Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ART Day, 11 October

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

ART Day, 11 October

Who going?

Im booked but no entry forms out yet.

Ive been told Im not allowed back in group 1. So group 2 for the first time for me.

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    I intend to go, -if it happens.

It wont be my first time at hamton but it'll be the first Art day ive been to.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribit View Post
    I intend to go, -if it happens.

It wont be my first time at hamton but it'll be the first Art day ive been to.
    Which group are you in?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Bit over a week away now....

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Yep its all on guys. Not sure how many spots are left but get your entry forms in an Colleen will work her magic

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Yep its all on guys. Not sure how many spots are left but get your entry forms in an Colleen will work her magic
    Cool. Now can you make sure its dry? Did a day at Taupo today and frig it was wet at times.

Bike
    Fingers crossed for fine weather. It'll just make the day a hell over lot better. Got a onsie rain suit to go over the onsie leathers if necessary.

I've applied for group 2. I am a newbie but ive heard group one is for people that are completely scared of corners. Im told swapping groups isnt a big deal on the day, so ill see what happens.

Got the leo vince slip on installed, can wind up the fuel injection on the day, got some plastics that i wont mind scratching installed on the bike. Ive got access to some healthy 2nd hand pilot power 3's which im deciding whether or not to use over my Z8's for the day, Whatcha reckon?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Fingers crossed for fine weather. It'll just make the day a hell over lot better. Got a onsie rain suit to go over the onsie leathers if necessary.

I've applied for group 2. I am a newbie but ive heard group one is for people that are completely scared of corners. Im told swapping groups isnt a big deal on the day, so ill see what happens.

Got the leo vince slip on installed, can wind up the fuel injection on the day, got some plastics that i wont mind scratching installed on the bike. Ive got access to some healthy 2nd hand pilot power 3's which im deciding whether or not to use over my Z8's for the day, Whatcha reckon?
    Disagree. Group 1 is for people new to track. There is a strong learning element with coaching and classes between each session. i would not have liked to have started in group 2. This will be my first time in 2. Its kinda like missing the first term of school.

Not sure I would be keen on a rainsuit at 200.....

Will leave the tyre question to those that know better than me. Im on PR2s and will change to a track tyre when I feel im out riding them.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Disagree. Group 1 is for people new to track. There is a strong learning element with coaching and classes between each session. i would not have liked to have started in group 2. This will be my first time in 2. Its kinda like missing the first term of school.

Not sure I would be keen on a rainsuit at 200.....
    not sure if id be keen of 200 in the rain!

Tyres pressures are on my mind though. ive been told around the 30 mark for front and back which seems extreme when std pressures are 36f 42R. i will lower them but prob only up to 10 -15%

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    not sure if id be keen of 200 in the rain!

Tyres pressures are on my mind though. ive been told around the 30 mark for front and back which seems extreme when std pressures are 36f 42R. i will lower them but prob only up to 10 -15%
    30 does sound about right. I ended up 30/32 yesterday. 36/42 sounds like a 2 up pressure.

I just found this which is saying my rebound is to fast front and rear. http://biketrackdayshub.com/motorcycle-tyre-wear-guide/

Bike
    30 does sound about right. I ended up 30/32 yesterday. 36/42 sounds like a 2 up pressure.

I just found this which is saying my rebound is to fast front and rear. http://biketrackdayshub.com/motorcycle-tyre-wear-guide/
    36/42 is manufacturer recommended pressures.

I'll be hardening up the suspension a bit since the tracks fairly smooth (cept round turn 5). looking into what works for other people on the forums, show the suspension fairly hard settings. will play with that during the day.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    36/42 is manufacturer recommended pressures.

I'll be hardening up the suspension a bit since the tracks fairly smooth (cept round turn 5). looking into what works for other people on the forums, show the suspension fairly hard settings. will play with that during the day.
    Manufacturer pressure is normally for 2 up. Im 34/36 for the road and I weigh twice what you do.

One thing we were told is a good road setup is a good track one. Your sags need to be right as a starting point. I dont remember turn 5 being rough, its my favorite turn of Hampton. Turn 1 is the one I cant get right. I always tip in to early.

Bike
    Manufacturer pressure is normally for 2 up. Im 34/36 for the road and I weigh twice what you do.

One thing we were told is a good road setup is a good track one. Your sags need to be right as a starting point. I dont remember turn 5 being rough, its my favorite turn of Hampton. Turn 1 is the one I cant get right. I always tip in to early.
    i really liked turn 6 but that was while i was on the 250.

Sags good, 30mm F&B

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Pressures indicated by manufacturer will indicate minimal load (1 rider) or heavy loads (2 up, luggage etc). Just make sure they're also within the maximum pressures stated on the tyre.

I think I ran regular road pressures for the small amount of track time I did, but I was never that involved, and just wanted a bit of track time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Well what a pearler of a day that was! Great fun for my first track day in over 20 years. Bike is a bit quick though - didn't really get to use much of its potential.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141011_141212.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	511.1 KB 
ID:	303397  

Thread Information