Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Any one have Round-up shares?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Old man used 245T or Tordon pretty much every day of his working life in my time anyway ie Solos spraying gorse,worked for him awhile when a young fella and can remember the taste of the stuff when the wind came up that said last time i heard he is still going strong at 78,still riding to fwiw,not funny at the time but can laugh about it now i once when we were doing a job just south of Kaikoura had to get something outta the back of a Landcruiser and (didnt realize it at the time) must have knocked the tap attached to the hose which was attached to the tank of Tordon on the back of said Landcruiser,we were all set up in the woolshed and early next morning awoke to a sea of red,not quite but thats how it felt at the time killed everything inclusive of the pine trees around woolshed.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Old man used 245T or Tordon pretty much every day of his working life in my time anyway ie Solos spraying gorse
    Those fuckers that worked for him used to have solo fights and spray each other with the shit
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Its a bit like cigarettes I guess... some will smoke long term with no apparent ill effects aside from reduced lung capacity of some level...

Cancer is basically when your bodies repair mechanism goes haywire due to DNA corruption, essentially a massive amounts of cells are produced (tumour growth) or defective cells are produced like with some forms of leukemia.
    So at some stage your DNA gets corrupted to varying levels, how bad depends on the type of exposure and what trigger elemsnts exposed to along with general overall health of your body and immune system.
    Eg Cesium 137 isotope a by product of nucluear explosion is known to cause leukemia, there were huge documented cases in pacific after bomb testing there.
    Now in a high dose scenario like that onset of the cancer is rapid... however thousands of km away you could ingest a minute amount of the same isotope and it lodges somewhere in your body, sitting there ticking away damaging your DNA strands, your body might cope with it or you might die from other causes before the cancer becomes apparent. Many cancers can take 20 years to fully manifest symptoms for diagnosis....

So long sotry short, yeah theres some hard buggers out there whove been exposed to stuff and survived, but it doesn't hurt to exercise caution and be safe. If you mwouldnt eat it, don't oput it on your skin, your bodies largest organ....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Those fuckers that worked for him used to have solo fights and spray each other with the shit
    Yep they did,even without that you still ended up covered in the suff.We did a job on the old brickworks land in Christchurch,i was bloody young and had my first road bike ie a 500/4 Honda after finishing work took a trip up the summit road which went sour on the way back and ended up in hospital for a few weeks pretty banged up i can remember the doctor after i was all fixed up saying one of there major concerns was what they thought at the time was a rash covering my arms and legs i had worn shorts at work that day and it was simply the red dye mixed with the Tordon.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Yep they did,even without that you still ended up covered in the suff.We did a job on the old brickworks land in Christchurch,i was bloody young and had my first road bike ie a 500/4 Honda after finishing work took a trip up the summit road which went sour on the way back and ended up in hospital for a few weeks pretty banged up i can remember the doctor after i was all fixed up saying one of there major concerns was what they thought at the time was a rash covering my arms and legs i had worn shorts at work that day and it was simply the red dye mixed with the Tordon.
    that red dye was pretty toxic shit on its own, i spent many an hour spraying with 245T early on then brushkiller and many many hours spraying ragwort with 50d, never used the dye till later years, never used masks and was normally in shorts and not much else.
    i now spray coat with urethanes and epoxies and i do know that i can't be around any solvent based products for very long without wearing a good mask or i get light headed and i have always been fairly on to it as far as wearing PPE since starting to use this shit 8 yr ago.

i kinda figure that all the other shit that has built up in my system over years of not using PPE has made my body less tolerant to nasty shit. I have a young assistant and i won't let her use even clear meths without wearing a good mask.

it does piss me off when business owners don't understand appropriate PPE and simple things like the fact that a mask is a personal thing and should not be shared, masks are not a one size fits all, dust masks are in no way suitable for dust let alone chemicals and those cartridges have a very short life once taken out of the wrapper.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    'Use as directed'. Protect as directed.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    that red dye was pretty toxic shit on its own, i spent many an hour spraying with 245T early on then brushkiller and many many hours spraying ragwort with 50d, never used the dye till later years, never used masks and was normally in shorts and not much else.
    i now spray coat with urethanes and epoxies and i do know that i can't be around any solvent based products for very long without wearing a good mask or i get light headed and i have always been fairly on to it as far as wearing PPE since starting to use this shit 8 yr ago.

i kinda figure that all the other shit that has built up in my system over years of not using PPE has made my body less tolerant to nasty shit. I have a young assistant and i won't let her use even clear meths without wearing a good mask.

it does piss me off when business owners don't understand appropriate PPE and simple things like the fact that a mask is a personal thing and should not be shared, masks are not a one size fits all, dust masks are in no way suitable for dust let alone chemicals and those cartridges have a very short life once taken out of the wrapper.
    Sounds like you have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity

We sell clothing and fabrics that amongst other qualities are certified pure and free from any chemicals. Our customer base includes individuals that are so sensitized to chemicals that they request their clothing orders to be packaged free from plastic and paper bagged inside the courier satchel so as not to be contaminated by the plasticiser off-gassing from the courier bag.

