Thread: Large tyres, small bikes?

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Support Large tyres, small bikes?

Ok, So I want to stick to the tarmac when I need to buy a new rear tyre. Whats with super huge tires? Why would I want to go outside factory sizes and what benefits would I have if I chose a super wide rear tyre and used an after market rear set of rails to hold the tire on with? I have seen a lot of custom bikes with this done and they look super cool but what are the realistic benefits to do this on a 250cc Yamaha FZR 92?
    How do i delete my KB account?

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Easier to fuck up the bikes geometry. Bigger wheels/tires are heavier. Small engine will lose a bit of power.

As for grip, a little bike gets plenty of grip from small tires to cope with their light weight.

Lets be honest, you want to look like a big boy. Do it, everyone will think you're cooler than Fonzee

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Easier to fuck up the bikes geometry. Bigger wheels/tires are heavier. Small engine will lose a bit of power.

As for grip, a little bike gets plenty of grip from small tires to cope with their light weight.

Lets be honest, you want to look like a big boy. Do it, everyone will think you're cooler than Fonzee
    Lol, yeah pretty much…. ok will stay factory then. Just can't get the custom bikes out of my head!!!! and then theres hyabusa's doing 100kmph down a freeway in america with smoke pouring off the rear tyre.
    How do i delete my KB account?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Bt45s or sport demons will come in the right sizes, get one of those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Between bikes
    Other than maybe going up a profile on a tyre (on certain bikes only in any case), there's really no need to change the size, especially on a 2fiddy.

+1 on BT45s / SDemons.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Thread Information