there Awayatc, I still have tools I was required to have when I started my apprenticeship that I have never used! They were already redundant. Such as a no6 plane and a saw-set.

...my German Jack has had at least 8 hours on it since '73 when it was a required tool for an apprentice...one of the most heinous tools ever devised...a few more hours on the Disstons...I shudder to think of the rips I had to do on a stud length of rimu to take a 1/4 inch of material away...they are all hanging in my saw bag in the shed, totally redundant since the advent of chemically sharpened throw aways...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    One of the "special" bits of kit I use rarely but you can't really do without is some seriously sized hydraulics.

I have a large enerpac pump and a few cylinders, toping out at an 80 ton x 100mm job.

I had a 6" hollow cylinder which was amazingly useful for pulling shit, (as opposed to pushing it), but like a lot of stuff I lent it to someone and now I can't remember who...

When your job is displaying any sort of reluctance to shift itself from it's current location to where you want it then you really can't beat hydraulics for insisting that the fucking thing does as it's told.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...yip...the most serious and handy tool I have ever owned was a two knuckled hiab with two extensions...ton and a half lift on full extension , all hanging off a tipping deck on an old D Series Ford...in conjunction with my TK with a 30 foot trailer I managed to get myself into lots of shit... I miss the hiab and all its wondrous capabilities...I could do an engine swap in any of my Holdens in under a couple of hours with no bending and struggling and only needed a wife or child to assist with a 4x2 lever for the final positioning...I got fucked off with shitting myself in some of the positions I got myself into working on the farms and boney Banks Peninsula hills and tracks...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just starting to get a little off topic of motorcycles. . .perhaps this has run its course anyhoo.

All I've decided I really need to buy is a mini belt sander & I'll have to incentivise myself a bit to do that for a little longer.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

...my German Jack has had at least 8 hours on it since '73 when it was a required tool for an apprentice...one of the most heinous tools ever devised...a few more hours on the Disstons...I shudder to think of the rips I had to do on a stud length of rimu to take a 1/4 inch of material away...they are all hanging in my saw bag in the shed, totally redundant since the advent of chemically sharpened throw aways...

Whats a German Jack?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pastor View Post
    Whats a German Jack?
    ...a wooden block plane, for removing lots of material in a short time...wooden tongue held the blade at a ridiculously steep angle...torture to an apprentice, who usually got the 'orrible jobs...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pastor View Post
    Whats a German Jack?
    Jakob..............
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Last attempt to breathe life into this thread.
    USD fork spring compressor (add tie down)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	616.9 KB 
ID:	299475  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information