Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries

2014 Capital 1,000 Km Cruise

The 8th Capital 1000K Cruise
    Saturday 08 November

Departs: Caltex Rimutaka, Upper Hutt.
    Check-in opens 0630 - 0700. Depart when you're ready
    Organised Starts also from Masterton; Taumaranui (possibly - and reverse direction) and the Manawatu Riders start early to restart from Welly then finish back at Palmy. Details TBA.

This is an informal ride for those North Islanders that thought the North Island 1600 might be fun but want something a bit easier first. We’re running out of new roads because the boys won’t let me use my “Wai’rapa Delights” route, so this year we’ll try the Forgotten Hiway from West to East....and throw in a bit of Fordell-Hunterville for those that haven't...and it's just a damn shame that we have to take the Para's (again) to get from one to the other!....and of course the Apiti loop is usually a pleasant pootle

Route is ≈1,018km via: (* denotes digital pic required)
    Rimutakas - Masterton - Mauriceville* - Halcombe - Whanganui - Stratford* - Forgotten Hiway - Taumaranui* - Fordell -*- Hunterville - Vinegar Hill - Kimbolton* - Apiti -*- Parrot ‘n Jigger
    Refreshments & Meals available at P’nJ to enjoy over the trading of lies.

Entry Fee: $15 (Covers Badge &/or Year Bar plus proceeds to Muscular Dystrophy)
    To guarantee a Year Bar, entry must be in by 20/10/14

Badges & Certificates awarded on sighting Check-Point evidence at completion of the ride.

As an informal ride, you and your bike are your responsibility to ensure both are capable of completing the course. There is no recovery vehicle organised.
    A register of riders will be kept to ensure everyone returns.
    There are Spot Prizes funded by Protecta Insurance, who have also made a generous donation to the Muscular Dystrophy coffers.
    It is not a race and should be easily doable at a sedate pace with stops…enjoy the ride.

The ride will go ahead rain, hail or shine….probably....or pending the Wed/Thurs forecast.

Enquiries & Registrations – PM or email me
    How a man wins shows much of his character....How he loses shows all of it!!"
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    This should be another pleasant wee pootle this year, with maybe a couple of new roads to some....but it’s a relatively easy route with more Para’s since it was so nice last year.

This year’s ride also falls on the anniversary of Grub’s death on the Forgotten World Highway in 2008, so it seemed fitting to cruise past and give him a wave. Shucks, 6 years have just flown by….Big hug to you too Nasty.

The $15 is required at time of registration please and we have to order the year bars, so these can’t be guaranteed for entries received after 20/10/14. Account details will be supplied on application.

As per previous years, Ride Instructions and a Briefing will be emailed the week before the event.

PS: The money raised over the past 7 years has been going towards a fund that is used to buy presents for children with muscular dystrophy. Many thanks to all those riders that have tried the ride, and if you don’t want to ride, feel free to donate anyway
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Damn. You can just never get the dates right. I'll be in Wellington 4 weeks earlier and two weeks later.

Oh well I'll just have to be content wit STJim's ride next year.
    Time to ride

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Damn. You can just never get the dates right. I'll be in Wellington 4 weeks earlier and two weeks later......:
    Four weeks earlier will see you in the Norf, just in time to participate in the NI1600!!....You can sign up here: http://www.distanceriders.org.nz/
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    he's back !!!
    when will a decision be made on Taumaranui being confirmed as a starting point for us up Norf John??
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    when will a decision be made on Taumaranui being confirmed as a starting point for us up Norf John??
    Should happen, I'm just waiting for Jim to advise a finishing venue and someone to run it. One paid-up starter from up there already.
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
    Should happen, I'm just waiting for Jim to advise a finishing venue and someone to run it. One paid-up starter from up there already.
    Cool !!! I'll be another paid up starter come Monday looking forward to it already

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
    John
    Lets confirm the Northern start from the BP Station at 6.30 am at this stage. Between now and the ride I will sort out someone for you to drop the badges off to and a finishing venue. Shafty should be back in NZ by then. I will seek his assistance. If the worst comes to the worst the BP Station will also be the finishing point.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    I've been a bit preoccupied with the organising and my own ride preparation for the North Island 1600 (here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...2-October-2014 or here: http://www.distanceriders.org.nz/ ), but all is set for this year's C1KC.

We currently have 25 paid entries and a few more unpaid registrations, but we're still about 7 weeks out, so all is good.

There are 4 or 5 starting from Taumaranui, 2 (or 3 when BanditRider gets his A into G) starting from Palmy, 3 or 4 so far for Masterton and there might be a start from Whanganui as well.

I've done a few km recently and all we need now is a bit better weather so I can take the liner out of my jacket.....and hopefully put the 'wets' away!
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Must sort that out...

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Would love to do it but my new BMW R1200RT doesn't arrive until the 24th November and I can't afford to put another 1,500km on my current bike otherwise they wont give me stuff all for it when I trade it in. Maybe next one.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    Would love to do it but my new BMW R1200RT doesn't arrive until the 24th November and I can't afford to put another 1,500km on my current bike otherwise they wont me stuff all for it when I trade it in. Maybe next one.
    I see you will have it in time for the TT2000 though Nice way to break it in....

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    I see you will have it in time for the TT2000 though Nice way to break it in....
    Not broken in properly until it's got 6 figures on the clock. My beemer only has 94k... bit more to do, but the Cruise is right between two busy weekends, so gonna have to be another time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Not broken in properly until it's got 6 figures on the clock. My beemer only has 94k... bit more to do.
    Cool, so now that the Connie is broken in (108), should i give it an oil change or something?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Cool, so now that the Connie is broken in (108), should i give it an oil change or something?
    Absolutely, splurge, go crazy, give it a birthday
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information