Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool of the day suggestions start here

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My nutfucker I should have taken a picture of. its like 6 or 700mm & I first spied it in a M10 I used to frequent often on the walk back to work. Was $145 but looked cool. After a year or two it went down to $90 & I was tempted but no sale. Then one day before they were about to move to become a Mega it has a yellow sticker for $45 or maybe less. That's mine.

Don't use it often & not on nuts, but as an adjustable clamp bending lever it's supreme.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pastor View Post
    I really enjoy my 90 degree screw driver

http://www.speedwerxstore.com/index...._detail&p=1840

also the other staple in my garage is the MANBAR - a big ass steel pipe http://www.detroitnippleworks.com/wp...steel-pipe.jpg

and what bush mecanic can live without the hammer - http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-co...for-Garage.jpg - pretty nails make working so much easier!

and what about the Nut Fu*ker? http://julierushracing.files.wordpre...nner.jpg?w=614
    I have 2 of those. Both over 20 years old.
    One was under the bonnet when I got a car back from a mechanic. The other was in the ceiling of my dad's shop I was helping to rewire. Both get used for all sorts of shit but only get used on nuts when I don't have the right size spanner / socket or something is being deconstructed permanently.

Wasn't always the case but a few fucked knuckles fixed that.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I used to use docking rings for securing handgrips better than lockwire, cause it does not cut your gloves and is colour coded
    I used a docking ring as a shock absorber in a semi auto pistol.

Has Blackbird been in with a link to his laser wheel alignment tool?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...my 2ft Crescent, or shifting spanner as it's known by many, gets used only occasionally and seldom near nuts, mainly like you F5 Dave, as a metal bender...I worked on a job (yank) where a 4ft shifter with an 8 foot cheater bar slipped over it with an eye welded on the end to attach an air winch, was the way we dealt to big sub sea brass nuts that held our blow out preventer together...but the yanks are a bit like that with lots of stuff they do...I have a 3in crescent that I just like to play with and look at, but has its uses, now and again...

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Ok you asked for it. This is my favorite tool of all time.

Its the one thing I use all the time and it fits on 80% of all the fittings on the Landy, MG and Harley.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140722_181938_resized.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	572.1 KB 
ID:	299491
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ........ where a 4ft shifter with an 8 foot cheater bar slipped over it with an eye welded on the end to attach an air winch........
    I love it when you talk dirty.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    bet ya Never done a KTM 50 rear brake though Ocean.
    I have to use a 2.5ml syringe for them........
    The power bleeder would never fit. plus I can push the fluid through with it as well. Regardless it sure beats the old jar method.....
    Nope, no KTM 50s. Does it help if you turn the wee fuckers upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Don't use it often & not on nuts, but as an adjustable clamp bending lever it's supreme.
    I use 'em all the time. Not for most jobs, but they've got a place, in spite of what some say.

Except the one I bought in England. Was a Polish item, (I was broke). With an arsy-boo helix on the thumb screw. I could use it if I could watch what I was doing but after spending half an hour upside down inside a pasteurising machine trying to get onto a bolt I couldn't see and could only just reach I threw the fucking thing into the Thames.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    mine would have to be my trusty old dremel. has been worth its weight in gold, even if the first one shat itself the second time it was used and needed to be replaced in the first week of ownership . . .

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    I did a shop on Torpedo7 when they were clearing out their workshop tools, Bought a bunch of odds and ends. $5 spring puller which has been magic.

Vice grip clutch basket holder, never used it yet, but when I'm pissed off i'm sure it'll be great. was something like $15

Name:	35-9052.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	299495

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I bought one of those but I've never used it. Tend to use the steel clutch plate welded to a handle (with diff plates on each side).

my first dremel got retired recently (given to a mate). New one with adjustable speed is a pain as you have to turn up from slow with buttons every time -yawn. My Bosch grinder is the next 2 sizes up and gets used extensively. I also have 3 air grinders which are better still but plug in electricity wins 9 time out of ten for ease of use.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    I love it when you talk dirty.

...don't drool on my tool...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah I bought one of those but I've never used it. Tend to use the steel clutch plate welded to a handle (with diff plates on each side).

my first dremel got retired recently (given to a mate). New one with adjustable speed is a pain as you have to turn up from slow with buttons every time -yawn. My Bosch grinder is the next 2 sizes up and gets used extensively. I also have 3 air grinders which are better still but plug in electricity wins 9 time out of ten for ease of use.
    you fuken pussy. You need to put a 150psi ring main in.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but I don't need the constant compressor noise and it's never full for when I just need to do a 5min job.

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    There are a few more in the work ute also.

Name:	IMG_0810.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	299501

I also use a pneumatic die grinder from time to time with several burs (rotary files). A dremel just doesent cut the mustard.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Some wimpy Cresents out there. I've always called this the railway spanner, and I think they were used for sleepers. Soft jaws and they don't open very wide, but great to use - it balances with a finger just behind the head, so you can wind something up choking behind the head, and then use full leverage to snug it up. Was useful when I worked on compressors and did some pipeline work.

Name:	P7260233.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	299502
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information