Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZXR250C or CBE250RR questions

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    It runs nice down low, there are no issues until 12k rpm onwards. It's very strange, I would've thought the worn emulsion tubes would've screwed up the midrange more and not so much the top end. I guess the proportion of the total fueling from the needles is quite high, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

I guess that's the interesting thing about carbs, fuel is supplied through all these different paths in different proportions throughout the rev range to maintain the right air-fuel ratios. And its all mechanical, amazing really.

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    Shims are $10 -> $12 EACH from motocycle shops ?!?

shit is insane, that means a $110 bill for me since I need so many.... unless someone knows of a cheaper place?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by bawked View Post
    Shims are $10 -> $12 EACH from motocycle shops ?!?

shit is insane, that means a $110 bill for me since I need so many.... unless someone knows of a cheaper place?
    What are the dimensions of the stack? I can turn up a single shim to spec'd height easy enough.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Bit of elbow grease and some very fine paper and you can sand your own might need a decent vernier or micrometer though
    I do it when I can and on a piece of glass.
    Or get the real pro fulla to make em
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Bit of elbow grease and some very fine paper and you can sand your own might need a decent vernier or micrometer though
    I do it when I can and on a piece of glass.
    Or get the real pro fulla to make em
    How do you sand the hole into the middle of it

Also, what actually needs to be hitted with the hammers? few-mm-ish needle shims for like the 375 carbs per cc these 2fiddys have?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    Found some cheaper shims, put them in.... within spec now.

Was assembling the bike and noticed the chain tensioner screw is shagged, same with a couple of carb airbox mounting threads I think its time for a ride on the cbr and I'll just have to drill and retap the holes tomorrow.

Also seems like the cam chain needs replacing, as it has tight and loose portions as I crank the motor over. But i'm moving house in the next couple weeks hence the hurry to get this thing back together. I'll order one and put it in once i have a nice garage to work in.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    How do you sand the hole into the middle of it

Also, what actually needs to be hitted with the hammers? few-mm-ish needle shims for like the 375 carbs per cc these 2fiddys have?
    You're thinking of needle shims and I'm thinking of valvetrain shims?
    Better shimmy along then.

Luckily cam chains are still available from Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information