Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New chick, very keen to ride!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...no, but she is somebodies daughter I would expect...
    bags not

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I would prefer my daughter to have fun, learn and think about whats happening around them than embark on some quest for power or speed before they know how to just ride safely and have fun...
    Perhaps I should have worded it better. I can understand the thinking, whether I agree with it or not.

Bike
    /
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    best advise I can give you - don't take advise off this site

There are so many on here who think they know everything, others have a go at knowing everything
    I have seen the worst advise and best advise on here and unless you know the difference - I would dump the whole lot, join a local scene and get some advice from a bike shop or family - but not here
    Thanks...Got my learners..gonna test some bikes out tomorrow and see what works. Definetly take my time when comes to choosing..Im a fuss pot

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

eek

Ok… the bike for you? it's called an R1, anything relatively late model. ask them to put a performance chain on it maybe electric blue in color? also have them give it the "Turbo" upgrade. You will need to modify or have the rear arm modified to anything thats "show condition" and allows the biggest bike tyre possible (yes you will have to research this) get the fuel inlet modified and the motor ported and polished, get a turbo cam manufactured and installed, replace the valves and the pistons for high performance and have the bike painted matt black. Make sure all tires are Metzler and add after market exhaust. (each pipe has its own muffler so you should have the same amount of pipes out the back of the bike as you do leaving the ports of the engine.

Then get it Dyno tuned and swap it with my little 250 yamaha. My little 250 yamaha would suit you perfectly for learning on and I really need a bigger bike.
    How do i delete my KB account?

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by *Boot's* View Post
    Ok… the bike for you? it's called an R1, anything relatively late model. ask them to put a performance chain on it maybe electric blue in color? also have them give it the "Turbo" upgrade. You will need to modify or have the rear arm modified to anything thats "show condition" and allows the biggest bike tyre possible (yes you will have to research this) get the fuel inlet modified and the motor ported and polished, get a turbo cam manufactured and installed, replace the valves and the pistons for high performance and have the bike painted matt black. Make sure all tires are Metzler and add after market exhaust. (each pipe has its own muffler so you should have the same amount of pipes out the back of the bike as you do leaving the ports of the engine.

Then get it Dyno tuned and swap it with my little 250 yamaha. My little 250 yamaha would suit you perfectly for learning on and I really need a bigger bike.
    WARNING!!! DO NOT RIDE THE R1!!!! Just simply catch up with me and we can do the swap easy as….

Bike
    98 Bandit 1200

Get your self a Rocket III

Get a Rocket III for a bike
    forget about LAMS approved crap - they'll never catch you

Learn to do line locks first - always cool

then stoppies - yet to see a good one on a Rocket

As long as you wear a floro vest, only ride in good weather, never exceed 90 Klm/hr ...... like a lot of wankers who ride nowdays - and you'll be safe
    Live long and prosper ……………… or ride a motorbike

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    another question are you tall? or short
    cruisers are very well suited to short riders
    What kinda of plastic work? D size plastic supplements for women? what about men? I could do with some extensions on my forks haha

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Get a Rocket III for a bike
    forget about LAMS approved crap - they'll never catch you

Learn to do line locks first - always cool

then stoppies - yet to see a good one on a Rocket

As long as you wear a floro vest, only ride in good weather, never exceed 90 Klm/hr ...... like a lot of wankers who ride nowdays - and you'll be safe
    Don't tell lies…. those are the people who die most often! you need to exceed all the rules and be paralytic to stay alive… even better if you swallow the worm (helps move power poles out of the way)

Bike
    2013,Harley Iron 883

simple ideas

I have had both a gn250 (single) and vl250 (twin) in the past. the gn250 is a good round the city 90 and lower kind of bike but once it gets up over 90 everything is screaming and shaking. the vl250 as a twin has better power and can cruise along at 100 on the highway with no issue and power to pass. neither are going to let you hoon like mad. the vl sits lower with more of a cruiser style which may be nice for someone at your height.

boots, above the ankle most people prefer no laces etc. I wear a pair of steal toe Docs with Kevlar lined jeans round the city. the jeans have pads but are a wee bit less bulky. I have leathers as well as synthetic pants as well that I wear in foul weather but I rarely dont ride. I like the Shark helmet I have with an internal sun visor so I dont need to mess about with sunnies. a good padded jacket with a removable liner.

I paid $400 ish for a helmet and the same for a jacket. I was given my leathers from a retired rider. I went to a number of shops and checked out the clearance stuff to find padded pants for $150 or so. the Docs were about $150 as well. I ordered my kevlar jeans from the UK as they were cheap, but they are fugly and dont fit that nice. I am a no A$$ guy so they hang off more then my normal ones but I change out of them when i get where i am going if I am staying.

You can cheap out a bit if you want but I like my skin. I have had my crashes in the past both my fault and others. I have broken bones but i have always had good gear and helmets so no road rash. look at insurance with david go lightly as well as they cover your gear and your bike in case you have an issue. they are also cheap compared to many others with great coverage. they are riders insuring riders.

If you like sporty bikes the Honda repsol 250 is a light bike but packs heaps of power. I have a friend that bought one and enjoys it.

If you are thinking of upgrading from a learner to a newer bike down the road then look at the gn or vl as they both have good resale value. I traded mine in on my Iron getting almost what I paid for it back on the trade.

Thread Information