I spent a couple of summers back around 1980 spraying gorse with 245-T often being saturated by blown back spray and now have issues with diesel fumes, MSG and a few other things - linked?? Who knows for sure, but in today's safety conscious workplace I would have that doubt.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Anyone for a roundup ready vege burger
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki Rat View Post
    Sounds like you have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
    So we can rule out Lion Red then " The most common symptoms chemical sensitivity are feeling tired, "brain fog" (short-term memory problems, difficulty concentrating), gastrointestinal problems, headaches, and muscle pain." according to wiki...

My work is with pesticides (a Certified Approved Handler), my masks by my choice are test fitted every 6 months, I log my mask use, cleaned every use, not shared, stored in a container, the filters and pre-filters get tossed every 10 hours, if they smell, or after 6 months used or not. Maybe overkill but I can think of nicer ways to decease. (After a recent talk attended on asbestos amongst N.Z's we all should be shitting, it lingers like cancer).

Often see people about spraying herbicides with paper masks, or in shorts, the SDS and labels are there to read and follow, those spray and walk away adds are a bit of a joke.

Wear your protection, condoms are cheaper than kids..
    Last edited by granstar; 13th August 2018 at 06:21. Reason: Brain Fog!
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Often see people about spraying herbicides with paper masks, or in shorts, the SDS and labels are there to read and follow, those spray and walk away adds are a bit of a joke.
    Wear your protection, condoms are cheaper than kids..
    I spent 7 years in the Bay of Plenty owning/running a certified Organic orchard. The (non-organic) grower field days I attended in the first year or two were a lesson in the lifelong effects of spray (and sun) exposure with many of the long time orchardists exhibiting obvious health problems from both. "I've always done it that way and it's never hurt me" Yeah right!!

Interesting to note too that many in the organic community are 'born agains' following years of farming and horticulture that provided them with some pretty harsh lessons in terms of health issues for them, and in many cases their families (e.g. spray contaminated clothing into the family's washing).

Bike
    I spent 7 years in the Bay of Plenty owning/running a certified Organic orchard. The (non-organic) grower field days I attended in the first year or two were a lesson in the lifelong effects of spray (and sun) exposure with many of the long time orchardists exhibiting obvious health problems from both. "I've always done it that way and it's never hurt me" Yeah right!!

Interesting to note too that many in the organic community are 'born agains' following years of farming and horticulture that provided them with some pretty harsh lessons in terms of health issues for them, and in many cases their families (e.g. spray contaminated clothing into the family's washing).
    i used to shit myself when riding rural roads heading home around Te Puke and the kiwi fruit orchardists were out in their fully enclosed spray vehicles spraying that shit out over the roads for me to ride through, those mists used to stink.
    as to your previous comment to me, its only solvent based products and i know it affects me so wear PPE to compensate, but as Granstar has stated i have been known to suffer from short term memory loss not attributable to Lion Red, probably had something to do with the whiskey tho but definately wasn't the gin

Bike
    i used to shit myself when riding rural roads heading home around Te Puke and the kiwi fruit orchardists were out in their fully enclosed spray vehicles spraying that shit out over the roads for me to ride through, those mists used to stink.
    as to your previous comment to me, its only solvent based products and i know it affects me so wear PPE to compensate, but as Granstar has stated i have been known to suffer from short term memory loss not attributable to Lion Red, probably had something to do with the whiskey tho but definately wasn't the gin
    I was north of Tauranga and had avo's and citrus but those kiwifruit areas are being sprayed with Hi-Cane about this time of year and that shit is dangerous. One of its side effects is a fierce rash if you consume alcohol for about a week after exposure.
    Bit rugged when it mucks with your ingestion of recreational chemicals

Bike
    I was north of Tauranga and had avo's and citrus but those kiwifruit areas are being sprayed with Hi-Cane about this time of year and that shit is dangerous. One of its side effects is a fierce rash if you consume alcohol for about a week after exposure.
    Bit rugged when it mucks with your ingestion of recreational chemicals
    waqs early 80's when i was there, shifted out back of Hawera to get away from it and carried on sliding south over the years, still a red drinker and i don't drink wine, the naki days hold some awesome memories.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    , probably had something to do with the whiskey tho but definately wasn't the gin

Sheesh, it was only one.

Actually only started drinking Leon Rouge as a teen as everybody drank DB in those days unless you were a tough old man and drank Spigots. It was in order to stop others helping themselves to my beer from the fridge flat, no one down deep South, no one (apart from rail workers) drank red. Sundays I always had a beer where the others were knocking on back doors of pubs begging. This was all fine until a few years ago when someone from Northern territories drifted this way, but it is all good, I got less stingy in my old age (still not an imbiber of spigots -unless forced) and have concluded that if I shout beers, and hang about, I'll at least get half it back.

Good to see in news they sending rockets to the sun, maybe they can dispose of some bad chemical, and plastics up there in future?.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Thread Information