Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ever wanted a factory supercharged Ninja?

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Jeepers it hauls!

Bike
    Indian Scout

Got to ride a H2 today- power corrupts absolute

Didn't see this opportunity coming this morning. Friend offered me to ride his H2 from Takas to Martinborough. First impression was, who stole the handlebar? Lowest positioned clips-ons I've experienced this side of a pure race bike. Pleasantly easy bike to ride once I found the grips and pegs.

Suspension made my base Z1000SX budget kit feels a tad lacking. But it's all relative to price I suppose. This H2 bike was always about that POWER. Stunning, stunning, stunning. I got to let rip, full throttle to the stop all the way to 12,000 revs or so afew times. Mind blowing acceleration 90kph to 250 in a few seconds in 4th.

Gorgeous paint, always pulls a crowd wherever parked. If power is your thing then this must be top of the pops.
    No matter how outrageous a machine this is I praise Kawasaki for being bonkers enough to make it- because they could.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I praise Kawasaki for being bonkers enough to make it- because they could.
    Absolutely mate!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Didn't see this opportunity coming this morning. Friend offered me to ride his H2 from Takas to Martinborough. First impression was, who stole the handlebar? Lowest positioned clips-ons I've experienced this side of a pure race bike. Pleasantly easy bike to ride once I found the grips and pegs.

Suspension made my base Z1000SX budget kit feels a tad lacking. But it's all relative to price I suppose. This H2 bike was always about that POWER. Stunning, stunning, stunning. I got to let rip, full throttle to the stop all the way to 12,000 revs or so afew times. Mind blowing acceleration 90kph to 250 in a few seconds in 4th.

Gorgeous paint, always pulls a crowd wherever parked. If power is your thing then this must be top of the pops.
    No matter how outrageous a machine this is I praise Kawasaki for being bonkers enough to make it- because they could.
    How did it sound?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    How did it sound?
    Can't recall? Standard muffler is near silent because it's so LARGE but with some miles on it, it has coloured a brilliant gold/titanium look which the Owner likes- I liked the colour, not keen on the size.

I can't remember any sweet induction or supercharger noise either. Mind you I was just blown away being allowed to ride it, so my mind wasn't paying attention to anything apart from the rush.

Only other bike as powerful I have experienced was when I did some laps on Manfeild on a fully race prepped BMW S1000RR but that was just short bursts between the corners. On the H2 I had miles of straight empty road to play with.

Unfortunately I was blissfully happy with the average suspension on my bike. Knowing full well it was your bog standard off the showroom stuff, but more than enough to keep me happy...until now. Bugger. I'm no fan of throwing cash into 'modifying' bikes. I'm a buy them, turn key and ride them sort of owner.

This will start my mind wandering. Looking at the greener grass across the fence, at a time I can't afford even to change my undies, let alone bike. I have never chased horsepower and the H2 hasn't changed that. I just appreciated how smoothly and rock solid it was as it absorbs bumps mid corner. Where as, string 3 tight corners close together in a row and my Zed starts to throw it's toys out of the cot. The H2 reminded of how well for example my D675 handled. And so it should, compared to a 1000cc sports-tourer. Horses for courses and all that. The H2 also reminded me I don't want to own a race orientated hyper sports bike again.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information