Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: From riding horses to riding bikes! Noob on the loose! (Crapple)

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    How old are you? It's pronounced DTF?
    Old enough to know that most men think with the smaller head
    WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! Let me get my popcorn.... ok... continue.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    How old are you? It's pronounced DTF?
    old skool, my man, old skool.
    get all the babes...

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    old skool, my man, old skool.
    get all the babies...
    Just like Jimmy and Rolf aye.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Just like Jimmy and Rolf aye.
    no that's after skool

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR

First long ride :)

Went for a long ride yesterday with mates (well, long for me) winding roads, the highway and the motorway! Only been up and back to the shops after getting my L's the weekend before. My highlight would have to be holding up the doughnut muncher on the winding roads haha! 40 in the 70 zone, was quite proud, the silly bastard couldn't give anyone tickets as long as I was holding him up Shat myself a bit around some corners but overall the group thought I did a good job to my astonishment! Was a beautiful day for it, time for NASS me thinks Attached some pics from a lookout in West Auckland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scenic.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	908.2 KB 
ID:	304580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View 2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	882.1 KB 
ID:	304581  

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapple View Post
    Went for a long ride yesterday with mates (well, long for me) winding roads, the highway and the motorway! Only been up and back to the shops after getting my L's the weekend before. My highlight would have to be holding up the doughnut muncher on the winding roads haha! 40 in the 70 zone, was quite proud, the silly bastard couldn't give anyone tickets as long as I was holding him up Shat myself a bit around some corners but overall the group thought I did a good job to my astonishment! Was a beautiful day for it, time for NASS me thinks Attached some pics from a lookout in West Auckland.
    Keep up the good work.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    Keep up the good work.
    Concur. The more training you get & practice you do the more fun you will have. I know this is true because my n00b(ish) G/F can't stop smiling for 3 days after a good ride. She has done all three pro rider courses, I have done two. Excellent bang for your buck IMHO.

Only kidding about the rain, you have enough to think about without factoring in all the slippery hazards. The best time to ride is when you really want to & your head is in the right place for it. Nothing worse than feeling obligated to go out but really don't want to.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    . I know this is true because my n00b(ish) G/F can't stop smiling for 3 days after a good ride. She has done all three pro rider ...... Excellent bang for your buck
    ................by George...... three days........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Concur. The more training you get & practice you do the more fun you will have. I know this is true because my n00b(ish) G/F can't stop smiling for 3 days after a good ride. She has done all three pro rider courses, I have done two. Excellent bang for your buck IMHO.

Only kidding about the rain, you have enough to think about without factoring in all the slippery hazards. The best time to ride is when you really want to & your head is in the right place for it. Nothing worse than feeling obligated to go out but really don't want to.
    Cheers, booking in for a course in early December, I think it will really help. Got to learn to ride in the rain sometime, only been up and down the street on the wet road.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Cheers, booking in for a course in early December, I think it will really help. Got to learn to ride in the rain sometime, only been up and down the street on the wet road.
    Once you have your handling skills & confidence in place riding in the wet becomes an exercise in observation to avoid slippy bits & throttle restraint to give you more space and time. Not a biggie at all. An anti fog visor or pin lock is a must. My helmet steams up in the rain. A right PITA.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1989 Yamaha FZR400
    After you get confident riding in the dry, riding in the rain starts to become a fun challenge.. because it's exactly like riding in the dry, except "dumb" mistakes you'd make in the dry are made more noticeable in the wet.. so it teaches you to be smoother and more careful, a good lesson to take in to your dry weather riding to learn to be smoother.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM8 View Post
    After you get confident riding in the dry, riding in the rain starts to become a fun challenge.. because it's exactly like riding in the dry, except "dumb" mistakes you'd make in the dry are made more noticeable in the wet.. so it teaches you to be smoother and more careful, a good lesson to take in to your dry weather riding to learn to be smoother.
    Concur. When I'm riding in the rain my focus is on avoiding the worn, shiny, tar bled, tar snaked, diesel hued, painted, plain old slippy, bits of our roads. I make the same effort in the dry to positively reinforce the habit & learn the roads I ride regularly. I ride at the same speed, generally, in the rain but it is smoother. It's also more mentally taxing.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information