Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kave View Post
    I was at the last one and I would be happy to attend this one so long as someone can tell me why they think that this protest would be any more effective than the last (which was a nice fun ride but achieved absolutely nothing). Personally I think we have already tried the soft option and it didn't work.

What we really need is a real protest. There are plenty of traffic chokepoints around NZ, it would take bugger all bikes to bring the Auckland harbour bridge to a standstill at rush-hour (as an example). Why go cap in hand to the politicians? Instead, lets kick up a real stink and have the politicians meet us on our terms. A campaign of regular disruptive events may be more effective than a day of minor inconvenience for Wellington commuters.
    a good start, but i note a distinct lack of molitovs and severed heads on pikes...

Theres also more to the cuntry THAN FUKEN AUCKLAND.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    Interesting closing on 7 sharp a couple of nights ago. ACC is over funded and asked for reduced levies, the levies although reduced will not be reduced as much as ACC recommend thereby still over funding ACC which is just wrong.
    Yes, i saw that on 7 sharp. The government won't allow ACC's 'recommended' reduction
    Supersize Me

Bike
    Triple Delight
    What we really need is a real protest.
    Yep!

10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

Theres also more to the cuntry THAN FUKEN AUCKLAND.
    Yeah but disrupting the daily happenings in Huntly will go unnoticed.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    A one off protest no matter how large and even as the lead story on the TV is unlikely to have any effect.

I suspect last time the back down was planned. " make it really high, they will protest , print some T shirts and go to some Yacht Clubs, then we drop it back to a bit less and they

go away"

The bureaucrats who run the country behind the Govt scenes are there every day, how many days can Joe Bloggs put into writing letters, attending meetings etc, that's where

the 'action' is .

maybe talk to BRONZ about it, they are the guys who are in it for the long haul, reading Govt Transport papers into the night etc.

I'll buy a T shirt, still got the last one
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    There's also going to be a protest at parliament on september 1st.

http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/f...september-1st/
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    LOOKS like its a goer according to other threads

This was attached to one of them

http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/f...september-1st/

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Yeah but disrupting the daily happenings in Huntly will go unnoticed.
    what the fuck is huntly?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    No mention of any want/need to change the definition of what a "Motorcycle" accident actually is. Be it ... caused by a motorcycle .. involving a motorcycle ... or involving a vehicle described as a motorcycle.

A change in the format of where/how a "Motorcycle" accident is included in the statistics ... ie: Not including motorcycles that are not intended (nor being used) for on road use ...

OR ... A change to allow collection of ACC levies from buyers of said motorcycles .... not and never intended for on road legal use ... by other means.

Interesting comment ...

Example: a learner driver of a car can pass the license theory test and then with an appropriate passenger beside them, as prescribed by the current Graduated Driving Training Legislation, drive a 1000hp car! That learner would have no experience with that sort of vehicle yet, it is legal.
    Aside from the fact that few (if any) 1000 HP cars are legally on the road ... they STILL need a licensed passenger beside them. Learner motorcyclists with only basic handling skills are allowed on the open road on LAM's class motorcycles (some over 600 cc) legally ... with only an L plate to show they are a learner. The pot calling the kettle black I think ...

Advances in Motorcycle safety equipment from the manufacturers
    These advances are seldom seen on the LAM's class motorcycles used by the majority of learners ... the ones most at risk of having an accident.

All the best safety gear that is available on the market now ... cannot always save the rider from injury or death ... regardless of any other vehicles involved (or not) at the time of said accident.

The "Discrimination" mentioned of "Different categories of people" made me laugh ... considering how we speak about Honda, scooter ... and Harley riders. Not to mention (fucking) Cage drivers ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    GSX1300R
    What we really need is a real protest. There are plenty of traffic chokepoints around NZ, it would take bugger all bikes to bring the Auckland harbour bridge to a standstill at rush-hour (as an example). Why go cap in hand to the politicians? Instead, lets kick up a real stink and have the politicians meet us on our terms. A campaign of regular disruptive events may be more effective than a day of minor inconvenience for Wellington commuters.
    I think you would just fuck a lot of people off and achieve nothing good for bikers.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    I think you would just fuck a lot of people off and achieve nothing good for bikers.
    Tough shit - theres enough bikers fucked off already - what do you do just roll over and let them keep spanking you because you might upset some people?? Thats why the last big one didnt do the job properly, everyone just looked at us and said what well behaved bikers and when they are finished with their peaceful, well organised protest they will just go away. Guess what - we did!!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Tough shit - theres enough bikers fucked off already - what do you do just roll over and let them keep spanking you because you might upset some people?? Thats why the last big one didnt do the job properly, everyone just looked at us and said what well behaved bikers and when they are finished with their peaceful, well organised protest they will just go away. Guess what - we did!!
    Protest action belongs in the past. Constructive protest action would be establishing a professional, paid lobby group to make positive input into roading and licensing issues that benefit motorcyclists at best and at the very least ensure that decisions made on behalf of the motoring public include information about how things like road surface changes and the composition of road markings affect motorcycles.

The next protests action is rooted firmly in, "I didn't get what I wanted last time I tried to make a point so now I'm throwing a bigger tanty."

It will achieve nothing, especially in light of the timing. Is the goal of the protest to open a dialogue with Government and Government agencies with an aim of being included in future decisions that affect motorcycling, or is it just to let them know how "mad" you all are? Because if it's the second bit, please, for fuck's sake, don't tell anyone you're representing all motorcyclists. Some of us would like to be able to keep riding.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    It was on the good
    I think you need to have a look at some of the previous protest threads on KB to get a better understanding of what went before. Riding in a big group and standing around in the grounds of Parliament will achieve nothing, perhaps some empty promises to review things after the election to shut everyone up. If a real protest is to be had then unfortunately it is going to have to affect the general population so that they can see what the protest is about. It is a very fine line between getting their support and pissing them off completely.

In the end TPTB don't care about motorcyclists so any protest is doomed. We are at odds with the international decade of road safety and the government direction that is Safer Journeys. They would be happy to price us all off the road.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Is the goal of the protest to open a dialogue with Government and Government agencies with an aim of being included in future decisions that affect motorcycling
    Hahahahahahahahahah

Like the MSAC

Got that and whats it done to address the imbalance in ACC fees for motorcycle groups

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahah

Like the MSAC

Got that and whats it done to address the imbalance in ACC fees for motorcycle groups
    The MSAC isn't a lobby group. It's a Quango. Your point is irrelevant.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information