Thread: MotorGear & Caberg Helmet - Good Service

Bike
    R1200GSA

Thumbs up MotorGear & Caberg Helmet - Good Service

I bought a Caberg Konda directly from the importers (the very nice chaps at Motorgear in Napier) a while back.

The helmet has an excellent safety rating from the UKs SHARP website which along with a very keen price sold me on the helmet.

After 9 or 10 months use I would give this an 10/10 for value for money, 8/10 for finish and durability, 8/10 for comfort and probably 7/10 for quietness.

(CAVEAT: I have very limited experience of these things)

However, this post is about customer service.

THe vinyl part of the neck roll was beginning to crack quite severely in several places. I emailed John at Motorgear to tell him about this and included a few pictures. Within 24 hours I had a reply to say he had investigated, there had been a dodgy batch of vinyl used in the factory and a replacement liner and cheekpads were being couriered to me. Two days after that the box was on my doorstep.
    The liner was for a newer model so was a bit of a fiddle to get fitted but not a major drama. Much better quality as well.

Its really easy to moan when things go wrong, so I thought I should put it out there that I was impressed by the speed and quality of the back up provided. Cheers Motorgear
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Do they have a website?

I have a hardly used Caberg with a rooted visor that I was quoted more than the helmet cost to replace - worth a crack..

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    +1 Awesome service from these guys when I had a problem . Will certainly buy my next helmet from them

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    That's good to read. A new book mark. Had my Trip for a few years now & looking at replacing with the Caberg adventure helmet. Trip shows minimal signs of wear. Visor mechanism a tad loose & a bit of wear on the foam bits by the straps. I'm off for a squiz on the website.

http://motorgear.co.nz/
    Manopausal.

Thread Information