Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Protest, 1 September, Wellington

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    How many people do you know of that regularly gets tickets for no rego and nothing else? If you are getting pulled over I bet havig unpaid rego is the least of your problems, ie dont ride like a dick and you will be fine.
    It's the meter maids that get ya. Off street parking at work makes it a no brainer for me though.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Can you still pay for a rego by cheque in the mail?
    You think NZTA would mind if I took a peice of my own shit, put in in a courier bag and sent it to them as a payment?

Please Respond...

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    It's the meter maids that get ya. Off street parking at work makes it a no brainer for me though.
    That's right. The wife got ticketed by council nazis for no rego in her car last month while parked in a city street. Luckily she got off by letter as we had just paid for it over the internet. A week later my son got a ticket on his Firestorm when he (stupidly) parked it on the street while in the bank...his was on hold. So two in two weeks.
    I have also been stopped twice in the last year by police road blocks JUST for a WOF and REGO check. Once coming through Tokomaru on a Sunday avo and again in December last on the way back from Burt Munro - on main drag out of Havelock on the way back to the Picton ferry. That was damned lucky as I had left the bike on hold for 7 weeks and hesitated about paying $140 for 3 months rego before departing for the Burt. Decided not to chance it. All the way down east coast to Invergiggle, up across Central Otago and over the Haast - all the way up West coast over a period of 8 days - I though FUCK wasted $140.....BUT there they were at Havelock. 40 mins to the end. Made the right call.
    I'm on hold now and have been 3 months. I'll leave it till October and will pay through to end March. happy to pay 6 months price fo 12 months use. Seems a more reasonable fee.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I like Drews suggestion to but its not only cops up in Dorkland its every parking warden as well.
    Won't take long for the cops and councils to realise bikes are in easy $150-00.
    Also wont take long for them to put demerits on that either.

They have already worked out what Cage driver will do!
    "Oh goody money back! Whats yours $90, oh mines $50" bugger!
    Ah well next car I'll get $90, all good and then it'll be forgotten and ACC is turned into risk based insurance with a captive market.
    Divide and conquer!
    They have already planned what we will do and the response if ACC where true to its roots our rego would be the same as cars? No Fault???

I'm passionate about this but buggered if I know what we can do to be honest.
    Moms 100% correct tho, it has to be all of us and that's where they win.
    Bikers by nature are individualists, thats our problem, getting along with each other and being organised, and they know it.
    They got exactly what they wanted last time, little disruption, organised parking, and the fee's they wanted.

I don't mean to be negative and will ride in support no problem, but its numbers we need.
    I'm actually leaning towards stronger action but it has to be 1000 in each city not 100?
    That's the hard bit?

Ups to Bronz for doing something we have no one else.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Given a fair go, he'd get it done.
    Wasn't all STONEY, but hell, he made things happen that others could not even dream of.
    Yes he did 'get things done', and not just on his own, Stoney was/is a 'rabble rouser' for want of a better phrase, who could 'rouse the masses'. But there comes the time when the rabble rouser needs to step aside and let those more skilled in the art of dealing with the 'grey men' step forwards. Stoney didnt know when to step aside!
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    ACC is "No fault" insurance ... who is at fault in an accident is irrelevant to claim compensation. But the "Risk" of serious injury (or worse) after hitting wandering stock is greater ... riding a motorcycle
    a no fault insurance that weights the cost of recovery on to the more vulnerable party regardless of the circumstance is a no fault insurance?

Because ... Mountain bikes (and bycycles), Skis, snowboards, rollerskates and skateboards are not required to be registered.

Perhaps they should be ... it would be easy then to add a levy to them then. But for the moment ... they can't and don't.
    Its an industry based risk model that singles out motorcyclists as a high risk industry and ignores other high risk sports industries - because they can whack their costs onto our rego is convenient but irrelevant - one rule for all?

Certainly they should be levying these sports even if its only to be seen to be applying an even hand? Ironically my guess is it wont happen because the political risk/cost will be too high
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    a no fault insurance that weights the cost of recovery on to the more vulnerable party regardless of the circumstance is a no fault insurance?

Its an industry based risk model that singles out motorcyclists as a high risk industry and ignores other high risk sports industries - because they can whack their costs onto our rego is convenient but irrelevant - one rule for all?

Certainly they should be levying these sports even if its only to be seen to be applying an even hand? Ironically my guess is it wont happen because the political risk/cost will be too high

Motorcycle levies are high because we are at greater risk. Along the same vain, I propose taxing alter boys a high levy to cover the cost of legal aid, because they are at greater risk of being victims of pedophiles.

Also, from now on, women will pay higher income tax to also cover the legal aid for covering rape cases.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I don't have a problem paying and ACC levy.
    What I have a problem with is paying it multiple times and to add insult to injury ( no pun intended) you pay friggin GST on it.
    Its just a rort ( great Aussie word that) double dipping.

Here is the Govt Transcript
    http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/g...ion-acc-levies
    It says that motorcycle ones are already low and should be $1200 to $1900 a year.
    So Mr BRONZ Wellington Representative please explain how you perceive this to be discrimination?
    Or do you cling on to the 1967 " no fault' Woodhouse version. What was the most powerful bike in 1967...er a 45 HP Triumph Bonneville....today its like 180 hp BMW
    As Katman pointed out, perhaps 'we' should stop having accidents.

Question for the panel:
    " if GST is a Goods and Service Tax"
    What goods and service are we receiving for the ACC Levy, which after all is a Tax no an insurance premium?
    I have multiple bikes insured but its not like I pay the same for each one as you get a discount therefore the GST on that is less.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    You think NZTA would mind if I took a peice of my own shit, put in in a courier bag and sent it to them as a payment?

Please Respond...
    Why not go down and deliver it yourself in person and save the courier fee?

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    But the amount of registration is set due to the unsafe nature of motorbike riding
    The problem is it's not unsafe when you're fast and smooth
    Sticking to the back roads

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    A much fairer system would be to whack registration for car owners who cause motorcycle crashes up to the level of motorcycles for life.
    And of course those who manage to crash their bikes all on their own without any outside assistance should have their levy doubled for life and be banned at the same time.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    What I can't fathom about Herr Collins press release is the bit about dropping the levy on petrol by 3 cents a litre when Djonkey has only just put three cents ON the price of petrol to "pay" for the roading projects (which we've been already paying for with the petrol tax anyway)....Jeez don't those buggers talk to each other?

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I don't see any planning happening and it is beginning to sound like Bronz or Indie (one, the other or both) are full of shit.

Who is this Indie guy, anybody in Wtn know?
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Who is this Indie guy, anybody in Wtn know?
    Its a Gal and shes been on the site 7 days now and made 4 posts

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    The fact that this is a peaceful protest in which everyone has to behave themselves (for some unknown reason) means that it won't work. Chances of it even getting TV coverage before 6:55 is sweet fuck all.
    Show up on a unrego'd bike going wheelies/burnouts and riding much like they do in the Ride of the Century and people would probably take notice. I few gray headed cunts gathered outside of Parliament for a quick koreo isn't going to do shit...

Thread Information