Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand. What a back water shit hole.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    it was in Auckland .. few noticed ... or cared.
    edited for accuracy.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11337642

It's not the first time NZ's major city has had a severe power cut. What a bloody joke.
    Indeed.

Almost as bad as North Mexico...

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...uts-a-history/
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    Someone wanna explain why people pay for power, central aucklanders get about $330 back each year from the power company and there's power cuts due to lack of money spent on infrastructure?

Deregulating and privatising the system seems to have just fckd things up for the consumer.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11337642

It's not the first time NZ's major city has had a severe power cut. What a bloody joke.
    FUCK OFF THEN (oh sorry - you already did that .. So shut the fuck up!!!)
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Bikes!
    In other news... Oregon has lost power three times this year... to squirrels

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    What the fuck do squirrels do with electricity??? Roast nuts perhaps ???
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    What the fuck do squirrels do with electricity??? Roast nuts perhaps ???
    They are training to become "shock jocky's" ... they hear there is work in New Zealand!

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Was always going to happen after Max Bradford and his rich buddies pulled apart the electricity system, and turned it from a service provider into a bunch of different businesses, sadly subscribing to the model espoused by the good old USofA capitalists (enron anyone?)
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Various things
    NZ! I love life here.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Was always going to happen after Max Bradford and his rich buddies pulled apart the electricity system, and turned it from a service provider into a bunch of different businesses, sadly subscribing to the model espoused by the good old USofA capitalists (enron anyone?)
    Not quite true there ... there has been huge investment into maintenance and infrastructure since then!

The plant would never have kept up with the population growth and industrial expansion due to the public utilities being held up and used as a political football.

Max Bradford and Sir Arnold Nordmeyer share political condemnation for very minor contributions to NZ political history compared to those who have followed them!

I refer to Nordmyer's (supposed) black budget.

[Quote from Wiki]

When Labour won the 1957 elections Nordmeyer was made Minister of Finance and was ranked third within the government.[7] A short time after taking office Nordmeyer concluded that the country was on the brink of a balance of payments crisis and decided to take strong measures in response. His first Budget (generally known as "the Black Budget") introduced a number of unpopular changes, including significant tax increases. The particularly large tax increases for alcohol and tobacco, coupled with Nordmeyer's strong religious background, created the impression that he was attempting to impose puritan-like reforms. Labour was voted out of office in the 1960 elections, something that many historians blame on Nordmeyer's "Black Budget".[1]
    Leader of the Opposition

Despite attracting considerable blame for Labour's loss of support Nordmeyer was elected to lead the Labour Party when Nash retired in 1963.[1] Future interim Prime Minister, Hugh Watt became Nordmeyer's deputy leader.[8] The memory of the "Black Budget" still haunted Nordmeyer's profile, however, and many within the party believed that it was time for "a new generation" to take control. In 1965 a group of Labour MP's formed a group known as the 'Mafia' who were dedicated to replacing Nordmeyer with Norman Kirk. This was due to some within the Labour caucus thinking Nordmeyer "out of touch" with his Members and vice-versa, some considering him an autocratic loner, despite his considerable debating abilities.[8] Norman Kirk eventually emerged as the favourite candidate to succeed Nordmeyer and in a vote on 9 December 1965, Nordmeyer was defeated by 25 votes to 10.[1]

Just one of the reasons that I detest and mistrust the Labour party as a group that will "Always" shit on their own when it suits them!

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    They are training to become "shock jocky's" ... they hear there is work in New Zealand!
    "You must spread ..." Nearly fell off my chair laughing ..

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    that city is full of imports anyway, so no real loss
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    If its critical to your business or home buy a generator. FFS its not that difficult.

I have a basic 10 amp petrol generator. I used it for 3 weeks after the canterbury earthquake and I even threw an extension cord over the fence and kept the neighbours fridge and water tank full.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    This is Auckland we are talking about ... Obviously the (NZ) Governments fault ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    that city is full of imports anyway, so no real loss
    mmmmbecause people not born on this island are a subspecies undeserving of the great electricity supplied in/by the island??

Thread Information