Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The ST1300 thread!

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan

The ST1300 thread!

Fook that's a grunty knee wound man, any long lasting damage to the knee? And yep ya lucky it wasn't terminal outcome, well done and all the best with the recovery.

Quite like them ST 13-hundys, good choice and all the best with the new ride eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by ruaphu View Post
    Fook that's a grunty knee wound man, any long lasting damage to the knee? And yep ya lucky it wasn't terminal outcome, well done and all the best with the recovery.
    I did take some pics before it got sewn back together if you want to see a really grunty wound!
    No damage to bone or tendons or muscle - I was VERY lucky.
    I should be back to work next week.
    The new ST1300 this week is so I have my commuter to get me to work next week.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Errrr nah I'm all good man, that pic is more than enough. My wife seen the pic of injury, just replied replied, prrrrrfff It's a minor wound, walk it off. feckin typical medical black humour eh, first to care and all that, lol. But nah, she reckoned ya a bloody lucky bugger not have had it completely wrecked, recommended ya go get a lotto ticket and oddly.........a large hammer?!

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Fuck me! What a beautiful day for a ride today was!
    ~173km from Whakatane to Morrinsville and it was great.

Got the new bike home:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ST1300_Red1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	312356

Name:	ST1300_Red2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	312357

This one has handlebar risers which was something I was planning on getting for the previous bike to take a little weight off my wrists. Apart from that there is very little difference, except the colour of course.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Wheres the luggage from your old one?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Wheres the luggage from your old one?
    Damned if I know!
    The left pannier had damage and there was some damage to the top box, the right pannier would have been in good condition though.
    Maybe the bike shop offered a few bucks to the insurance company for the luggage before it was put up for auction.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I've improved the visibility of my ST with some LEDs.

Name:	ST1300_LEDs.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	313440

https://youtu.be/kgHy74bLmbY

Now the headlights look so very yellow. Previously the marker lights looked so yellow that the headlights were fairly white in comparison, but now the marker lights are LEDs and so are the flashback LEDs in the indicators.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Cool looks good.

Bike
    2018 Moto Guzzi V9
    the old no look right turn..can relate, had a guy do that to me, closest to a big off have had, still dont know how I missed him, lucky didnt have the panniers on or would have clipped it. from the agricultural but indestructible RT, ps also no slouch on the twisties
    SIGN HERE X

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's like watching a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    What a soft cock, who wears pants when posting on facebook?

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Nice bike MarkH, red ones are faster too.

The STs are great long distance bikes, but have lovely handling for around here too. I was always impressed by a guy down in Tauranga who had an ST1100, the way he'd go up the western side of the Kaimais was incredible.

While I was in central QLD, one day I rode from Mackay down to Rockhampton for a burger and then back, about 380 km each way. Had a short stop on the way down while an officer of the law wrote me out a speeding ticket. The ST1100 was a great bike for over there, long legged, and great on the inland routes where the accepted speed limit was higher.

Just my short legs was the only thing I had against the bike. The ST1300 has a 3 position seat, but not enough adjustment for my legs.

Bike
    CRF250L Rally

Anyone need some ST1100 forks?

Just having a cleanup and remembered these forks sitting in the basement.

I replaced the forks on my ST1100 when I got it as the old ones were showing a worn spot on one of the chrome sliders. Still got warrants and worked fine, didn't affect the seals or anything so useable as is if you are fixing up an accident damaged Pan.

Anyway of anyone needs them welcome to have them. They might be useful to someone as they are or for the internals. PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1454.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	700.5 KB 
ID:	323097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0543.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	704.1 KB 
ID:	323096  

Bike
    2008 ST1300

eek Speedo Reading

I've just bought a 2008 ST1300 and love it. However I wasn't expecting the speedo to be so far out. I was doing 110kmph on the dial but the GPS was reading 100kmph.
    I assume this is normal?
    Has anyone installed a Speedo Healer or Speedo DRD? Worth the effort and cost?

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan View Post
    I've just bought a 2008 ST1300 and love it. However I wasn't expecting the speedo to be so far out. I was doing 110kmph on the dial but the GPS was reading 100kmph.
    I assume this is normal?
    Has anyone installed a Speedo Healer or Speedo DRD? Worth the effort and cost?
    Sounds pretty normal to me. Some bikes bike be reading 105 when really doing 100, others might be reading 110. My solution is to use the GPS to find out and then I know and mentally adjust for it while riding.

To me a speedo healer just isn't worth the cost, I know that 110kph indicated is about the open road speed limit and 120kph is the danger number - faster than that and I'm risking a ticket. If I could calibrate a speedo for free then I'd set it to be only just slightly reading above the actual speed, but I definitely wouldn't pay good money just to have it accurate. As long as the speedo is consistant then you know what speed you are going, if it reads 10% over then you know that and can easily tell your speed by factoring in that amount.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    A
    The Speedohealer approach does work, not a big deal to fit and calibrate, depends a bit on how fussy you are about speedo being spot on. (Yes ok I'm fussy )

The ST1300 is by no means unique in having a 5-10% optimistic speedo.

I've used the GPS approach in the past, that works just fine. The Speedohealer is cheap enough, and when you sell the bike just whip it off and fit to your next one.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The Speedohealer approach does work, not a big deal to fit and calibrate, depends a bit on how fussy you are about speedo being spot on. (Yes ok I'm fussy )

The ST1300 is by no means unique in having a 5-10% optimistic speedo.

I've used the GPS approach in the past, that works just fine. The Speedohealer is cheap enough, and when you sell the bike just whip it off and fit to your next one.
    Yeah agree mate, hate having them wrong.

Thread Information