Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AJP PR3 240 MX Pro - ongoing review

Bike
    2012 Honda CRF250X- 2014 Honda CRF250R
    Had time to drain both the oil and fuel, and have updated the post above.
    Ended up being 12.8kgs over what they list.
    I've also added their flyer below,
    On that note, and what I've found, I wouldn't trust the spec's listed on the PR3 240 MX Pro, PR4 240 Enduro Pro, PR4 240 Extreme, PR5 250 Extreme and PR5 250 Enduro.

Also added pictures in post 14 of the oil screen, spring and o-ring.
    Will also find out if they (Tracktion's) put oil in it, or did it come with it pre instailled.
    As there were bits of what looked like old slimy oil that was almost rubber, you can see a bit of it stuck to the end of the oil screen.
    For a brand new 2014 bike, this is a bit off imo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AJP_HPV_update_press.pdf  

Bike
    2006 ttr230
    Just wondering are you happy with the bike and the service from the bike shop you brought it off, or do you think a crf 230 would of been a better buy

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur12 View Post
    Just wondering are you happy with the bike and the service from the bike shop you brought it off, or do you think a crf 230 would of been a better buy

Hey,

Yes to both,

The bike runs great, over all seems well made, as my daughter is just learning, it's been dropped .......... Mmmm alot......
    But your'd never know to look at it, she picks it up, hit the start button and away she goes.
    Over all very easy to maintain, though the air filter is very open under the plastics/seat, so it gets drity fast, this is of no issue to me, as I'm clening filters and skins every week anyhow, so one more whenever my daughter rides is nothing.

This is the 2nd bike I've purchased off Rob at Tracktions, he's a nice guy, anything I haven't been 100% happy with, he's done everything he can to sort it, so you can't ask for much more than that.

Well thats hard to say, the 230F is a great tractor, super easy to maintain with all kinds of aftermarket parts.
    But she not lite, it's another 10Kgs ontop of what the AJP "really" is.
    If I was buying for me and I wanted something to putt putt around on, to follow the kids, or the farm, then I'd buy the 230F, the things part tank part tractor lol
    If you are learning, or you are buying for someone that is, and you want as lite as you can, with still being a 4T, electric start etc etc(see first post), then the AJP fits the bill.
    I'd also take the 10Kgs savings if I wanted to use it for trail rides, I was out at the Waipara ride yesterday, saw a few AJP's out there, even stayed behind and followed a guy on one for a bit to see how it went, he seemed to make lite work of the trail.

Bike
    2006 ttr230
    Cheers for that I have just purchased one off Rob he was very helpful with his information on the AJP and will do all the mods to it that need to be done. All the sites i have visited on here no one has any really bad thing to say about them which speaks volumes I think. I have just sold my ttr230 to buy this so I will be very interested to compare them so will let you know my thoughts, thanks for your blog I found it very informative

Bike
    Nice!

Look forward to hearing about it.

As you are buying from up here, do you come up here often, if so, are you going to do any of the trail rides coming up ?

Oh, I posted about the oil.
    Rod told me it came shipped with it in it.
    Yours may be ok, I wouldn't risk it, change it out, or get Rob to do it, mine had "oil slime bits" in it.
    I also posted a picture of a bit of oil slime stuck to the filter, change/clean and put something good in it.

Bike
    The bike is just about to turn over 30 hours,

Other than the shifter has a small bend in it (easy to fix, just haven't done it) nothing as broken off or given me any issues.

This is even with the wife in the mix and starting to learn on it as well, lost count how many times the bike has been dropped, but looking at it you'd never know, they just pick the bike back up and it always just fires back up!
    So far, turning out to be a very good buy.

Bike
    2009 AJP rp3 200
    Someone was asking about my Trials Tyres.
    Ive got a 17" on the back so was a bit restricted in choice(PR3). I went for a Vee-Rubber radial 35 - 17.
    On the front I have a 21" & went for a Pirelli MT34 2.75/ -21 45P.
    They coped well in the winter filth I was out in Yesterday, I thought, but I have little to compare them against.

I have a mod or three for you.
    Front brake lever. It has an adjuster with lock nut on but if you adjust the lever so it is nice & close to the bar then there is nothing to hold it there so it can move away from the bar allowing the rubber boot & push rod to be able to fall out.
    I fitted a brake switch off an MZ ETZ (M6) with a long thread & lock nut so I can adjust this to be the "Stop".

A lot more "bodge" is my rubber band round the slack set clutch lever. same nice close lever, though.

I have the clear plastic top off a cotton bud container pushed into the seat hole to stop shit getting near the filler.

Mine's a 2009 bike so may or may not be relevant to the new stuff.

Mark

Bike
    KTM SX 85 2009
    G'day, I'm 13 (nearly 14), and I'm looking at the AJP PR3 200 or 240 as a next bike. I'm keen on racing enduro and cross country. Would these be good bikes?

Bike
    Yz125

Picture

Hi how do i view the photos?? It wont let me? New to this just made an account

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispii2734 View Post
    Try again.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispii2734 View Post
    Left click. Middle click. Right click, open new tab. How long have you been computing?

Bike
    2014 AJP 240 mx pro

Gears hard to change??

[QUOTE=Deanzo;1130763873]

The Bad (in no order)

# Gears take alot to change, neutral is hard to find, not learner friendly. EDIT: Takes a very light touch to find Neutral, my daughter seems to find it easy.

Hi mate, not sure if your still around, but did the gear changes ever get better?? I have just purchased the same bike/year for my son, and I struggled to change the gears up (granted I was in jandals for quick test ride). I would be interested to hear how that went. There seems something wrong if its so hard to change when running, but not hard when its off.

Thanks, Mark

Bike
    Yamaha Bolt

Researching 2015 AJP PR3 240 MX PRO as adventure bike

Hi guys,

I have been looking at this forum, since I saw one of these bikes on offer. I have a lot of questions. I am a landscape photographer and spend time walking the tracks of NZ, though I am in recovery from double surgery right now and spend too much time online considering my options. Anyway ...

I saw the 2015 AJP PR3 240 MX PRO and wondered if it could be adapted to lightweight adventure touring ... you know, the old myth.
    Questions:
    1) does this bike require a non standard 5000-10000km service regime?
    2) is the gearing ok for slow back road riding?
    3) I am short and therefore even the 840mm seat height is likely a challenge - note my anticipated use is for get to out of the way places and full on off road riding. I might have to consider lowering, does anyone have any advice on that?
    4) normal bike stuff: what sought of kms can this bike do before work is required?; how does it ride (ergonomics, gear changes, ... quirks)? Any known issues? How available are parts?

Thanks guys. Other than the above please let me know if you think of anything relevant, that may help.

Thread Information