Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand. What a back water shit hole.

Bike
    motocompo
    So now we've got some Gisborne Maori on the news that wants to paint Captain Cook out of the picture because she doesn't like the idea of her peepiw being "discovered"
    Maybe someone should mention the Moriori's.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    So now we've got some Gisborne Maori on the news that wants to paint Captain Cook out of the picture because she doesn't like the idea of her peepiw being "discovered"
    ...or history and how we all become a product of it...

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...or history and how we all become a product of it...
    If her peepiw had been discovered by cannibals she wouldn't have much to complain about now.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    > Yep. Rounding up ethnic types is racist.

Should they be rounded down? Or rounded off?

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    At the end of the day captain cook "discovering" NZ is a significant enough thing to happen in aotearoa to commemorate. Also you need to read some history on the morioris.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    At the end of the day captain cook "discovering" NZ is a significant enough thing to happen in aotearoa to commemorate. Also you need to read some history on the morioris.
    I was taught at school in the '70's that they were the original inhabitants of NZ and that the Maori's ate them, but I think the true history of this country is being buried by people with an agenda, so I don't doubt you could possibly turn up a different record of how events went down.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    I was taught at school in the '70's that they were the original inhabitants of NZ and that the Maori's ate them, but I think the true history of this country is being buried by people with an agenda, so I don't doubt you could possibly turn up a different record of how events went down.

...in the beginning there was a couple of bushy rocks, big fucking rocks...there were smaller rocks too...there was much verdancy and fucking big, and frightening birds...then a bunch of wanderers in hollowed out logs washed up on the rocks...their dogs immediately shit on their new home and the wanderers lit a big fire...it went for a long time...then some time down the chronological track, another bunch of wanderers hove to near the rocks, shit themselves and fucked off...a little more time went past and then some more wanderers turned up, let their pigs and rats go, painted some pictures and hung a hanky up on a stick, calling these rocks somebody else's and we don't give a fuck...then the story unfolds with the normal dramas of being slightly relieved of your country and shit...but that's history...written by the victor, disputed by the vanquished...don't ya love it...History. I mean...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Being from Irish decent I tend to agree with her.

However I dislike that Taika Waititi bleating that we are racist and not pronouncing place names correctly...he can fuck off.

I also wonder about why they have the Commonwealth games as the only ones who got wealth were the fecking British.

The only other thing I wondered about today was why people waste money buying KTM 990's which clearly are so uncomfortable that the very

sight of gravel sends them into stand up mode.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Being from Irish decent I tend to agree with her.

However I dislike that Taika Waititi bleating that we are racist and not pronouncing place names correctly...he can fuck off.
    Well he's got a gall saying that. He can't even say arks properly.

Bike
    Various things
    You're so out of fucking touch. It's not fucking 1970. Here's a bit of bedtime reading for you. Do try and get out of the dark ages.

https://e-tangata.co.nz/news/maorify...t-the-solution

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    You're so out of fucking touch. It's not fucking 1970. Here's a bit of bedtime reading for you. Do try and get out of the dark ages.

10 characters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	336220  

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post

So someone's got a life story. Sorry, I've missed your point entirely.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    So someone's got a life story. Sorry, I've missed your point entirely.
    Possibly any country that Europeans invaded disadvantaged the existing population.

Its too late to turn the clock back and probably would have been worse if the Dutch or French got a foothold.

The Irish suffered from years of British rule and were treated badly and sent to Prison colonies, seem to have done ok since

they left.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Possibly any country that Europeans invaded disadvantaged the existing population.

Its too late to turn the clock back and probably would have been worse if the Dutch or French got a foothold.

The Irish suffered from years of British rule and were treated badly and sent to Prison colonies, seem to have done ok since

they left.
    At least Europeans short circuited their discovery of the wheel.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    At least Europeans short circuited their discovery of the wheel.
    I thought that was Ford with the Mk 3?

Thread Information