Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer jacket?

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR

Summer jacket?

Hi ladies,

Noob here, what jacket would you recommend for riding in summer? I love my 1tonne but it has no vents and I roast like a chicken!! Recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea which brand/material to get
    WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! Let me get my popcorn.... ok... continue.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Does it not have a removable liner .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    what exactly is your current jacket/ leather/ textile?

For cruisy summer riding, Id probably go for a decent textile jacket if I was going to buy a second one, but I just use leather all year round.

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville 208
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post

For cruisy summer riding, Id probably go for a decent textile jacket if I was going to buy a second one, but I just use leather all year round.
    A vexing question. I use leather in Summer and textile in winter. In Summer I use "shorty" gloves so the wind can whistle up the unzipped sleeves. Have looked but never found those jackets that seem to be mesh holding the armour in place, and suspect I would only find them in the shops in the hotter climes overseas. They would have limited time use here.

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Does it not have a removable liner .. ???
    I removed the liner, it's still unbelievably hot, talked to someone else who has a similar jacket- same problem.

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post

My 1tonne is textile, perfect for winter but in summer it's an oven.

Bike
    LOUD!! CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by strumpet View Post
    A vexing question. I use leather in Summer and textile in winter. In Summer I use "shorty" gloves so the wind can whistle up the unzipped sleeves. Have looked but never found those jackets that seem to be mesh holding the armour in place, and suspect I would only find them in the shops in the hotter climes overseas. They would have limited time use here.
    I guess NZ is special enough to get the mesh jackets, maybe leather might be the way to go then. Thanks

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    There are a number of textile Jackets with vents in this country. Mine is a Technic Freeway, It has a removable thermal liner (Which I never wear, even in winter)
    It has a total of 5 zipped vents that can be opened, 1 across the back, 1 on each upper arm and 1 on each side of the chest. They work a treat, can feel a nice flow of air around the upper body. Its been an awesome Jacket for me, kept me warm and dry for 2 years now. There are others out there that will be just as good Im sure. Just make very sure the size is right for you. Good Luck.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    I've often thought about just wearing something like this http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/E...llistic-jersey

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Rev'it will have a range of textile jackets, plus they're available in womens versions as well. Some of the jackets will be 3 or 4 seasons, ie, have liners, but as long as you look for one that has a mesh outer, it's going to breathe well. It won't be the best in winter however, as the outside doesn't stop much water.

I tend to use 2-3 jackets over a year of seasons. Main jacket is waterproof outer, don't need liners and used for most of the year. Summer jacket is a Rev'it one, sometimes I'll take the waterproof liner to pop in if the weather catches me out, but the outside is breathable. If by some miracle we get some really warm weather, I've got a DriRider mesh jacket that feels really weird compared to regular jackets as it passes a huge amount of air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    As well as feeling cool while riding you must look the part as well, buy a jacket that is a female cut..
    Like this --->> http://www.fc-moto.de/Revit-Airwave-...Textile-Jacket

Click on the main image for a better view.

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapple View Post
    I guess NZ is special enough to get the mesh jackets, maybe leather might be the way to go then. Thanks
    I have a 1tonne leather jacket and remove the liner in the summer and have no problems at all. However my pants are textile and I sweat like a trollop in a haystack...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swtfa View Post
    my pants are textile and I sweat like a trollop in a haystack...

youre such a flirt!

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    My summer jacket is a Spool-mesh with the usual armour,absolutely great-I rode in Oz last summer with this in 40 deg heat so can vouch for them.

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    +1 condura for summer. I do like my leather jacket - its heavy and keeps the wind out but too hot for summer. I don't get hot with the Revit stuff with the thermal liners out, even with the waterproof one in - I take it out during Jan/Feb when its scorching and no chance of rain. Can recommend Rjays stuff too - liners out they'll be good. Cnell if you want to be cheap - may still be hot?

Buy the best gear you can afford. Last thing you want is to have the skin off your ass grafted onto your face
    Skulls N Flames. Bye bye FZR may you have many more miles with your new owner. 600cc time soon!

Thread Information