Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    being included in future decisions that affect motorcycling
    I believe MSAC was originally started to be exactly that - yes it has been shanghied and some good people who put forward motorcyclists views badly treated.

Of course we also have Bronz

http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/f...september-1st/

looks like their dialogue with the Government is not on great terms either

Re your comment
    Some of us would like to be able to keep riding. (pretty dramatic)

In response
    Some of us would like to be able to afford to keep riding

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Every pissed off biker, remove your plate for the first two months of summer.

Do not break any other laws, and let the ticket go to court. Give a defense argument that you are being unfairly discriminated against.

The sheer number of cases will over load the courts to the point of breaking, and the message will become quite a large problem for the whole country...very quickly.

Effective, simple, and probably the least amount of time and effort for those who actually wish to make a difference.

Just a thought.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    what the fuck is huntly?
    I'm guessing ... nowhere near Terenga Paraoa.

Wherever the fuck that is .. ??

Somewhere near Taupo ... maybe ..
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Nc handling skills are allowed on the open road on LAM's class motorcycles (some over 600 cc) legally ... with only an L plate to show they are a learner. The pot calling the kettle black I think ...

These advances are seldom seen on the LAM's class motorcycles used by the majority of learners ... the ones most at risk of having an accident.

All the best safety gear that is available on the market now ... cannot always save the rider from injury or death ... regardless of any other vehicles involved (or not) at the time of said accident.

The "Discrimination" mentioned of "Different categories of people" made me laugh ... considering how we speak about Honda, scooter ... and Harley riders. Not to mention (fucking) Cage drivers ...
    [QUOTE=FJRider;1130757575]

link to infoy stuff http://www.transport.govt.nz/assets/...2013-final.pdf

isint it the oldies having crashes?
    thats kinda why they put the acc up with the bigger bikes isint it?

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    what the fuck is huntly?
    A place where you were possibly conceived in the car park of the local RSA.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I believe MSAC was originally started to be exactly that - yes it has been shanghied and some good people who put forward motorcyclists views badly treated.

Of course we also have Bronz

http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/f...september-1st/

looks like their dialogue with the Government is not on great terms either

Re your comment
    Some of us would like to be able to keep riding. (pretty dramatic)

In response
    Some of us would like to be able to afford to keep riding
    MSAC is a Quango. You shoul dlook up the definition. It was setup as a sop to the "grumpy bikers". It was designed to suck up time and resource without producing outcomes. It has worked thus far. It is not a lobby group. You need to look up the definiton of that too.

BRONZ have never managed to be a consistent, professional lobby group throughout their entire history. They have the odd moment, but they are not professional lobbyists. They aren't paid fulltime lobbyists with aprorpriate tertriary qualifications and access to the political process. They are that very dangerous thing, "enthusiastic volunteers". Fractured, without clear goals and whining about things being unfair without ever producing an outcome while soaking up time and resources. Hey look! Two organisations not achieving anything. 2 points to the National Party-led Government. 0 points motorcycling. Les did a fantastic job last time round and you all shit on him from a great height. He managed to horse trade an outcome that didn't kill motorcycling on the spot.

We need someone like this: https://twitter.com/CrossrdsRider

Has a PhD in Transport Politics. Effects change. Stays on target. Works with the opponents to humanise riders and their issues.

Throwing a wobbly and letting the Government dictate the terms of "our" interface with Government, like was done with MSAC, is not the sort of thing this chap would have advocated or supported.

Motorcycling needs a professional lobby group. Not angry revolutionary volunteers or Government patsies, clever people who know how the system works and how to work it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    isint it the oldies having crashes?
    thats kinda why they put the acc up with the bigger bikes isint it?
    Your quoting skills need work ... or is it just the cold in Dunedin that's affecting your typing .. ??

This "Oldie" managed to take his 1200 into Falls dam with NO issues ... while a few (younger) Dunedin'ites on smaller machines had a few issues ...

As I recall ... learners and the "Born again Bikers" are the most at risk.

