Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    He right, dat man.
    Several hundy for a slip of paper to make me feel special.
    Farrrk off.
    Awesome individual protest action which sadly can never be successful unless everyone does it. Most commuters here in the shitty city could never afford the revenue gathering tickets that would inevitably be issued. Easy quota pickings for plod when you travel the same route every day.

I am actually supportive of Drews suggestion, but again, it needs to be a class action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Tough shit - theres enough bikers fucked off already - what do you do just roll over and let them keep spanking you because you might upset some people?? Thats why the last big one didnt do the job properly, everyone just looked at us and said what well behaved bikers and when they are finished with their peaceful, well organised protest they will just go away. Guess what - we did!!
    My thinking is more in line with James, advocates, lobbyists, dialog, and working with those making the decisions. Confrontation won't yield long term change and understanding.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Awesome individual protest action which sadly can never be successful unless everyone does it. Most commuters here in the shitty city could never afford the revenue gathering tickets that would inevitably be issued. Easy quota pickings for plod when you travel the same route every day.

I am actually supportive of Drews suggestion, but again, it needs to be a class action.
    How many people do you know of that regularly gets tickets for no rego and nothing else? If you are getting pulled over I bet havig unpaid rego is the least of your problems, ie dont ride like a dick and you will be fine.

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Why not give discounted rego to people who’ve continuiously regestered a motorcycle for more than 3 years. This could be a fair way of targeting new riders and born agains.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    My motorcycle accident has, and is, costing ACC a poultice and was caused by wandering stock on the road; why do my ACC levies have to increase because farmers fencing isn't sufficient to keep stock in their paddocks? - after all, I know people who have been seriously injured in the same circumstances in cars.

If its because I'm more at risk of injury on a motorcycle why isn't ACC going after mountain bikers, skiers, cyclists, snowboarders, roller skaters and skateboarders= they all wear far less safety gear than I do? least my motorcycle had breaks that worked unlike most of those guys who only have skin friction to slow em up? me no comprendy johnky?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    I wonder if there are stats on non registered bike accidents inc quads which are being lumped together to make the picture worse and giving them reason to charge registered bikes an arm and a leg - I think this would be a better argument to apportion costs per user groups accordingly - can you imagine the uproar if unregistered bikes had an ACC levy charge.

On the sheep front Marty coming back across SH5 today 4 bikes followed me for a long while looked like newish F800 & F650 amongst them and I passed three sheep grazing on the kerb then round the next bend a few wild goats risking their necks, all the bikes caught me up in Bay View so nobody got lambed

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Well if its serious I will be there with as many other riders as I can muster mister.

Hopefully there will be a bit of disruption on the day.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    How many people do you know of that regularly gets tickets for no rego and nothing else? If you are getting pulled over I bet havig unpaid rego is the least of your problems, ie dont ride like a dick and you will be fine.
    You don't live in the shittiest city. We have regular random rego/wof check stops here. Lets not forget booze checks at any time of the day. All hours/all the time/any day, you are not safe ever. I thought seriously about taking that action back in the day, but soon realised I could not personally afford the tickets for my random, no rego tickets, while I rode to work every day. Why should I pay for a personal protest without support? Therein is the crux of this sort of protest, FAIL!

UTTER FAIL. Having said that, Millie's rego is on hold currently. Currently, I am not commuting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    I too support DREW'S idea.
    Mom's right ( isn't she always?) it must be "everyone"
    Then when their attention has been well and truly gained, actually give them information and ideas that will help get us all past the posts when it comes to road safety, ACC and funding for specific motorcycle issues.
    For instance, scrap the stupid MSCG, keep the fucking money but promise to put it into a group of actually motorcyclist voted in people who's specific task IS to make all roads bike friendly.
    Adjust cambers, proper seal, impact reducing barriers, covering road side furniture in stuff that stops riders being ripped apart.
    Educate car drivers so they DO Know where to look/
    It won't happen overnight, we'd all be in for the long haul, but our kids would benefit from anything positive and practical we can achieve.
    I'd ride again and I've ridden on em all in the last 20 odd years.
    If it was to get the govt of the days attention and then to make them listen and accommodate us as proper licenced road users entitled to the same rights and privilages as any other motorists is, I'd ride for that.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I'm not fucked off and I have 3 registered bikes.
    I also have 3 of my current 7 register-able bikes paid up and still get a "little miffed" (to say the fucking least) that my ACC quota is over the top. At the last protest rally I put it to the National poly (that actually had the nuts to front up to what was a pretty rowdy crowd...thick skinned cunts that they are) that how on earth he saw it as fair that one person couldn't ride several bikes at one time, but in order to be a law abiding citizen had to pay more than one lot of a tax to do so. He made it plainly obvious that he couldn't give a rats posterior. As such I told him in no uncertain terms that he would NEVER get my vote...not that that was ever going to worry him. I'm fast coming to agree with Nodrog. The actual chances of getting away with it as long as your'e not doing anything stupid, is actually pretty good. I can see that commuting on a regular route means your'e more at risk of being nabbed but what the hell, it's worth the risk I reckon. I've got a mate that's been getting away with it for years and he thinks I'm completely bonkers being a law abiding citizen.

Rant over

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    I also have 3 of my current 7 register-able bikes paid up and still get a "little miffed" (to say the fucking least) that my ACC quota is over the top. At the last protest rally I put it to the National poly (that actually had the nuts to front up to what was a pretty rowdy crowd...thick skinned cunts that they are) that how on earth he saw it as fair that one person couldn't ride several bikes at one time, but in order to be a law abiding citizen had to pay more than one lot of a tax to do so. He made it plainly obvious that he couldn't give a rats posterior. As such I told him in no uncertain terms that he would NEVER get my vote...not that that was ever going to worry him. I'm fast coming to agree with Nodrog. The actual chances of getting away with it as long as your'e not doing anything stupid, is actually pretty good. I can see that commuting on a regular route means your'e more at risk of being nabbed but what the hell, it's worth the risk I reckon. I've got a mate that's been getting away with it for years and he thinks I'm completely bonkers being a law abiding citizen.

Rant over

Post up selfies of you and your expired bike rego out on the road

If a monkey can manage it KB riders might
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with

Is statue Johnny boy?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    That monkey is awesome.

Aren't they also going to bring in 'risk-based' fees for cars as well with these changes? We've got no chance of changing any government minds if that's the case.

Might be one or two drivers of old/cheap cars keen to join in though when they do.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    3 ornaments
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    How many people do you know of that regularly gets tickets for no rego and nothing else? , ie dont ride and leave your bike in the garage and you will be fine like me.
    fixed your quote for you gordon

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P

THAT'S BRILLENT!!

...wait

...hang on

(Bloody hard to train aint they)

...nearly there!!

....AHHH!!!!....THEY BITE!!!

...fucker

....STAY!!

there!....Perfect!!

"reads instructions again"

...goddammit! (I may need the assistance of an adullt)

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Thread Information