Page 5 of 274 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2015

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Currently playing the waiting game to see if SKY pick it up. Should they not I will again have to fork out for the Dorna coverage. I did try torrents once but it was less than a roaring success and I was wondering if torrents worked better when the programme was very recent and many more people were downloading/uploading?

Meantime I'm watching old westerns and Charles Bronson movies on Youtube. Roll on Qatar.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Bikes
    Like Pritch, I will wait to see if SKY picks up MotoGP (Very unlikely, the PRICKS!) and if they don't I'll grudgingly pay for Dorma.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post
    Like Pritch, I will wait to see if SKY picks up MotoGP (Very unlikely, the PRICKS!) and if they don't I'll grudgingly pay for Dorma.
    It'll be interesting Bill, to see if they go like last year and try and sweeten us by offering BSB.
    That and WSB was the only reason I didn't cancel my sport package.

ps I even tried honestly to watch Cricket at the Basin last night !!!!!!!
    Jeeeezus ! went outside after 10mins and humped hay bales around the paddock in preference !!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I hope like hell they do not, Sky prices are redonkulous. I think the Dorna package may be the only option for myself as I don't want to go back to paying for mysky just to watch three races every few weeks.

Torrenting is an option, I personally struggled to find a reliable source which doesn't get shut down within weeks. Lets hope Sommet rises from the ashes, I see they are getting people to pledge funding for them. I did wonder how a channel like that would survive with bugger all advertisements (you bought a jeep???) and some pricy contracts. When something is too good to be true...

Bike
    Bikes
    Thanks for the new thread Pritch. The other attempt was a bit of a fail with all the humorous? plays on the spelling.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the new thread Pritch. The other attempt was a bit of a fail with all the humorous? plays on the spelling.
    Ummm I'd forgotten the other one, did a search for the title and didn't see it, now I know why. Ooops!

Anyhoo, this morning on Twitter someone posted the following link to MotoMatters' David Emmett. Considering the success of the CEV series in producing a large percentage of the talent in GP racing there are some things of interest. For example this series, run by Dorna, offers prize money, MotoGP does not. The four pages contain the details.

http://www.fimcevrepsol.com/en/entri...ses-and-prizes

If you delete everything after the ".com/en" in the address you will see the whole site - in English.

Re WSBK: I see they are using the Honda CBR650F in the EJC series this year, they went from the 250 Kawasaki to the KTM Duke, to the Honda 500 twin and now the 650 four IIRC. The sound track should be better and the kids should get more of a thrill?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Something to read:
    http://ontrackoffroad.com/

Bike
    Bikes
    If you're interested in Sommett covering MotoGP in 2015 you may be interested in the postings here:

https://www.facebook.com/SommetSports?fref=nf

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Nothing to do with GPs but... SKY didn't cover the Dakar Rally last year but they are this year. It's on several times a day, stage 4 today but there will be a wrap up of the whole week later.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Casey Stoner has signed to test for HRC again in 2015, starting before the next official test apparently.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Caey Stoner has signed to test for HRC again in 2015, starting before the next official test apparently.
    Didn't he sign up to do so then to do bugger all testing last season? I seem to remember an interview somewhere with him saying such words. Bloody high calibre test rider they have there.

Would love to see him up against Marquez, shame he doesn't want to race anymore. Was never a great Stoner fan, but that dude knows how to ride!

Bike
    Bikes

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Cheers for the new thread Pritch Happy New year Everyone

Havent had a chance to look on the MotoGP site since Xmas but my son says there is some really interesting stuff on it about the intricacies of the new rules this year and next etc.
    We subscribe together every year and just let it role over about 80 bucks each if I remember correctly?? Last year I really liked the 45min pre Race interview sessions during practice with the riders with questions from the floor a lot more humorous and personal than a 30 sec after race interview. And watching when we liked and how we like without have to record anything. I think BSB was 40 bucks but I never got to watch much, to busy? I just torrented the first 3 rounds of the AMA MX damn good quality, damn fast download to 3.5 gig per round for both classes full coverage and it only took about 40mins each?

I see this as a transition season till we get same for all rules
    Anyone hear if Honda are still threatening to quit if they have fixed electronics???

Same as Pritch I hope Suzuki etc find their feet quickly and Ducati can match the Yamaha and Honda.
    I think Lorenzo wil come out fitter and fighting this year. Rossi to
    I did read Danni's Crew chief has gone to KTM to head up there MotoGP effort. Wondering if a new guy might give him a lift like it did Rossi.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    The Race Director is staying at my place.
    Lots of swearing coming from the garage as he works on his Adventure bike.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    The Race Director is staying at my place.
    Got any quotable quotes? Or are you not plying him with enough strong drink?

Thread Information