Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any one have Round-up shares?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    The oddity I always consider when reviewing theories like this one is I am usually pondering the subject matter in the company of a nice wine or beer. We are actively encouraged by society to ingest such products.
    What, you mean like sodium chloride?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Woody Weed Killer, well, kills the shit out of anything green in the garden. It has a warning saying you should not plant foods in the ground for X months after use. Must have some evil shit in it.
    And it'll kill trees too ... especially the ugly ones that come from between the shed on your neighbours place and the fence and then lie on the fence damaging it and blocking the sun. Yep, Woody will kill those trees if you pour some straight Woody down a convenient hole in a cut branch on the tree. Or so I've heard ...
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Breathe safely. Once it has been made into margarine or similar spread, the source oil is no longer mono or polyunsaturated.
    yeah well i dont put any of that shit in or on me either. although..... there was that one time in hamilton...
    Woody Weed Killer, well, kills the shit out of anything green in the garden. It has a warning saying you should not plant foods in the ground for X months after use. Must have some evil shit in it.

Roundup now make a 'water friendly' version so you can kill plants along your river banks. I've not see any eels with upset guts yet but it is early days.
    i think that woody is triclop-metsulfuron.

glyph is the only agrichem approved by council/govt for use over/along waterways/drains etc. and we all know that council and government make the best decisions for everyone...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    ....and we all know that council and government make the best decisions for everyone...
    Yeah, what's a little 1080 in our rivers, between friends?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Yeah, what's a little 1080 in our rivers, between friends?
    well... since monoflroacetate is water dissoluble... fuckall.

but the bykill, and all the carcasses falling in the waterways, pose a raft of other problems. not to mention the fact that <80% doesn't actually make it to the ground (regarding aerial application) to kill the "target species"...
    fcking jew cunts.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    And it'll kill trees too ... especially the ugly ones that come from between the shed on your neighbours place and the fence and then lie on the fence damaging it and blocking the sun. Yep, Woody will kill those trees if you pour some straight Woody down a convenient hole in a cut branch on the tree. Or so I've heard ...

Roundup is great for killing trees too - 4-5 10mm holes filled with Roundup does the trick.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Roundup is great for killing trees too - 4-5 10mm holes filled with Roundup does the trick.
    Shhhhhhhhhh katman and Bogan hug them.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh katman and Bogan hug them.
    With logical leaps like that, I think asking you to read the research is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps this sort of thing is more your speed?

"A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    I find it ironic that some consider the idea that ingesting a poison is dangerous, constitutes a conspiracy theory
    All manner of "poisons" are routinely ingested as part of what people eat or drink. Many of these toxins have safe levels. A few may accumulate, eventually reaching a toxic level. Many are metabolised and moved on. Conspiracy theories occur when a hypothesis is developed that is not supported by science. Like vaccinations causing autism, that sort of thing.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    All manner of "poisons" are routinely ingested as part of what people eat or drink. Many of these toxins have safe levels. A few may accumulate, eventually reaching a toxic level. Many are metabolised and moved on. Conspiracy theories occur when a hypothesis is developed that is not supported by science. Like vaccinations causing autism, that sort of thing.
    Indeed, and it is only prudent to be wary of these and constantly vigilant for any science showing significant likelihood of causing harm. So just how is the hypothesis that ingesting roundup causes digestive bacteria harm, not supported by science? The recent articles I have read show that it is, what have you read lately? To support or dismiss such theories based on anything other than the supporting science shows a lack of sanity; as do 80-odd% of posters so far.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    245t -that is all
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    None any more
    Indeed, and it is only prudent to be wary of these and constantly vigilant for any science showing significant likelihood of causing harm. So just how is the hypothesis that ingesting roundup causes digestive bacteria harm, not supported by science? The recent articles I have read show that it is, what have you read lately? To support or dismiss such theories based on anything other than the supporting science shows a lack of sanity; as do 80-odd% of posters so far.
    I am still reading on this matter. I am a naturally sceptical individual. There are cases for and against, even in "scientific" literature which does not necessarily include the likes of Scientific American or Woman's Weekly.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    245t -that is all
    Without wanting to appear to be a defender of this product, not all of the bad press that 245-T copped was justified or valid. Associations with Agent Orange being but one of those. However this is a better world without it.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    With logical leaps like that, I think asking you to read the research is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps this sort of thing is more your speed?
    I don't read the clap-trap articles that Steve puts up, better fun just to wind things up, I still love him though, Romans Sandals or not.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I don't read the clap-trap articles that Steve puts up.......
    Get Anne to read them to you if you're struggling.

Thread Information