The biggest reason for the increase in the ACC levies ... was idiots being idiots on the road (not always the Biker at fault) ... and lack of appropriate safety gear. Combine both those issues ... and pain/suffering will result. Usually long term for said Biker.

ACC subsidies on safety gear may be worth asking for. If ACC is "Overfunded" ... for PR sake alone ... they may wear it .. (so to speak)

Even BRONZ will admit ... better Rider training WILL be of benefit long term to ALL riders ... and if such training is required prior to acquiring a license ... I fail to see the downside. The downside is (older/experienced) riders not following the simple practices (wearing ATGATT) and not remembering/using the safety skills they were required to learn at the start.

Those that continue to ignore the basic road rules (if it suits at the time) are hardly in a position to point fingers at other road users for causing the levy status.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    disrupting the daily happenings in Huntly will go unnoticed.
    Yeah, and interupting a liquor store holdup (apparently almost a daily happening in Huntly? ) would probably be seen as pro government.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    We need someone like this: https://twitter.com/CrossrdsRider

Has a PhD in Transport Politics. Effects change. Stays on target. Works with the opponents to humanise riders and their issues.
    I like him!

I've met a few of that calibre here, though. Not sure what results UK bikers are getting, but there's several steps between bikers and related govt policy that represent substantial hurdles here. We don't have anything resembling the Beeb's far more impartial, professional journalism to start with.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    a red heap
    What a waste of petrol.

dont you cunts understand that not paying your registration is the most effective form of protest.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I like him!

I've met a few of that calibre here, though. Not sure what results UK bikers are getting, but there's several steps between bikers and related govt policy that represent substantial hurdles here. We don't have anything resembling the Beeb's far more impartial, professional journalism to start with.
    I was also at Bikoi, from what I saw we had at least a couple of people up front on the steps who could have been ideal to carry out this type of 'action' (converse with the grey men/women). One was a 60ish school teacher. Unfortunately, the time for the 'rabble rousers' which were needed to motivate the 'masses' was past at Bikoi, and this asset was by the looks not utilised.

I was in the UK as were a few others from previous threads for the anti leg protector protests, this was a mass protest in conjunction with a group 'action' politically. What NZ seems to fail in IS the continuous effort in dialogue with the grey men...
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Tough shit - theres enough bikers fucked off already - what do you do just roll over and let them keep spanking you because you might upset some people?? Thats why the last big one didnt do the job properly, everyone just looked at us and said what well behaved bikers and when they are finished with their peaceful, well organised protest they will just go away. Guess what - we did!!
    I'm not fucked off and I have 3 registered bikes.
    I was talking to an Aussie guy at work and he said it was the best part of 2K a year for rego and compulsory insurance. Licences expire over there too so if your coming back to biking its a LAMS bike to start with.
    Oh...and he said that if you organise a ride with more than so many in it its Police notifiable.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    What a waste of petrol.

dont you cunts understand that not paying your registration is the most effective form of protest.
    He right, dat man.
    Several hundy for a slip of paper to make me feel special.
    Farrrk off.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    What NZ seems to fail in IS the continuous effort in dialogue with the grey men...
    Where NZ fails is in restraining our innate tall poppy bashing tendency from kneecapping anyone so far up themselves as to presume to represent anyone.

Which is a pity. Because left to their own devices those grey men tend to turn that particular type of anarchic rabble into the sort of 1994 you now have in parts of Oz.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Every pissed off biker, remove your plate for the first two months of summer.

Do not break any other laws, and let the ticket go to court. Give a defense argument that you are being unfairly discriminated against.

The sheer number of cases will over load the courts to the point of breaking, and the message will become quite a large problem for the whole country...very quickly.

Effective, simple, and probably the least amount of time and effort for those who actually wish to make a difference.

Just a thought.
    no. court is all paid up (thanks you) so they'll just fuck your ass for years while waiting to process you.

remove the plate permanently. better idea.

Thread Information